The Axalon RPG

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Old Stories
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

This is a collection of stories that I wrote about 7 years ago. Feeling nostalgic, so I thought I'd put them up. Never wrote the last part but like you know, whatever.

Part 1: Heart

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/gargoyles/heart/fiction.html

... flash back...

We hear a cry. A blood hurtling cry that sends tingles up our spinal columns. On a side street, in the pre-dawn hours, we find a female beast warrior being assaulted. She bares the markings of a snow leopard. Her eyes burned of copper. Her assailant’s features cannot be made out. He is seen to us only as a shadow, a living shadow.

... end flash back...

We are in the same spot only later. Signs of the violent act we had begun to witness are visible. In place of the pair is a Maximal bonded with panther DNA. He is slender in appearance as his armor is light – all apart of his design to move quickly and actuarially. One would be scarcely aware of him even being a beast warrior at a glance as most of the noticeable features such as the beast’s head and the extra limbs are tucked away. His colorings? Black and white – nothing exotic. His optics? Dark blue – almost black.

Pulling away, we find our setting to be in Prime City – one of Cybertron’s gleaming metropolises. Cybertron, the ancient home world of the Transformers – living machines. Cybertron is said to of been created by the legendary Primus, a god-like being entrusted with protecting the universe from evil or more specifically, evil’s ultimate form: Unicron. The keyword in all this is ‘legendary’. Many in this modern age view such tales as mere rants from crazed elders.

Still, many believe.

The city is composed of multi shaped, tall silver towers. Roads rest on platforms of various heights running all about in seemingly no pattern at all. This chaos to outsiders is order to the Cybertronians aka the Transformers.

... flash back...

The female finds herself unable to breath as the one attacking her has a firm grip over her nose and mouth. She muffles a scream upon feeling something pierce her super structure – a blade. She had been stabbed. Fluid oozes around the attacker’s hand as he or she or it or what have you drives the blade further and further up – a vertical slice through her torso. Letting her go, she falls.

... end flash back...

The panther has his hand pressed against that very spot.

A low growl emerges from this throat.

Pulling back we find another figure to be now present. The colorations of this individual are black and purple with red optics. He is a beast warrior but is... ‘more organic’ in appearance then the typical. Three pairs of wings were presently at rest across his shoulders and back. He has a tail as well. Beast mode? Dragon.

“Why are you here, Pyre?” The panther asks without turning around. There is noticeable tension in the air between the two… as if a fight wasn’t far from starting between them.

“You know why, Jungle,” Pyre responded.

Pyre was right of course.

Icerunner.

“I’m going to see to it that whoever did this to Ice pays dearly,” Pyre added, with warp blades extending from his wrists to serve as an exclamation point to the statement.

Jungle stood up right. Pyre was a good head taller then the cat and much thicker as well. Jungle’s fists clinch as he turns his head just enough to see Pyre.

“Likewise.”

... flash back...

All hell is breaking loose.

Gun shots ring out in every direction. ‘Bots – obviously non combatants – are cut down like ducks in a barrel. The trouble seems to be being caused by two groups who have taken up positions on opposite sides of the tavern. The civilians are merely caught in the middle – wrong place, wrong time.

Thick – intentional – smoke fills the room, adding to the confusion.

We zero in on a young Maximal female with coppery eyes - Icerunner.

A shot to the knee had downed her.

Fear had frozen her.

What? – the sudden appearance of a table blocks a barrage of projectiles. In the last possible second, it had literally rolled into place in front of her. No way that could have been by accident she thought – mind beginning to work again.

A Maximal with black and white colorations appears beside her. Placing his back against the table – it was Jungle – he tosses the female one of his pistols.

“If you’d care to live, stick close,” commanded the Dark Warrior.

... end flash back...

“I don’t like it,” stated Jungle to Pyre, whose full attention was focused on an adjacent building. The section of town the pair had found themselves in was old – older then the human race. Damage from the Great War where the ancestors of modern day Cybertronians/Transformers; the Autobots and the Decepticons fault to near extinction is prevalent.

“Your prerogative Bright Eyes,” Pyre responded as he converted out of his dragon state and proceeded to glide down from the rooftop they were occupying.

“Wait,” Jungle commanded feeling something seriously was not right about any of this. Following the scent of Ice’s assailant had been far too easy... almost as if he or she or it or what have you had wanted to be found.

Pyre elected to ignore Jungle as he vanished into a shadow – short range shadow teleportation, one of the Dark One’s few remaining ‘gifts’.

Jungle growled, pacing back and forth a couple times.

Should he or shouldn’t he?

Slag.

Leaping, Jungle converted into his panther form and touched down on all fours. Almost in disbelief of what he was about to do as every fiber of his being was advising him against it – for reasons beyond his present ability to understand - Jungle transformed into his robot form and activated his cloak field.

The inside of the building was in the same state of disrepair as the outside. There was also no sign of Pyre and just as importantly; no sounds of a conflict. The scent of the one who had led them here remained strong... wait... there was another...

Sage.

What the in the pit? The cat quickened his pace, putting his stealth tactics aside, moving instead with a sense of urgency. Last Jungle knew, she wasn’t even on Cybertron. The hallway widened into a large storage room...

... it was there he saw her. Sage lay unconscious in a pool of her own fluid. The sight of which causes the panther to lose his focus entirely and thus returns to view.

Holding her, he checks her vitals – breathing a sigh of relief upon finding her functional. Predacon being her faction of choice, she is bonded with crocodile DNA and has a transmetal 2 superstructure.

Sharply lifting his head, Jungle takes note of all the lights in the room now being on. Just a moment ago, it was pitch black. His body tenses...

... a tingle ran down his spine...

... focusing back on Sage, the cat gets a punch to his face for the consideration. Then another and another. Sage was now on her feet and withdraws an energon sword from subspace – her primary weapon of choice.

“Sage!?” Jungle blurts not in the least understanding what was going on.

A blinding light fills the room – Sage had set off one of her flash bombs. When his vision finally returns, she is no where to be found. She must of cloaked – like Jungle she possesses that ability.

Jungle examines the room – instincts kicking in – looking for something, anything… some clue or more pertinent to the struggle he now found himself engaged in, some sign of Sage’s whereabouts…

... the latter is easily come by...

... he winces when feeling her sword gouge into the plating on his back.

Pyre on the other hand was faring slightly better.

At present he was making his way through a maze of mirrors. Mirrors which hung from floor to ceiling. A ‘fun house’ you could say. The area was without shadows – no easy escape for the dragon. He moved with caution - warp blades extended - not sure as to what next to expect.

“What up, yo?"

Upon those words, the Dark One pauses dead in his tracks...

... the mirrors no longer reflected him. Rather instead, Jungle... no, not Jungle... not exactly... a ‘red’ version of Jungle. The reflections laugh manically in unison as one states, “I’m back! Miss me, Darky?”

In response, Pyre shatters the mirror belonging to the reflection who spoke with his warp blades but that has no effect on the remaining images.

“I’ll just take that as a ‘yes’,” comments another reflection.

“What do you want, Red Jungle?” Pyre asks, sounding rather disgusted... almost insulted by the cheapness of it all – of this setup.

Red Jungle was an alternate Jungle from another universe – a crazed alternate. Last Pyre knew, Red was trapped in a dead universe. Pyre was among those who had made sure of that. Obviously that was not the present case.

Red must of masked his scent, Pyre concludes.

“With you? Please. Don’t give yourself the ego boast, dragon. In your mortal state you’re worth nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just can’t have you interfering with my counterpart. I have great plans in store for him.”

Back with Jungle proper, a holo graphical version of the ‘red’ Jungle had appeared.

Jungle himself was on this stomach. Sage was present as well, notably with a knee planted firmly into the Dark Warrior’s spine to keep him down and her sword forged of energon against his throat to make sure he stayed down.

“Thanks for dropping by, JJ!” Exclaimed Red Jungle.

“Go slag yourself, Red,” the Dark Warrior promptly retorted.

“You see!? You see!? That’s exactly what I’m sick to death of! You’re the alternate, not me!”

“You’re in my universe.”

“Shut up! Shut up! I’m Jungle, not you!” Red hissed.

“What did you do to Sage?”

“Wha? Oh, nothing. What makes you think I did anything to your precious girlfriend?”

“She’s got a blade against my neck.”

“Oh, right, that. A neural agent. Nothing fancy. I just thought I might enjoy you being hurt by someone you care so much about... and I do, as it turns out.”

Jungle felt Sage’s weight shift. That’s the trouble with being bonded with organic DNA – those sections get stiff. With that came opportunity. Basically; now or never.

As Sage is forced to adjust the position of her blade against Jungle’s neck in conjunction with dealing with the stiffness caused by Red’s extended ramble, Jungle gambles, converting to his panther beast mode. Fortunately the violent movements associated with the transformation process is enough to dismount Sage.

Escape route consisting of a dash through Red’s holo projection, Jungle cloaks.

Upon taking a moment to withdraw her other sword, Sage follows her boyfriend’s lead and activates a cloak field of her own.

Looking around, Red’s projected form is rather dumbfounded. Mannerisms showing him to be becoming increasingly bored each second, he checks his wristwatch – which isn’t actually there. He however doesn’t wait too much longer for the fun to resume.

We see Sage reappear in mid leap, thrusting a sword downward. Jungle winces upon feeling the impact of Sage’s sword into his arm. The energon weapon carried with it a less then pleasant sensation for the Dark Warrior as he is forced back into view now in robot form. Sage followed up with a strike to the panther’s neck with her other unencumbered blade.

Now said and done, Sage only landed one out of two as Jungle deflected the second attack with his knife. Spinning, Jungle effectively creates much needed distance and dislodges the blade from his arm, vanishing from view once more in the process.

Turning 180, the crocodile slashes her swords at the air. Reappearing, Jungle catches both with his hands. Fluid dripped down upon the floor from the wounds caused by the act. Sage pulls back hard in an attempt to free her blades but Jungle denies her, being the stronger of the pair.

Jaw dropping, Red eyes Jungle’s extended chest chain guns. That made him wonder… would Jungle really..?

“Forgive me,” the Dark Warrior states – voice filled with pain. He was pained not by injury but rather from what he must do.

The blue coloration of his eyes turns to black.

His chest guns go off.

Sage falls.

“Delicious,” Red states as the holo graphical projection dissipates.

Back with Pyre, only one reflection of Red was now shown.

Pyre takes a swing at it, but it vanishes just before his tail connects and shatters the mirror. The image reappears further down the row. Pyre frowned under his battle mask as his blades retracted. “I’m tired of playing,” he states as he crosses his arms and capes his wings.

Red was visibly angered before his composure is regained.

“Come now, Darky. Don’t sulk. Just because you no longer have your Greater Force endowed powers doesn’t make you a total and complete loser. Just a total one. And hey, you’re still enough of a man for Ice, right? Ah, Icerunner... I love the way she tastes.”

A low growl rises from Pyre’s throat.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Red added.

Pulling out a couple of hand puppets from behind his back, Red proceeds to demonstrate.

Pyre isn’t amused.

“You’ll have to do better then that,” the dragon states, voice filled with disgust - disgust of the situation – his surroundings – the cheapness.

Red shrugs replying, “okay.”

Switching to the outside of the warehouse we see it implode.

... flash back...

”You can’t go back. The life you had before is over.”

Ice stood in disbelief having heard what she had just heard. Apparently the incident at the bar was no random act. It was an exchange between two intelligence groups – one of which being the Maximal Secret Police (MSP) – gone bad. Having witnessed such an act, standard MSP procedure dictated that she be taken offline - full scale cover up.

“Wha... what am I to do then?” Ice stuttered out. If the agent before her had intended on killing her – he’d of done it at the bar. He spared her. She was a creature of logic and thus logic dictated he didn’t spare her just to kill her.

Jungle placed his back to her – her ‘pureness’ her ‘innocence’ was becoming a bit much too bare. He then sighed, not believing himself what he was about to do.

“Come with me,” the panther commanded.

“Huh... what? Why?”

“Would you rather I shot you?” Jungle stated as he started to walk away.

“... no. NO!” Ice blurted as she hurried to catch up.

... end flash back...

The scene is Jungle’s Cybertron residence. Nothing fancy as the cat didn’t much care for the ‘finer things in life’. In the background, an assortment of workout equipment is seen in addition to a flight of stairs leading up to a loft.

Burn marks cover Jungle’s frame and Pyre is noticeably limping. Jungle places Sage – now in beast mode but still unconscious - into a cr-chamber.

Jungle states, “I thought I told you to wait.”

Pyre responds, “I heard you.”

"You know what, Deadman?"

Pyre's optics narrowed. "Enlighten me."

"You’re a liability I don't need. Call me when you’re immortal again. Till then, go back to whatever dark place you crawled out of."

In the aftermath of Pyre defeating the Crisis beast it was discovered that his god-like powers were gone. Defeating the monster which threatened the entire planet of Cybertron and potentially the entire universe quite literally took everything he had to beat it.

"...I think you had less of a Primus complex when you were still the Chosen."

A reference to when Jungle was endowed with Greater Force energy – the Greater Force being the highest to date known evolution of the Transformer race.

Pyre turned and began to walk away stating, "I'll find Red Jungle myself. You can have what's left of him."

Jungle starts to say something then says something else. "Whatever. I trusted you with Ice, Pyre and you screwed up. I let you come with me to track Red and you screwed up. I'm not giving you a strike three."

Pyre starts about his rebuttal, but notices Jungle distracted by images on the news monitor. Turning, Pyre sees what Jungle sees.

... flash back...

A displeasing odor fills our nostrils. It was the smell of a bog. A tropical environment surrounds us. Jungle is present. Chest chain guns extended, he’s clearly ready to unleash hell upon a nano-clicks notice. Unleash hell upon what? Impossible to deduce at this stage.

At present, the cat is examining the ground. From the way the area has been disturbed, something had been through here recently and in a hurry. Of course, if you were inexperienced in the art of tracking, you’d be hard pressed to be aware of that fact.

Turning, the Dark Warrior has just enough time to see a ‘mud ball’ headed in his direction. Tilting his head to the left, the object evades him. Barely. He now looks rather pissed off.

“Easy JJ, it’s just me,” states a voice.

Lunging, Jungle tackles its source, putting a blade to the spark casing of a young female Maximal with snow leopard markings.

“Jungle! Stop!” She exclaims, looking as if not knowing what to do.

The panther positions himself such that their nose plates meet. The leopard-bot was now visibly shaking.

“This isn’t a game, Icerunner. Understand?”

Without hesitation she nods.

... end flash back...

The Prime City police force has the area locked down. Emergency medical personal are in the process of moving Quade – a general in the Maximal Military – into a transport. Bonded with brown bear DNA, he is rather large as Maximals go – similar in stature to Rhinox from Beast Wars.

In addition to being a high ranking officer, Quade has some other significance as well – he is Jungle’s brother. Considered a ‘rare’ occurrence, the original protoform split into seperate segments. Since they were capable of supporting a spark, from them, Jungle and Quade were brought functional.

Angling upward, we see a panther and a dragon watching the scene unfold from a the sanctity of a web of shadows on a rooftop.

Cutting to the inside of Quade’s apartment there are obvious signs of a conflict having taken place.

Red’s scent – his true scent - is everywhere.

Jungle bangs his head against the wall.

The cat wasn’t exactly sure what he was feeling right now.

“He’s targeting everyone I care about,” we hear Jungle say.

Pyre stood immersed in shadows such that only his faint outline could be seen – that and his fiery red optics.

“He’s jealous. Jealous of you, Bright Eyes.” As Pyre continues, Jungle turns to face him – that ‘hook’ had caught the cat’s undivided attention. “You’ve stared your darkness down many of times, Jungle. You’ve come close to, but never have broken. He broke. Your existence... the way you exist reminds him of that fact. It forces into the light his own weaknesses.”

It’s then the cat eyes something – something discarded by the crime scene investigation performed by the Prime City police – an onyx rose.

Making his way over to it, Jungle sniffs it. Red’s scent was not on it – it was placed after the conflict... by someone... someone other...

“What?” Pyre asks.

“It’s the Maximal Secret Police way of saying they want to talk.”

Pyre’s optics visibly widen. The Maximal Secret Police or MSP is a covert group sanctioned by the Maximal Alliance whose charter mission is to root out all threats to the Alliance. Jungle’s purpose for coming online was to function as an MSP agent. His protoform was given to the MSP by the Maximal High Council and over a harsh training curriculum he was forged into an agent. In part due to Icerunner’s influence, Jungle left the MSP years back. Pyre himself has had more then one negative experience with the MSP as he himself was/is/could still be, one of those ‘threats to the Maximal Alliance’.

“Well then, you'd best not keep the slugs waiting.” 'Slug' is a slang term for MSP agents. "Meanwhile, I'm going to go check on Ice. Besides the fact that I've been meaning too, I just suddenly got a bad feeling."

Concurring, the Dark Warrior nodded.

... flash back...

“Jungle, please. I can’t.”

Standing in a windowless room is a pair of Maximals. The one who spoke is female with snow leopard features. She comes across as young, as innocent. A contrast to Jungle who came off as seasoned and stern. The female’s eyes burned of copper. Jungle’s were blue, were cold.

Tied to a chair sat an organic female with a gray skin tone. Race? Carbation. Approximate age in human years? Sixteen.

“Withdraw your weapon, Icerunner,” Jungle commanded.

“No,” the leopard-bot replied in a shaky tone.

The Dark Warrior’s eyes widen.

“What did you just say?”

“JJ please... she’s just a kid...”

“Withdraw your weapon,” Jungle restated.

“But-”

“Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes. Finish your mission, Ice.”

She stands there stubbornly, definitely. Had Ice been one of his Maximal Secret Police (MSP) pupils, he’d have her by the neck by now and she’d be gasping for air. In spite of his present body mannerisms indicating he wasn’t too far from that point, Ice knew well and full Jungle would never harm her. Even now she felt safe near him.

Sighing, the Dark Warrior turns and walks away. A partial smile forms on Icerunner’s face which quickly dissipates as the Carbation breaks free from her bonds and attacks her...

...the pair now wrestle over Ice’s blaster but Ice is clearly the strongest...

... Ice’s eyes close as she pulls the trigger.

Darkness encompasses all.

“Computer, end simulation,” we hear Jungle say.

... end flash back...

Resting in the rejuvenating waters of a cr-tank, we find Icerunner. Given her history with the Maximal Internal Security agency, the snow leopard had been placed in the medical facility’s ‘secure wing.’ Her prior injuries inflicted courtesy of Jungle’s alternate are still visible.

A shadow loams over her – must be Pyre. No wait, it’s someone other. It’s the lovely Jadestone to be exact. Having the secondary form of a beaver and a transmetal 2 structure, she is one of those feminine types who immediately catches one’s eye the moment they are graced with her presence. Examine her well defined curves and ‘other’ such features and there well be no doubt in your mind as to why the above is true.

Bending down, Jade places her hand into the tank, causing some of the water to splash out. Then Ice’s body begins to rise out of the cr-tank – obviously a result of Jadestone’s telekinetic grip. Jade moans as she strokes Ice’s face. For a moment she is lost in the possibilities that the situation presented – but only for a moment as she remembered her assignment.

The distraction was not without consequence.

Jade turns in time to see Pyre come at her from the shadows.

The Dark One lunges into her, successfully tackling her. Meanwhile, Ice – still unconscious - falls back into the tank with the lack of any cat like grace.

Pyre was about to impale the beaver with his warp blade, but is finding himself unable and not from a lack of effort or will. The ear to ear grin upon Jade’s face reveals to him the cause.

Unable to fight it, Pyre finds himself standing.

Then Pyre finds himself sticking his own head into the cr-tank.

“I don’t breath,” the Dark One manages despite his predicament.

“My mistake,” Jade responds. She is content to instead throw Pyre into the wall and then threw the across the room exit. That does afford Pyre the opportunity to see why the sounds of the confrontation had attracted no security. In the hall way, Pyre found slain bodies. It appeared as though they had fallen victim to their own weapons.

Shrugging it off, Pyre stood, then noticing Jade leaning against the door frame. Figuring a direct assault would yield little, Pyre elected to retreat back into the shadows.

A look of displeasure filled Jade’s face. “Please don’t go,” she called out with. “Please.” Her optics then widened. “That won’t work a second time,” she responded. To who or what isn’t clear, until we see Pyre’s frozen frame behind her. He had attempted to come from behind, but this time, unlike before, he was her focus.

“I’m Jadestone, nice to meet you, Pyre. You are Pyre, aren’t you? You must be. Red mentioned you. But I knew about you already. You see, I’m a big fan.”

Pyre feels there to be some unseen force pushing against him. He finds himself walking back into the room containing Icerunner.

“She must mean a lot to you,” the she of course being Ice. “Tell me, how does a girl like her get a guy like you?” Jade asks. Pyre however couldn’t respond even if he wanted to – Jade was preventing him from speaking.

Pyre, helpless in Jadestone's grip, is lifted a foot off of the ground. The telekinetic lifted herself up as well, looking at him with a sly smile.

"Why all this effort for her, Pyre? Can she really be so important to you?” Jade asked. “You were almost a god..."

She then shook her head. "Must admit, here I stand disappointed, having bested the only 'bot that could stand up to the Crisis beast.” She added, “so easily bested.”

She then crooked her fingers forward and Pyre's hands were forced up and towards Jadestone's svelte body. "I would make a much better choice than she would, Dark One. Perhaps together we could find some way to restore your powers..."

The dragon snarled, and pulled back, but was unable to stop his hands from inching towards the femme's body.

"Or perhaps I'll just use you to take it for myself. All that power. Mine..." She shivered, unable to stop herself.

"Yeah...well you know what?" Pyre rasped out, as his arms were bare inches away from her.

"What?" She whispered.

"You talk too much." The dragon said.

There was a loud snap-hiss, and Jadestone's next words were a surprised gurgle of pain. Her optics moved down to find the dragon's warp blades alive and active, and thanks to the positioning of his hands, halfway through her chest. The dragon dropped, staggering but maintaining his footing, while Jadestone merely collapsed.

It was in this moment Red elected to reveal his presence.

He de-cloaks from behind.

Pyre falls, having been cracked upside the head with a blunt object – a crowbar. Pyre couldn’t counter, couldn’t move. Jadestone. The beaver smiled as she watches, licking the fluid off her lips she had coughed up.

Red hisses as he beats on Pyre. The alternate Jungle was aiming for no particular section of the Dark One’s frame. He was just swinging, pounding.

This goes on for several minutes at least.

At times it is a struggle for him to raise his weapon up as it gets caught on/in parts of Pyre’s structure.

While in the process, Red lashes out with, "no energy blasts. No long range teleportation. No god-like powers. You should be crippled! Dead! DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!"

... flash back...

Jungle grew about two inches and his eyes widened almost to the point they were poking out of his head. Inserting the sound of a propeller plane crashing might be appropriate.

Jungle had just bore witness to Pyre and Ice kissing - he had obviously come into the room at the badest of times.

Jungle looked to Ice, then Pyre. His eyes focused on Pyre. A million thoughts raced through Jungle's mind. In his eyes a storm raged.

The panther's knives slid into his hands.

In response, Ice takes a step back.

... end flash back...

The air was still – unnaturally so. It hung thick like a blanket. Crouched in the shadows was a panther - Jungle. The immediate surroundings consisted of a larger then life statue of the legendary Autobot leader; Optimus Prime. At the base, the following words were etched; ‘Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings’. Though spoken millions of years ago, they remained to this day a guiding light.

Turning his head, the cat realizes that he is no longer alone as he catches the scent of another. A low growl emerged from his throat.

Alert.

Alert has an overall battle hardened demeanor. He comes across as a soldier who has been at the front too long. His face is usually - and in this instance is - void of all emotion. He entered into view in his wolf beast mode but transforms in conjunction with Jungle.

Who is Alert exactly? Alert is Stopper’s right hand man. Who is Stopper? Stopper is the Head of the MSP.

There are no pleasantries exchanged between the two.

Not that surprising.

Jungle and Alert did not much care for one another. That wasn’t always the case. Alert was personally responsible for a good deal of Jungle’s MSP training thus Jungle considered him a ‘big brother’/‘mentor’... things change.

Tired of waiting for Jungle to voice a response in regards to the data pad he had tossed to him, Alert elects to break the uncomfortable silence. He voice was flat, was cold.

“A tactical team has been shadowing your alternate. That is the location to and specifications of his lair.”

For a moment there after the statement sank in, Jungle stood quizzical. But that changed when he forms the following question, “why are you all so involved?”

Alert had half expected for Jungle to have had figured it out by now… but then again the ex-slug had been through quite the ordeal these past hours.

“Simply put, your alternate is the outcome of an MSP experimentation with temporal mechanics.”

That news brought Jungle’s eyes to but mere paper thin slits as what had happened to Icerunner, Sage and Quade is pushed to the forefront of his mind. He now stood poised to attack but Alert does not come across the least bit phased by the display - he did once stare down the Crisis beast.

The wolf goes on to say, “Stopper requested I inform you that it was not his personal intention for things to unfold as they did. Your alternate is rogue and-”

Having heard enough, Jungle vanishes from view.

He had what he needed.

Indifferent, Alert turns and walks back in the direction from which he came converting back to beast mode in the process. He had done what Stopper had asked of him.

... flash back...

Our setting is on CA3. Our attention is on that of a Predacon female. Given her superstructure, there is or rather should be no question as to why. We examine her from head to toe as she walks, viewing every angle of her frame. She is a transmetal 2 and is bonded with crocodile DNA. Sage she calls herself.

Sage walks with purpose.

As to what the purpose is?

We won’t be finding out.

The hallway is rocked with an explosion.

A large hole is now present in the wall. As the fates would have it, Sage was at ground zero, body now covered with rubble.

Alarms ring out.

But before the dust has time to settle, a group of Carbations emerge from the hole, carrying filled up sacks and various loose items – a supply raid. Stampeding over top of Sage, they never miss a beat, never look around, never look back.

She groans, coughing up fluid, unable to move.

What’s this? – a shadow now loams over her, a shadow that was not there a blink of an eye ago. The figure to which belongs the shadow begins lifting the heavier items off of the fallen Predacon. Taking her in his arms, we see the figure is in fact the Dark Warrior himself; Jungle.

Their eyes lock before stasis lock finds her.

... end flash back...

Jungle grunted – born from pain not exhaustion. A warm sensation tingled down his side – mech fluid, his – he was leaking badly. Unable to effectively counter, Red Jungle’s solid projectiles tore through him.

The only consolation lay in the Dark Warrior having pivoted his super structure enough to successfully avoid vital component damage. Although that would be a mute point if the hemorrhaging did not cease.

Red Jungle’s jump jets roared to life once more – an upgrade Jungle himself did not have – in an effort to repeat the same attack just dealt. While it is advisable to stick with something that works, going to the well too many times is not a good idea either.

Jungle watched with care as Red reached his maximum ascent – it was then Red would strike and thus when Jungle had to act – a margin for error simply did not exist.

As the Crazed Caviler unleashed his volley, the Dark Warrior planted a knife between Red’s chest mounted chain guns effectively jamming their rotation. Sparks initially flew, but more followed as Jungle launched his own volley from his own chest mounted chain guns.

With no where to go but down, Red landed hard – notably on his feet however proving the old adage to be true. To which Red gave the imaginary crowd watching a ‘thumbs up’.

Even in spite of that ‘showboating’, Red caught the knife from Jungle’s follow up strike. But not the fist. Red staggered several feet back but still had yet refused to go down. Briefly Jungle stood disgusted by that - but only briefly. Jungle unleashed the fury of his chest guns once more.

Laughing all the while, Red cart wheeled to safety, finding cover behind some metal crates. Red had moved with tremendous speed and precision so much so that on this exchange Jungle did not hit his mark.

Clutching his side, the Dark Warrior vanished from view via his cloak field. Having found cover, it was Red who at present held the tactical advantage.

Red cussed and groaned. No matter how hard he pulled that frigg’n knife would not come out. The Crazed Cavalier even went so far as to attempt to pry it out using one of his own knives.

Slipping on a puddle formed from his own mech fluid, Red landed face down which drove the blade further in. “Ouch,” Red stated to the only one listening; himself.

Sitting upright, Red banged both fists to the ground, shouting out to Jungle, “WHY AREN’T YOU CRIPPLED!?” Red had gone through great lengths to do just that – cripple him. The assault on Ice, the assault on Quade, turning Sage against him – all executed for one purpose and one purpose only; to break his alternate down.

“WHY AREN’T YOU BROKEN!?” He adds upon that thought registering. Spitting up some fluid, Red sprung back to his feet. On a side note, he was enjoying the light headed feeling caused by fluid loss – he felt ‘high’.

Strolling out from his position, Red carefully scanned for Jungle. Jungle had yet to come to him so to be frank; he was becoming quite bored – going up against your arch nemesis should be anything but.

“HERE KITTY, KITTY!”

Yet as before, no answer finds his statements. Yet as before, Red no care. Bending down, RJ rubs some of Jungle’s fluid between his fingers and then proceeds to taste it. An ever slight moan ensues from his vocal processor. Looking on, Red observes a trail of fluid. Half smile forming, Red follows it as he whistled.

It never occurs to RJ that this could be a trap.

Red did in fact use a similar ploy previously to dupe Jungle and Pyre.

Mores the pity.

CLICK
CLICK
CLICK

Okay, not quite.

Apparently JJ had already depleted his ammunition stock, effectively sending his clever rouse up into smoke. Spinning around, Red shoots Jungle an ear to ear grin upon realizing the very same thing. Twirling the knives he now held in hand, Red charges Jungle with an added burst from his jump jets.

The counterparts lockup, exchanging slash for slash. Given the failure of either to land a blow, it seems they were evenly matched in this contest. The pace of the duel was intense and the variety of the counters and strikes used was wide.

This portion goes on for several minutes.

Red takes note of his alternate’s chest guns spinning to life, but thinks nothing of it as it was already demonstrated their chambers were empty.

Demonstrated? Yes.

Red takes a knee as several rounds impact at point blank range. He’d been had. In desperate need of relief, RJ puts his back to Jungle in order to scatter the damage. Fortunately or unfortunately – depends upon your viewpoint - Red still had a trick or two left up his sleeve.

In fact, he almost smiles as he falls face forward…

…reason for that being the cylinder shaped object he lobs over his shoulder.

KA-BOOM

Jungle laid on the ground quite literally next to Red with frame covered in burns – more so then before. A foul odor filled the air from his organic sections charring – much to Red’s delight who laughed manically.

Both struggled to stand.

“I love the way Icerunner tastes.”

“What?” Jungle responds with anger to Red’s off the collar comment.

That comment had gotten to Jungle. Red could tell his counterpart was genuinely annoyed. All that work, all that planning and all he really had to do to get to Jungle was simply say stuff about Ice – to that, Red chuckled out loud.

“Speaking of Ice...”

Red motions upward. A good twenty feet up, a compartment opened in the ceiling in which Ice lowered down into view from. Unconscious, she hung suspended by chains.

With the distraction in play, Red plants a knife to Jungle’s throat.

Slag, Jungle inwardly cursed in regards to the sudden occurrences. His mind raced to find options. Jungle knew Red was just as quick as he. Options..?

“I thought of everything. Everyone you care about is dead or dying,” stated Red who sounded absolutely ‘mad’ – more so then usual that is. “It came down to you and me as I knew it would and for you, it’s over.”

Satisfied with the outcome, Red Jungle made ready to end it here and now...

... savoring every single second...

... a voice is heard, but before the words even sink in, Red feels himself being 'tossed'. The stated words had been: ‘This time you die.’

Pyre - both Jungles register.

Pyre stood with one warp blade crackling on top of his right wrist. The dragon’s left hand still remained battered and broken from his vicious beating at the hand of Red Jungle.

Raising the blade, he brought it down towards the alternate's head. But by tucking his body into a backwards roll, Red manages to evade the attack. Pyre’s presence had brought about a momentary amount of renewed strength for the Crazed Cavalier.

That is until it sinks in, “didn’t I kill you already? I mean come on now Darky-”

RJ is cut off by Pyre taking another swing at his head.

Right about now, Red was pissed.

“GO AWAY! I DIDN’T PLAN FOR YOU TO BE HERE!”

Red staggers into a support beam upon taking a knife to the knee. Initially blaming Pyre and thus shooting him a glare, the Crazed Caviler abruptly realized the weapon was the type Jungle used.

Damn.

In his fit of rage, he failed to notice Jungle struggle to his feet.

Now having things sorted out Red starts about the process needed to return the favor when Pyre slices off the hand he was intending on using.

Obviously Red was incapable of focusing on both warriors at the same time.

“HEY!” Red responds sounding more annoyed then anything else as he held his dismembered arm.

Pyre and Jungle now stood shoulder to shoulder.

Exchanging a quick glance they collectively punch Red in the face.

End result: lights out.

The panther locks eyes with the dragon.

"Took you long enough to get here, Deadman."
"Can it, Bright Eyes."

The hostility present between them at the beginning was noticeably not here now.

"Go to her," Jungle states to Pyre as he looks up toward Ice.

"You're in better shape." Pyre answered, leaning heavily on the wall. "She'll probably want to see a face that isn't out of her nightmares," Pyre adds.

Putting Pyre's arm over his head, Jungle and Pyre walk together towards her.

Epilogue One:

A deathly darkness surrounds us. A faint ceiling light reveals the outline of a long desk with a heavyset ‘bot seated behind. A ‘bot flanks him, having the features of a wolf – Alert.

“My expectations were exceeded today.” Spoke the heavy set figure.

Alert nods, replying, “as were mine, Stopper. Jungle’s alternate went toe to toe with him and if not for Pyre…”

“Indeed. I am going to go ahead and call phase one a total success,” Stopper added.

“A team is bringing the alternate Jungle back in as we speak.”

“Excellent. Let us move on with phase two, then.”

“You have selected a subject?” Alert asked.

A faint indication of a smile appeared on Stopper’s face. “Pyre.”

Epilogue Two:

Icerunner paces back and forth. The scene is her apartment. All and all it’s quite the upgrade from Jungle’s. There’s even carpeting and furniture. Seated at a table are Quade and Sage. All three are in much better condition then when we last saw them – their wounds are all but healed. As the snow leopard’s pacing takes her out of view, Sage takes a few quick bites of food.

“They should be here by now,” Ice states, half to herself.

“Relax Ice, they’ll be here soon,” Quade retorts.

Cutting to Jungle and Pyre, they are at Jungle’s place in his work out area.

“We are both so dead,” Pyre states.

Jungle smirks. “Relax, she’ll understand.” She being Ice.

“That I doubt,” responds Pyre.
“It was your idea,” added Jungle.

“True. Last time we faced I woke up in a cr-chamber. I intend to finally shut you up about it,” Pyre replied.

After Jungle discovered Pyre and Ice’s involvement with one and other, he and Pyre had a ‘scuffle’. Having just lost his powers, Pyre wasn’t fully aware of his mortal limitations – he hadn’t even taken them into account. Thus in an odd twist, Jungle put him away.

“We’ll see,” retorts Jungle.

Assuming battle stances, they attack one another…

… fin.

Last edited by Jungle on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Old Stories
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

Part 2: Contention

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/gargoyles/around/fiction.html

The Dark Warrior staggered. Pain ran deep in his chest. What was to become of him? The wall catches the Maximal, halting his impending fall. Jungle grunts from feeling the pain in his shoulder caused by the impact against the steel plating of the wall. His back was now planted firmly against it. The support it lent being the soul source of Jungle’s ability to remain upright.

What was happening?

Eyeing fluid running down his leg, his dark blue optics focus in on a wound present now in his abdomen.

He had been shot.

The Dark Warrior clutches tight to the wound but the fluid drain is not hindered. “Slag,” he manages before the figurative curtain closes to finish this act.

The Maximal’s knees buckle and then... and then... and then...

Darkness.

It is darker then night. Of course it could be day; it’s just too dark to tell. Two specs of faint blue light appear serving as our soul source of illumination. A closer look reveals them to be the glow from a pair of eyes. The faint outline it unmasks reveals their owner; Jungle.

The Dark Warrior is seated but given the restraints, it’s likely not of his choice. Of note, the wound previously noted is not there. Thus at least enough time has past for it to have healed. If a cr-chamber was used then a day. Two at the most. In the absence of a cr-chamber, then a week can be tacked on. Though, it is impossible to tell how long the wound has been healed, thus far longer could have past.

Time passes. There are no points of reference to say how much. We have only Jungle to look at and he isn’t much help. At times the color of his eyes intensifies, perhaps due to memories surfacing, likely unpleasant ones. At other times his eyes fade to almost nothingness. That is perhaps due to sad memories or maybe caused by the reality of the situation.

Then something new happens. The cat’s eyes widen. Why? Upon turning, that becomes obvious. A thin line of light appears in the near distance.

A door.

A door is opening.

The light now ensuing from the opening is damn near blinding. Jungle turns from it as much as his restraints will allow which isn’t much. A figure emerges from the light, rushing toward Jungle. Like Jungle, he is a Cybertronian but lacks the features of a secondary mode or beast form.

Another of the same superstructure type flanks the first. Only, he is holding a data pad of sorts and with a few quick key strokes, Jungle’s restraints become unbuckled.

The Dark Warrior tries to speak but is unable as his throat is dry. He is unable to speak from not having spoken for so long. His ears register an alarm in the background.

The first to enter grabs Jungle and carries him out of the room via the firemen’s carry. Jungle found he was in no position to struggle as his limbs were limp and stiff from nonuse. He was utterly helpless. That inwardly terrified him.

Jungle’s sense of focus leaves him.

When it finally comes back to him, he finds himself to be staggering next to the ‘bot who was previously carrying him. Ahead of them was a spacecraft. The sounds of shots being fired rung out in many directions.

“Freeze,” someone exclaims.

Turning, Jungle and the other find the source to be a Cybertronian with a gun pointed in their direction.

Purely on instinct, Jungle complies with the command. There was way too much confusion and Jungle’s mind was way too clouded for the presence of rational thought. It came down to; if you can’t trust your instincts, what can you trust?

Jungle’s apparent partner in crime on the other hand takes aim and fires at the guard.

Purely on instinct, Jungle throws himself into the projectile’s path.

If you can’t trust your instincts, what can you trust?

Darkness.

“Repair cycle completed,” we hear a computer voice state. We are with Jungle now, inside a cr-chamber and are again blinded with Jungle by protruding light when the chamber’s door opens.

“Hey Big Cat,” are words we hear, which happen to be immersed in a cheerful tone.

A look of shock or rather disbelief on Jungle’s face is replaced by a slight smile. When concerning Jungle that is as close to showing ‘happiness’ as he ever gets.

“Ice,” Jungle retorts.

The pair embrace. Ice or Icerunner is a female Maximal, bonded with snow leopard DNA. Her fiery optics burned of copper. The panther had a couple years on her and a couple inches. In contrast to Jungle’s predominantly black frame, hers was white or rather, silver.

“You know how much time has gone by, JJ?” Ice asks.

In response, Jungle shakes his head back and forth. With Ice, he didn’t play games.

“One year.” Is the answer Ice provides to her own question.

Jungle lets a look of disbelief show but he could tell from Ice’s mannerisms that she wasn’t joshing him. One year? Damn. His best guess was way off on that mark.

“A lot’s happened Big Cat…”
... flash back...

“Help me,” a woman cries out. She is in the telekinetic grip of the lovely Ms. Jadestone. Jade’s faction of choice? Predacon. Beastmode? Beaver. Superstructure type? TM2.

Both are suspended in the air, several feet off the ground. The Dark Queen forces her captive to touch her. Notably the captive is struggling for breath; a further result of Jade’s influence.

Jade lets out a moan.

“Don’t stop struggling,” Jade commands, voice almost a whisper. “Please don’t stop,” Jade continues with.

Using her natural sense of women’s intuition as a guide, Jadestone cocks her head in time to notice the Dark Warrior’s appearance as he deactivated his cloak field.

In the same sequence, Jungle throws a knife in her direction however Jade is not thrown off guard as much as Jungle would of liked.

Jade is able to block the knife by propelling her captive in front of it.

What was intended to be a kill shot for Jadestone, turned out to be a kill shot for the victim. In this case, the saying; no good deed goes unpunished holds water.

Winking, Jade takes to the air just as the police arrive, who also happened to hear the woman’s screams.

Seeing Jungle standing over the body with his other knife in hand, the rookie’s first instinct is to discharge.

... end flash back...

“... those men at the prison belong to a group called, Atheist."

“Never heard of ‘um,” responds Jungle to Ice.

“I’m hardly shocked Big Cat, they’ve only been around the last few months.”

“Oh.”

Ice smiles ear to ear, appreciating Jungle’s dry comment. However she quickly gets serious once more. “They claimed responsibility for the bombing of the High Council Chamber three months ago and since then, they have been heavily recruiting.”

“Nice to know I wasn’t forgotten about,” states the Dark Warrior.

Ice frowns looking to the ground. “They wouldn’t allow visitors-”

Jungle interrupts. “I didn’t mean it like that, Little Cat. Solitary confinement is solitary confinement. Speaking of which...”

Ice embraces him.

“That’s kind of why I’m here, JJ. I was asked to speak on the government’s behalf.”

“What? They look’n to use me as bait in exchange my sentence being knocked off or something like that?”

Ice nods.

“Tell ’um no thanks, darl’n.”

“I told them that’s what you would say,” Ice responded.

“But you used the chance to see me anyway.”

Ice smirks, adding, “we know each other too well, Big Cat.”

Jungle returns her previous embrace.

Darkness.
Silence.

The noise of an explosion interrupts the ambience, shaking our viewing window. A pair of blue light specs appear.

What then happens? Nothing, the disturbance has ceased.

Jungle feels the vessel set down. He allows his body to finally relax. Sweat had rolled down Jungle’s brow from the anxiety caused by the uncertainty of things. But he had at last arrived at his new home. Light shines into the room upon his cell door opening.

But there is a problem; Jungle could tell that those entering weren’t Maximal Alliance guards. Apparently something note worthy had happened back there, after all. Obviously, where ever he now was, wasn’t where he was supposed to be.

The Dark Warrior can’t struggle. How could he? They wore faction emblems that were neither Autobot or Decepticon, Maximal or Predacon. Rather something else. It was the same emblem worn by the cat’s prior ‘liberators’. They elect to unbolt the chair he is seated in rather then release his binds. Likely due to the outcome of the previous attempt.

Jungle is carried off the ship and taken through several passageways. From his surroundings he deduces that he is not on a capital ship. Rather inside a planetary body, most likely an asteroid.

“Leave us,” commanded an individual who was awaiting Jungle’s arrival in the room he is set down in. “Welcome, Dark Warrior,” the modeless Cybertronian continues with.

Jungle does not give him any visible indication of a response. Though, the other doesn’t seem too upset.

“I hope you’ll forgive my poor hospitality Jungle, but you did not exactly cooperate last time.”

Jungle lets out a slight smirk.

“I represent a political faction called Atheist.”

“Atheist, huh? What kind of name is that? Ya’ll against religion or something?” Jungle asked.

Jungle’s tone was stone cold. Not at all the tone he used prior with Ice.

“The excepted religion, yes,” the figure responded.

Jungle was being a smart ass, nothing further, but it seemed that he had actually struck a nerve. “Don’t tell me. Slagg’n Unicron worshipers?”

The other nods. “But that’s not a relevant issue.”

“Depends on your definition of the word, I suppose,” Jungle commented.

The other laughs. “I suppose. My definition is that we both have something in common. Everyone here does.”

Jungle does not give him any visible response.

“The established government has wronged us all. You-”

“You don’t know anything about me.”

“I know you spent the last year confined in jail.”

“Do the crime, do the time,” Jungle retorted.

“But you didn't actually commit the crime did you? You were punished because they don't understand you.”

Jungle’s eyes narrow to but paper thin slits, how could he know that..?

There was something... something...

The sound of someone clearing their throat is heard. The other in the room with Jungle turns toward the sound in time to be greeted by a fist.

He falls.

“I’m getting tired of always saving your ass, Bright Eyes,” states the new comer.

“Pyre,” retorts Jungle. “Who invited you?”

“Icerunner.”

Jungle mumbles a few words that can’t be made out. The cat realizes he was in fact a pawn after all. Bait. The Maximal Alliance was either tracking the ship Jungle was in or Jungle directly he deduces. He made a mental note to have his frame searched by a third party later. Sounds of a firefight are heard ensuing.

“That would be the cavalry,” Pyre commented as his warp blades extended from his wrists.

Pyre was a Cybertronian, bonded with dragon DNA. He came across as more ‘organic looking’ then Jungle or Ice, for that matter. If Jungle were standing now, Pyre would be a head taller. The dragon’s eyes glowed red. He maintained his dragon tail in robot mode as well as three pair of wings which were at present capped around his superstructure.

“Coming?” The Dark One adds as he begins to walk out of the room. Jungle wasn’t in the least amused as his restraints still held firm, something Pyre was obviously aware of.

The same pair who carried Jungle into the room to begin with, now rush back into it. Sidearms to bare, they fire, deciding the situation warranted shooting first. Pyre however is able to deflect the projectiles with his warp blades.

Pyre is then swallowed by the shadows present in the room but soon re-emerges behind the attackers and impales them.

Down they go.

Pyre had the ability to manipulate shadows to allow for short range teleportation. That’s how he gained entry into the room in the first place, in case you were wondering.

We view now a vessel in orbit of an asteroid. It has Maximal markings. It is in fact the ‘Avatar’. A capital ship and flag ship of the Maximal fleet. In a simplified description, it is the Maximal Alliance’s battlestar equivalent.

Cutting to the command center, we find Jungle to be present only free of his restraints. Pyre is also present, though off to the side and standing immersed in shadows. Icerunner is there too as is Quade.

Quade is commander of the Avatar and is a beast warrior as well, bonded with brown bear DNA. The basic built of his superstructure is similar to that of Rhinox from Beast Wars.

“Unfortunately, the majority of Atheist was able to escape,” we hear Quade say.

“Serves ya’ll right,” says Jungle whom has his back to the group.

Ice lets a smirk out. Quade on the other hand frowns.

“They didn’t have time to wipe their hard drives. I’ll get to mining them,” states Ice.

“Good,” responds Quade. Quade’s voice was more ‘seasoned’ then the others present. “Jungle, because of your ‘assistance’,” we hear Jungle growl, “you’ve been pardoned.”

“Thanks. I’ll be going then,” stated Jungle.

“You’re free to go Jungle. Once we get back to Cybertron,” retored Quade.

“Whatever,” Jungle replied.

We find Jungle and Pyre to be in the midst of a sparring match.

They exchange a pretty steady series of blows. Their bout carries with it a steady rhythm as the two know each other quite well.

Pyre comes down at Jungle from the air. Jungle in turn back flips to avoid Pyre’s strike and to also create distance. The Dark Warrior shoots the Dark One a nod who returns it in kind.

“Copping at being mortal well, I see,” Jungle spoke up with.

Pyre smirks. “Being immortal was never a prereq to kick your ass, Bright Eyes.”

“For some folks maybe. Not you.”

Light hearted words in a light hearted conversation.

The sound of the door opening can be heard. Both turn to see who had elected to join them. It is a human female with green hair and green eyes who pays no mind to either - Jennifer Scott. She is aware of being the object of their combined attention but doesn’t let it show she cares. If she in fact does, that is.

A feeling of awkwardness filled the air at present.

“How’s the wife?” Jennifer asks, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

“Heading to find out,” retorts Pyre who steps into a shadow to make his exit.

Jungle shrugged, secretly finding it all, ‘amusing’.

Icerunner at present is multi tasking. The snow leopard is both examining code on a computer monitor and talking with Quade.

“So, what’s up?” Ice asks.

“I’m not following,” Quade responds.

“Yeah right, Quade. You’re just hanging over my shoulder for the sake of it? It’s Jungle isn’t it?”

Quade nods. “It’s been two years since I’ve seen him. I have no idea what to say. We’re so different him and I.”

“You’re brothers.”

“Brothers, who have never really been there for each other.”

“If you want to change that pattern General, then just be there for him now.”

“Am I interrupting?” We hear a voice state.

Both turn at Pyre’s arrival.

“Not at all,” Ice says as her and Pyre share a kiss.

Jennifer tilts her head enough to avoid Jungle’s punch.

She then turns into him, such that her back is against his chest. Then by grabbing his still extended arm from that punch he threw, she succeeds in flipping him.

Jungle meanwhile takes hold of her wrist and yanks down, managing to take her down with him. End result? She lands on top of him.

“What?” Jennifer asks.
“What?” Jungle asks.
“Let go.”
“Sorry.”

Both get back to their feet.

“How’d they drag you into this anyway, Scott?”

“None of your concern, that’s how,” is Jennifer’s response as she brushes passed him.

“Missed you at the wedding,” Jungle adds as she exits.

“Slag off cat,” we hear Jennifer say.

A slight smile forms on Jungle’s face. He seemed to enjoy having touched a nerve.

In the passageway, Jennifer brushes passed Quade. Quade starts to say something but decides it would be better if he didn’t. ‘Women,’ he thinks.

He soon comes to the gym. Jungle is now working out solo. The cat was determined to get the ‘kinks out’. An awkward moment comes to be when Jungle finally sights Quade.

“Need a hand?” Quade finally asks, knowing he had to say something or just retreat out of the room all together.

Jungle for his part shrugs. “You can hold the bag if you want.”

Quade nods and grips the heavy bag in order to steady it while Jungle strikes it using a variety of kicks and punches. A year of inactivity had taken its toll. Jungle wasn’t feeling anywhere near himself, a feeling he hated.

“I talked to Cyan just recently. She’s doing well. She misses you, I could tell.”

“She’s on my list of people to catch back up with,” replies Jungle. From a technical stand point, Cyan was the cat’s daughter.

“I heard about Sage. I’m sorry, Jungle.”

“There is nothing to be sorry about Quade. She told me up front that she wasn’t going to wait. I appreciate the honesty. A rare quality in women.”

Quade doesn’t laugh at Jungle’s attempt at humor. He never quite ‘got’ Jungle’s very dry humor. He wouldn’t be the only one.

“I would have came to visit you, but-”

“I know, Quade,” Jungle cuts the General off with. “You’ll have to excuse me.” Having said that, Jungle activates his cloak field, vanishing from view.

Jungle often chose to run, rather then confront certain things. He appreciated Quade’s efforts to reach out but that is something he would never admit to him.

Jungle unintentionally meets back up with Jennifer Scott in the mess. Having had eyed that the human had what he needed; alcohol, he makes his way over to her. Alcohol was not a standard item found in the ship’s hold. At least in the case of military ships, that is.

Jungle sits at her table without asking first. He knew what the answer would be if he had; ‘no.’

Jennifer pushes a bottle in Jungle’s direction upon his arrival. The pain of being deprived of a drink was beginning to show in the cat’s eyes. Admittedly, Jennifer’s jester surprised him. Even in the best of times, Jennifer and Jungle never had all that much to do with each other. No real reason. Just fact.

“Ice and Pyre. Who would of thought?” Jen asks. Well, it was more of a statement then a question.

Jungle was beginning to understand the nature of Jennifer’s kindness. Her and Pyre were one time lovers. Well perhaps, on and off again, lovers would be more accurate. The union between Ice and Pyre was obviously not sitting well with her and in Jungle she saw a potentially kindred spirit in that sense.

Clutching his prize, Jungle decided it was to his benefit to play along.

“It’s a bet I would of lost, Scott,” is Jungle’s response.

The two actually end up talking for some time. The conversation moves from the topic of Ice and Pyre, to adventures they’ve shared, to back to Ice and Pyre.

In regards to the matter of ‘Ice and Pyre,’ from the cat’s stand point, there really wasn’t any ‘issue.’ Jungle had his initial reservations about the relationship, granted, but upon seeing that Pyre truly cared for Ice, he accepted it for Ice’s sake.

Jungle and Ice were never romantically involved. Many would view their friendship as, ‘complex,’ true. But Jungle always considered Ice to be his ‘little sister.’ Nothing more. Jungle however, chose his words carefully as to not anger/annoy/bother Jennifer given how she was being his benefactor.

Both Jennifer and Jungle exchange quizzical looks upon hearing the sound of an explosion. Alarms ring out. Instructions are given over the ship’s intercom system for all crewmembers to man 'action stations'.

Quade is seen in the process of being rushed to the medlab. His body is covered in burn marks and he was leaking fluid from various sections of his body.

“What happened?” A question Jungle directs to Ice.

They were in an observation room which had a view of the preparations the medical team was taking to prepare Quade for cr-chamber treatment. Pyre and Jennifer Scott were present as well.

Ice responded, “the data I was decrypting was jack knifed. If Quade hadn’t shielded me from the explosion...”

Jungle lets out a growl. It was directed at everyone. It was directed at no one. Taking a few pop shots at the room’s viewing window, Jungle actually manages a few cracks in it. Transforming into his panther beast form he storms out, cloaking in the process.

Pyre moves to comfort Ice.

Jennifer follows Jungle’s lead.

A direct result of Pyre’s actions?

Hard to say.

“Hey Big Cat,” Ice says. She seems to know he is there without even turning.

She was at present seeing what was salvageable from the lab. Deactivating his cloak field, the cat comes into view behind Ice. Both had their back to the other.

“For the record Ice, ‘it’ wasn’t directed at you,” states Jungle.

“I know. Never crossed my mind in fact.” A moment of silence passes between the two. “What now, JJ?”

“Now, Atheist gets a bruising.”

Dust is blowing in all directions. There are no structures in sight. The only thing visible is dust and more dust. Looking around, we spot three figures in the near distance. Upon closer inspection, they are Jungle, Pyre and Jennifer Scott. Jungle and Pyre are both in beast form as the conditions make such a conversion ideal. Jennifer is without the luxury.

“Am I the only one that can’t tell where we’re going?” Jennifer asks.

In response, her and Jungle share a smile. They had halfway bonded – at the expense of Pyre.

Pyre picks up on that ‘moment’ between the two but isn’t quite sure how to react. He and Jennifer were one time lovers or perhaps on and off again lovers would be a better description.

“How are we doing, Ice?” Pyre asks seemingly into thin air. But in fact there is a comm. link open between them and the Avatar.

“You’re right on target,” we hear Ice respond with. “The settlement is another mile away.”

The data recovery was not a complete loss. What was recovered was the location of a secondary Atheist facility on this planet. The telemetry of the fleeing vessels from the Atheist asteroid base made this place a possible destination for some of them.

To avoid detection, the Avatar was a safe distance away. The trio had arrived in a small transport vessel, the hope being that it would avoid attention. The conditions of the planet made it hard to determine what exactly was down there. That same principle works to the strike team’s advantage in this present case.

The settlement was a hodge-podge assortment of buildings assembled by no two like pieces. There was nothing outwardly menacing about it, assuming it was menacing at all. But it probably was. The cliental this place attracted were drifters, rogues and pirates. It was the type of place where no one trusted anyone.

“Take care of yourself. Jungle too,” Ice communicates solely to Pyre.

Alone, Jennifer approaches the check in station. She had arrived just after another group.

“What are you?” The alien asks.
“Human,” Jennifer retorts.
“Never heard of your kind.”
“Now you have.”
“What’s your business here?”
“What the hell do you think?”

The alien laughs and waves her forward, helping himself to a view of her rear as she passes. Being well aware of that, Jen simply rolls her eyes. Then stops. Then turns around and grabs the alien by his throat.

“Get a good look?” She asks while her hand crackled with energy.

The alien nods.

Her eyes narrow a bit but she does release her grip. She shoves him back hard enough that his chair flips over. After dusting her hands off, she is on her way.

A battle worn Cybertronian is in a storage room. He is essentially, ‘laying low.’ Present on his chest is the Atheist emblem. He looks over his shoulder a couple of times. He couldn’t help but feel that he was somehow being watched. He stands and walks around for a bit. Reaching for his sidearm from his subspace compartment, he turns around but no one is there. Breathing a sigh of relief he turns back around.

There stands Pyre.

An expression that reads, ‘slag,’ forms on his face.

He raises his weapon, only to have his entire hand sliced off. Taking hold of his shoulders, Pyre lifts him off the ground as the Dark One stood two heads taller. A quick head-butt finishes it.

“I’ve located my target. Hopefully this guy really is someone. From the lack of fight I’m wondering.”

“I’m comparing the visual you’re sending me with what I decrypted,” we hear Ice say. “You got him.”

“I assume the same goes for the others?”

“I was about to ask you that. Jungle and Jennifer haven’t reported in.”

Pyre’s luck was better then Jennifer’s.

She at present was caught in Jadestone’s clutches.

Jen was forced to hang in the air while Ms. Jadestone circled around, ‘checking her out.’

Notably Jadestone's Predicon system had been replaced with an Atheist one.

Scott was of course finding the act of breathing to be quite difficult in accordance with Jade’s typical MO.

A twisted smile formed on Jade’s face while her hands squeezed Jen’s chest.

Jade moaned as she forced Jen to touch her.

“I fail to see why Pyre left you for her,” we hear Jade say, voice at a whisper.

Jen was furious, but the strain for breath made it hard to focus. Her attempt to struggle was in vein.

Jade smiles cheek to cheek upon spotting Jungle.

The cat stood against the wall with arms crossed. There was no point in being sneaky when it came to Jade, Jungle had learned.

“Didn’t expect to find you here, darl’n. Not that I’m disappointed,” Jungle says.

Licking her lips, Jade drops Jen, to focus more fully on Jungle.

Mistake.

Touching down, Jennifer converts into her energy state, venting her anger through the discharge of an energy beam. Jade cries out as she is knocked toward Jungle.

The cat’s chest mounted chain guns come to life, blasting at Jade with all their fury. Their force knocks the Predacon back toward Jen.

Jen sidesteps to avoid the impact, then blasts Jade with another energy beam. End result? Jade is smacked through a wall.

Down and out.

Alarms ring out as the bout was anything but quiet. So much for zero detection protocol. At the moment, Jungle could care less. Likely, the same goes for Jen.

... flash back...

Winking, Jade takes to the air just as the police arrive, who also happened to hear the woman’s screams.

... end flashback...

Jungle grabs Jade who is still unconscious. He hits her several times in the face.

“Cat, we have to get the slag out of here,” exclaims Jennifer who is now back in her human form. She finally resorts to just pulling Jungle off. “Come on,” she commands.

They had literally stirred up a beehive. However the personal are more concerned with getting the hell out then fighting. A logical choice. Those who Jungle and Jennifer do come across are mowed down by Jungle’s chest guns or blasted by Jen’s energy attacks. Usually the fleeing of a base is accompanied by a large explosion.

The same holds true here.

Now viewing the settlement as a whole, we see a portion of it go up in flames.

Jennifer and Jungle are spotted limping back toward their transport together. Their bodies are covered in burns. Jen’s clothing is torn. They are helping each other walk, in fact. Almost holding the other up.

Pyre is waiting for them back at the transport.

He frowns from behind his battle mask at their sight.

“You didn’t accomplish your objectives did you?” Questioned Pyre.

“Shove it,” Jungle and Jennifer respond together.

They arrive back at the Avatar without incident. The mission was hardly a success, but not a complete failure either.

“Ouch,” shouts Jungle.

“It wouldn’t hurt so much if you would just hold still,” Ice retorts who was at work patching Jungle up. His wounds fortunately were not all together serious. A few sparks from Ice’s torch strike Jungle’s face.

“Hey!”
“Serves you right,” Ice retorted.

Both smile. That is till Ice slaps him.

“What the slag, woman?”
“That’s for what you did down there.”
“I already apologized for that.”

We hear Jungle scream again from Ice’s ‘repair’ work.

Jungle and Jennifer cross paths in a hallway. Both pause upon spotting the other.

For a moment they just stand there.

That is till Jen kisses Jungle.

A kiss they share.

Then she’s on her way. Jungle didn’t exactly mind what had just happened, mind you. But he was left to wonder, ‘what that was all about?’ As she headed off.

Ice’s voice is heard over the comm.

“Just thought you should know JJ, that Quade’s awake.”

“Congratulations,” Jen states to Pyre, who is awoken from his meditation by the comment.

“On what?” Pyre asks.

“Your marriage. I never said congratulations.” Jen was sincere in her remarks. “I’m glad you finally found happiness. No question you deserve it.”

“Thanks Jennifer, I-”
“Save it, Dark One.”

With that she walks off.

Quade rubs his neck. The cr-chamber had left him feeling quite stiff. He really hated those things. But unfortunately they were a necessary evil. Quade arcs his arms back, succeeding in cracking his back. He felt much better then. Turning, he spots Jungle present in the doorway.

Fin.

Last edited by Jungle on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Part 3: You Can Go Home Again

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/gargoyles/home/fiction.html

“We are Alpha,”
“And Omega,”
“The beginning,”
“Of your end.”

Jennifer and Jungle exchanged glances in reaction. The two ‘bots before them had no features of any secondary or beast form, however their superstructure look came across as TM in nature. They were rather plain looking. Only visible feature on their respective faces were their eyes. No mouths, no nothing. The one dubbed, ‘Alpha,’ was predominantly blue. The other dubbed, ‘Omega,’ was predominantly red. Beyond the different taste in colors, they were identical. The fact that they seemed to finish each other’s sentences made one wonder, just ‘how’ identical they in fact were – how far that extended.

The setting was that of a tavern. It was dirty. It was ancient. The mix of aliens that once crammed the scene had dispersed. Alpha and Omega projected certain, ‘coldness.’ Jennifer and Jungle both eye the visible Atheist emblems across the chests of Alpha and Omega. That alone gave our protagonists all the information they really needed.

An invisible force comes to be that knocks the J’s back and into each other. Going by Alpha’s and Omega’s mannerisms, they were the likely cause of the phenomena...

Prior to all this...

“You know, you could have just come down and said ‘hi’,” stated Cyan as she wiped the sweat from her brow.

She had just finished sparing. Competition? Local boys. She stood almost a head taller then the cat. She was a TM, bonded with saber tooth rabbit DNA. She came across as innocent and cute. Like Jungle, she belonged to the Maximal faction – at least in theory, that is.

“Where would the fun of been in that, Trix?” Jungle retorted as he came into better view by stepping out of the shadow.

The saber tooth rabbit had caught a glimpse of the Dark Warrior during her exercises in spite of his best efforts. But she had elected to humor him and continued about her business, pretending to be none the wiser. She never quite ‘got’ all this ‘brooding’ Jungle seemed to like to do.

The wind blew by. The pair rested atop the building. Prime City glistened around them.

“It’s good to see you,” Cyan spoke up with.

Jungle simply nodded in response. He stood stiff. The cat was never quite sure how to act/react to Cyan. She was his daughter. But was fathered by one of his alternates. So in reality, that made him more like an ‘uncle.’

The rabbit, for her part, was never quite sure how to act/react to Jungle. She secretly always felt, ‘nervous’ around the Dark Warrior, but hid it well. Better then Jungle hid his nervousness around her.

Shortly there after:

The balls scattered across the table. Cyan had made a clean break. Jungle cocked his head slightly toward one side; a silent applause. Two solid balls found respective holes. Their surroundings had changed to a billiard hall.

“So, did you just bust out, or what?” asked Cyan - well, more or less, commented - referring to the cat’s jail time and how he should still be in there.

“Would I do a thing like that?”
Cyan shrugged.
Jungle smirked.

“It’s on account of good behavior. Ever hear of, Atheist?” Jungle asked.

Jungle summarizes his adventure, leaving out the minor details or rather things he considered to be none of her business. The more ‘personal occurrences,’ that is.

Meanwhile:

Darkness largely surrounds us. The cr-tank before us drains, revealing Jadestone’s lovely frame. Her physical condition had much improved since we last saw her on that dustbowl of a planet.

A hand reaches down. She takes it. The look in her eyes reads, ‘pleasure,’ caused by the sight of the one before her.

The look remains even after she is punched in the lip. Fluid trickles down from the cut, which she licks, with a smile.

Turning to face the direction Jade faces, we find the identity of the other to be that of; Red Jungle.

Red Jungle of course being that crazed alternate who was brought to this universe by the Maximal Secret Police (MSP), bent on killing everyone our Jungle carried about (see: Heart). Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your stance, things didn’t quite work out for Red.

At present the Crazed Caviler is finding it hard to breathe – a result of Jade’s telekinetic hold.

He smacks Jade across the face who moans from the act. He slaps her again and again and her moans of pleasure continue to intensify. Red struggles to breathe all the while. Notably, that was something that he seemed to be enjoying.

Jade rubs her body up against his.

“There is no end to your brilliance,” stated Jade whose voice was practically a whisper. “Having me set up your alternate so that he would have to spend all that time confined. All that time alone-”

Red slaps her. Much harder then the ones previous. “He didn’t break enough.”

“He will,” replied Jade as she touched the Atheist symbol on Red's chest.

And, back to where we were:

A moment of silence passes while Cyan takes in everything the Dark Warrior had just told to her. It was quite a lot. Of course, Cyan knew that it would of taken a lot for Jungle to be willing now to be being so ‘open’ with her. This was probably the longest conversation that the two have ever had since Jungle found out the truth about her heritage, that is.

“What luck you have.”
“I’m truly blessed,” Jungle dryly retorted.

Cyan smirked, taking the time to appreciate Jungle’s humor. Like with Icerunner, she understood it. Be it rare as it was. That was due to the certain insight she had into his soul. Being an offspring of a Jungle, meant she carried with her a piece of the Jungle spark.

A random guy encroaches upon the rabbit’s personal space. Before he can manage his well practiced pick up line, she smacks him in the stomach with the queue stick, then nails him in the face with it, all without turning around, mind you. She continues in her conversation as if the interruption never occurred. Jungle opens his mouth part way but closes it, declining to comment.

“What?” Cyan asks.
“What?” Jungle asks.

The cat takes his turn. He hit his mark as a stripped ball is sunk. Jungle was beginning to wonder if he was even going to get a turn this game. Cyan had gone on quite the streak, endangering the cat of being shut out. In the back of his mind, Jungle couldn’t help but think if the act of ‘missing’ on her part had been on purpose?

The random guy from before comes back, this time with many friends.

“You like it rough huh? Well, these guys like it rough too,” he stated.

In response, Cyan withdraws her submachine gun and fires off several shots into the air. A couple shots pass just north of her assailants’ heads. That causes the majority to lose their nerve and thus run off. The sight of the concussion grenade she pulls out next causes the rest to scatter.

Meanwhile, Jungle continues about the pool game.

KA-BOOM, is heard in the background. The force of which nocks the final ball into a hole for Jungle.

He shrugs. “That would be game,” he states.

That gets Cyan’s attention whom focuses back on Jungle. “Care to play again?” She asks.

Later:

The pair is seen walking about in the streets of the city. Judging from the lack of a crowd, it was late. Police sirens are heard in the background however, proving that Prime City is a city that never sleeps.

“What?” Cyan asks.
“What?” Jungle asks.
“Something you want to ask me?”
“No.”
“No?”

Not that Cyan could tell from the cat’s face, as it was usually impossible to read, but she could nevertheless just ‘tell’ that Jungle had some alternative motive in play.

Jungle sighs, giving in. “I need your help, Trix.”
“Oh?”
“I need transportation.”

Soon enough there after:

The pair found themselves to be shaken quite a bit when the freighter engaged its transwarp drive. They sat across from each other in the cargo hold. The conditions sucked, but the ride was free. Also, not many ships tended to head out in the direction the cat was looking to go.

How exactly she got talked into going? A moment of weakness on her part is what it had been. It had been three years since she saw him. When he asked, she said yes.

She didn’t comment on it, but Cyan wondered, why Jungle even needed her help to get ‘transportation’ in the first place? The cat had his fair share of connections as well. Maybe even more then Cyan had in this universe. What was the cat up too?

Silence.

Many might find the silence uncomfortable. Jungle didn’t, he preferred it. Cyan allowed Jungle his long silence, but it still unnerved her.

You see, his alternate had been her 'biological' father, so to speak, but she'd been brought up by her mother and her large family of chattering fireflies. Her true paternity was a secret to the husband, and when she did see Jungle, more often than not it was on opposite sides of the battlefield.

In other meetings, he'd spoken but a few words. She'd run across this Jungle at various times in her time travels, and heard plenty of his reputation, so she knew him better now, but at the same time she 'knew' him no better than any of the characters on her childhood television shows.

They were headed to a hub near the edge of Maximal Alliance space. There, they were hoping to barter for another ride.

“Where exactly are we going anyway, Broodie McBroodster?”

That momentarily broke the silence, though afterward, a pause ensued.

“You know,” Jungle finally retorted. Just prior, Cyan was beginning to wonder if the cat was going to reply at all.

“I meant our final stop, Unkie J.”

Jungle, simply didn’t give an answer.

Cyan rolled her eyes. The cat had yet to provide her a source of motivation for her participation. She was wondering if coming along was a mistake? He seemed to be, being ‘strange,’ even by Jungle standards. Maybe keeping an eye on him wasn’t a bad idea in case he finally went off the deep end or something, she concluded for now.

... flash back...

The scene is a storage section inside the Cybertronian Alpha 3 space station.

“Is this the person we have been searching for?” Charge asked while Icerunner patched him up. She looked the ‘big cat’ up and down. He seemed like a very dark character. Like he never could tell you the whole truth of any matter.

Cyan and Icerunner both nodded.

The Dark Warrior grabs Ice’s arm – a signal for her to cease in her current actions. Rising to his feet, Jungle gently pushes the snow leopard away. His eyes narrow and fists form – noticeably his left fist is formed awkwardly as damage remained from a conflict prior.

The panther eyes Charge and then Cyan, followed by Ice and then Charge again.

“Care to explain what you meant by that darl'n?”

“S-s'cuse me?” Charge asked startled by his actions. She started to back away as if a mountain bear had just appeared in front of her.

Cyan stepped in between Jungle and Charge, and smiled at him reassuringly. “She means your reputation precedes you, as usual."

Jungle stared at her, trying to place the face, figure her out, and form the question, but Cyan didn't give him the chance to get very far. If she didn't already know what he was going to ask, she knew how he wanted it answered.

“Hi! I'm Cyan. I've met you already, but don't worry it's just time travel and a screwed up continuity.”

... end flash back...

Cyan is puzzled by the cat’s blatant stare at her. Obviously, the Dark Warrior was deep in thought. Thoughts pertaining to her? Upon becoming aware of his stare or rather, Cyan’s awareness of the stare, the cat quickly shifts his eyes to another direction. She does the same with hers.

... flash back...

We are in a field.

Clear sky.
Warm to the touch.
Slight breeze.

Jungle – he looks so young – is present with one other: a female Maximal with a puma secondary form. Her name? DeVin.

DeVin begins to laugh and lies back down next to Jungle. “Oh please Jax, don't mistake what we have for love. You just make an ‘interesting diversion,’ is all.” She states quite smugly or ‘matter-a-factly’.

“Is that so?” Jungle asks.

“Yes,” DeVin is quick to reply with.

Jungle is silent. In thinking that the conversation is over, she settles against Jungle's side. However in response to that, he rises and begins to walk away.

The puma is heard snarling.

... end flash back...

The freighter jerks Jungle and Cyan somewhat violently as it sets down. It seemed as if the vessel was being held together by duck tape, which may not be too far from the truth.

The pair makes their way out into the crowded dock. Before them was a domed covered city or perhaps ‘town’ would fit better. The dome was not fancy enough for stars to be able to be seen through it. Rugged figures were everywhere about. It took a certain personality type to travel this far out. The quote, unquote, ‘Outer Rim.’

A good bit of Maximals and Predacons strolled about. In addition to a handful of Generation One style ‘bots. One’s faction didn’t so much matter out here. You were as likely to be stabbed by one of the same faction, as one of a different faction. Assorted aliens were present and seemed to be the majority in comparison to the Cybertronians.

A few of the ones they passed, greeted Jungle as the ‘Dark Warrior.’ For the most part, he returned the acknowledgement with a nod. Obviously, the cat had been here enough times before.

That did it.

“Why was I drug out here? You obviously don't need me,” Cyan lashed out with.

“I need someone to watch my back,” the Dark Warrior responded - admittedly caught off guard by her comments.

“Since when?” Cyan asked.

The Dark Warrior faces her.

“Do you want to be paid or not?” Jungle asked, inwardly hoping that, that would at last quiet her.

She stared at him blankly, as if the answer were obvious. Of course, if it were obvious to Jungle he wouldn't have asked. She furrowed her brow a little. No, the silent look thing did not seem to be working both ways today.

“In-house jobs are free, provided the benefiting party is not trying to exploit the policy,” she recited.

Jungle nodded and continued on.

She followed. Why? She honestly didn’t know.

Jungle and Cyan make their way into a tavern. It was dirty. It was ancient. A mix of aliens cram the scene. One alien in particular catches Jungle’s eye.

A bald, slightly tubby alien, with red, welty, skin. His clothes were rather fancy implying that he did do rather well for himself. Whatever his assortment of occupations.

The alien takes note of Jungle as well. Initially, he looks less then pleased upon sighting the Dark Warrior. But he does force a smile as he approaches them.

“Jungle, it’s been too long,” stated the alien. Even though his voice was masked by cheerfulness – be if fake - it still came across as ‘sly.’

“CaVin,” Jungle retorted.

“And who is this lovely young lady?” CaVin asked as he examined Cyan from head to toe and from toe to head. “She looks like she’d be a real demon in the sack,” CaVin added, as he nudged Jungle with his elbow.

“She’s my daughter. Her name is Cyan.”

CaVin’s jaw literally drops. Jaw still dropped, he looks back at Cyan, who waves.

“Hi!” The rabbit exclaims.
“Hi,” retorted CaVin.

Cyan was inwardly surprised from Jungle referring to her, as ‘his daughter’. She was beginning to wonder if she was in fact stuck in the, ‘Twilight Zone’? The theme song to that show plays in her mind.

“I need a ship,” Jungle speaks up with, to bring CaVin back.

“A ship? Right of course. Of course you do. However, you force me to say; too bad, so sad, JJ, my boy.”

Jungle’s eyes narrow to but paper thin slits.

Gulping hard, CaVin scrambles to form a reply. Jungle could come across as rather fierce when he so wanted.

“I just rented my last one.”
“To who?” Jungle asked.
“To her,” CaVin replied.

He motioned over across the room to a human female seated at a corner table. The human had green hair and green eyes.

Jennifer Scott.

... flash back...

Jungle and Jennifer cross paths in a hallway. Both pause upon spotting the other.

For a moment they just stand there.

That is till Jen kisses Jungle.

A kiss they share.

Then she’s on her way. Jungle didn’t exactly mind what had just happened, mind you. But he was left to wonder, ‘what that was all about?’ As she headed off.

... end flash back...

“Stalking me, cat?” Jennifer asks, in between drinks.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” is Jungle’s retort.

“What brings you out here, anyway?” Jungle asks.
“None of your business is what,” Jen’s response.

An awkward moment passes when she and Jungle lock eyes.

But that dissipates when she eyes Cyan.

Cyan takes note of that.

“Hi, Jen!” Cyan exclaims.
“Have we met?”
“Well, yes. Rather no. It’s-"
“Never mind.”

Presently…as in where our story originally came in at...

Jungle’s mind was clouded. He felt dazed. The cat had always suspected that Jennifer had a hard head. Now he had proof – the forming lump on his head. On instinct alone he staggered for cover. Jennifer’s instincts were different then Jungle’s.

Staggering to her feet as well, she blasts both with an energy beam. A silent, ‘too easy,’ hangs in the air as Alpha and Omega both sidestep, effectively avoiding the blasts. But the wall behind them does not. It belonged to the women’s bathroom.

Cyan sticks her head out of the created hole. She had retreated there previously to give Jungle and Jen some space, which she felt they needed, sensing some ‘issue’ there. Well, actually, she just needed sometime to herself.

Alpha and Omega punch the air. The reaction to that action being that Jen is flung back. The whole, ‘invisible force,’ thing.

Plasma rifle in hand, the rabbit takes a couple pop shots at her obvious foes to get a feel for them. Alpha and Omega easily evade. Shrugging, Cyan chucks a concussion grenade their way.

Alpha raises his hand, causing the inbound projectile to, ‘freeze’ in mid air. Omega, for his part, waves his hand to the left, causing the grenade to shift in that direction. Thus it explodes with no one in harm’s way.

Feeling someone grab her shoulder, Cyan is ‘yanked’ back into the women’s bathroom. The cause? Jungle. He deactivates his cloak field, returning into view.

“We have to separate them,” the Dark Warrior commands.

Cyan nods in agreement. Alpha and Omega were definitely connected. They did everything together. Thus, logically speaking, divided they would fall.

Shaking it off, Jen jumps into the air from across the battle ground. Converting into her energy state, she charges at the pair – rather ticked off, I might add.

With their attention on Jen, Jungle comes into view, in mid leap, chest chain guns to bear.

Omega takes notice of the Dark Warrior.

Attention divided, Jen is able to successfully slam into Alpha. Jungle in turn, slams into Omega.

Cyan, for her part, leaps into the air, exclaiming; “Maximize!” As she transforms out of her saber tooth rabbit beast mode. She then tosses about her four sub space grenades. Converting into her third mode, which her TM body allows for, her jets take her to safety as the grenades go off.

A white flash follows.

Alpha, Omega, Jennifer and Jungle are all down and out.

The grenades are designed to disrupt energy fields and tear a part matter. Thus, Jen was forced back into her human form and sections of the others’ plating were burned and all together missing. The act of stasis lock had forced Jungle into his panther form.

Back in robot mode, Cyan touches down gracefully.

“All in a day’s work,” she half way mumbles.

Later, not by much:

The trio of Cyan, Jungle and Jennifer have taken refuge in some back room. The latter two have – for the most part – recovered.

“I’m sorry,” we hear Cyan say.

“Forgiven,” Jungle replies with noted effort.

"Is anyone but mean wondering why two top Atheist agents just happened to be at this random backwater place?" Cyan asked.

Jungle shakes his head back and forth in response. The situation did smell funny but he had other things on his mind. Alpha and Omega were nuetralized so Atheist could wait.

It’s a struggle but the cat does successfully transform into his robot mode. Another awkward moment comes when Jungle and Jen again, lock eyes. Cyan rolls hers.

“About that ship...” commented Jungle to Jen.

There after:

Jungle and Cyan stand in a field. A forest sounds them on all sides. Their attention is focused on the stone statue of a dragon. The dragon’s head is lifted high, with its wings arched back and its tailed curled around its body. Etched into the statue's base is one word; ‘DeVin.’

... flash back...

Tears begin to roll down DeVin's cheeks. Tears, which Jungle carefully wipes away. He then kisses her. Her frame was largely burnt and melted.

Less then a moment later, she is gone...

... her fierily red eyes fade to black and her head tilts to the side...

... the sound of her systems shutting down is heard and echoes, adding to the effect.

Jungle feels the hand of hers he holds go limp. It falls to the ground.

An unnatural silence fills the air which is broken by Jungle letting out a loud roar – that being all he can do to channel the un-measurable amount of pain, sadness and frustration he feels. At the roar's conclusion, he immediately collapses upon her, his strength having left him.

... end flash back…

As those memories begin to fade back into Jungle’s mind, the cat takes hold of Cyan’s hand.

In that moment, Cyan finally understood...

... this, all this, was Jungle’s way of finally letting her in.

Cyan returns the grip.

“Thanks for coming, Trix,” stated Jungle.
“You’re welcome, Unkie J.”

Pulling back, we see Jen standing a respectful distance away.

Epilog:

We are in Icerunner’s apartment on Cybertron. In addition to Icerunner being present, so are Jungle and Cyan. They had sat down to dinner. A knock is heard on the door. All three exchange glances. After all, they weren’t expecting anyone. Ice stands, to answer the door. But Cyan nudges Jungle and so he stands, fulfilling the role of the, quote, unquote ‘gentleman.’

Jungle’s eyes widen at who he sees. There stands a battered but functional, Alert. Alert was bonded with wolf DNA and was an MSP agent; Stopper’s right hand man to be exact.

Giving into his damage, Alert collapses into Jungle’s arms.

“Dark Pyre,” Alert manages before stasis lock finds him…

fin.

Last edited by Jungle on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Part 4: Picture Perfect

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/gargoyles/picture/fiction.html

Our story begins just after the events concluding 'You Can Go Home Again...'

“We need to go. Now,” commanded Jungle, otherwise known as the Dark Warrior.

Icerunner for her part responded with a look that could melt that which she was named. Her optics, burning of copper met Jungle’s pail blue ones. She held Alert, clutched in her arms. There were no words spoken between the two cats. There didn’t need to be as the situation was obvious; Alert was in no condition to be moved. Lacerations covered his frame. Smooth lacerations like those a surgeon would make. Whomever had done all that to Alert, knew what they were doing and obviously took their time in doing it. Obviously a point was out to be made.

Cyan spoke up, realizing as Jungle had that Alert’s presence came with a point. Whatever it was. Didn’t matter. Bottom line; they weren’t holding the cards. “We need to go, Icerunner.”

Ice looked to Alert. There was no love lost between them but she was at current playing the role of a medic.

But she did nod in agreement.

The apartment complex Ice inhabited was fortunately equipped with an escape tunnel. Not exactly standard but neither was the snow leopard. She was quite important to the Maximal Internal Security Division or MIS at one point - perhaps still was - thus the Agency had insisted on a few modifications prior to her moving in. This tunnel was one of them. When it came to the MIS, their name pretty much said it all.

Cyan had the point position, Icerunner held the rear. Jungle was converted into his panther beast form with Alert strapped to his back for as safe of keeping as possible. The group moved with as much stealth as possible given the situation.

The tunnel dumped them out a block away.

It was raining.

The rabbit peaked around the corner. This immediate area of Prime City was clear. She finally had a chance to ask what she'd been wondering since Alert stumbled in the door.

“Dark Pyre? Isn't that a bit redundant?” Neither Jungle nor Icerunner responded. Apparently neither was in a joking mood, and apparently Cyan would have to guess for now. Her guess was this was some particularly nasty alternate version. Pyre was the sort that attracted those.

“What now?” Cyan asked in defeat. The question was directed to no one in particular, but everyone was nevertheless waiting for an answer from Jungle. The cat wasn’t about to admit that he frankly didn’t know.

Make no mistake, he was scared. Alert wasn’t easy to get too. The wolf was Stopper’s right hand man. Who’s Stopper? Stopper is the head of the Maximal Secret Police or MSP. Essentially Alert was untouchable, yet here he was.

“Time’s wasting,” the Dark Warrior spoke up with, successfully masking his inner feelings or perhaps demons.

“No. No. No. Absolutely not, cat!” Blackarachnia exclaimed.

Jungle and co were presently at the home of Blackarachnia. The very same black widow who had fault in the Beast Wars on ancient Earth. Nearly two decades had past since those days. She was in her more eye pleasing original state. Jungle and co were at her home, but more specifically they were standing in her doorway. Blackarachnia’s mannerisms indicated her to be less then pleased at the sight of the group.

“How does Jungle know her?” Cyan whispered to Ice.
Ice merely shrugged in response.

Jungle, who was back in his robot form, forcibly grabbed the black widow spider by her shoulders and proceeded to kiss her. Blackarachnia let out a soft moan in reply.

“By all means, come in,” Blackarachnia stated, mood having changed.

Blackarachnia eyed Alert as he was set down into the cr-tank, but she was more concerned with the presence of Cyan, to whom she gave a series of nasty looks too. The rabbit looked back with a cheery, toothy smile.

“Can I help you?” Cyan finally asked.
“Nope,” The spider retorted, disgustedly.
Cyan giggled.

Jungle thought about explaining to Blackarchnia that Cyan, from a technical standpoint, was his daughter. But he decided to just let it be. It seemed just easier to him that way. Secretly Jungle enjoyed the thought of Blacharachnia being perhaps, jealous. Given the cat’s historic women troubles, it was somehow nice that a woman of the spider’s caliber would react such a way. Though arguably, his troubles stemmed from his choice in women.

“I trust you all will not be staying long,” Blackarachnia spoke up with.

“Hard to say,” Jungle responded.

The spider in turn shot him a glare. Patience was not something she stored in large quantities.

“Please.” Jungle wasn’t apologizing, he just wasn’t in the mood. The frustration to that effect had echoed in his tone. He was rattled. He had a right to be. But he felt more rattled then the situation warranted.

Blackarachnia shot the panther one final glare before stepping out of the room. Instantly Jungle felt relieved. Ice made her way over to him.

“Maybe we should go, Big Cat. We can find some place else.”
“There is no place else, Ice.”

The snow leopard starts to speak up but Jungle won’t let her.

“Alert was sent to us for a reason. A reason, Ice. They, whoever, knew were to find us. They knew. This is the one place we aren’t likely to be found. When Alert wakes up we’ll get the answers we’re owed. Till then…”

Ice nodded. What her mentor had said made sense. In all these years, Jungle hadn’t failed her. Now would be no different. Her thoughts drifted to her husband, to Pyre. Pyre should be back soon, back at the apartment that is, the apartment they had fled. She knew the dragon would be all right, but at the same time, she hoped he would be.

“As for you,” Jungle stated to Cyan. “You should get going.”

“What?” Cyan questioned.
“Our business has concluded.”

Those remarks from Jungle had more or less hit her from right field. Up to now, she had been too caught up in things to really stop and think. Now that she had a moment, the goings on here really didn’t seem to concern her. She herself has had no dealings with the MSP. At least the MSP of this universe, that is.

“Cyan,” Ice called out.
“Yes?”

“I’d like to hire you on to look after Alert. In my experience he is quite a handful when conscious.”

“Usual rates?” Cyan asked.
Ice nodded.

Jungle shot Ice a look that essentially read, ‘what the hell are you doing?’

Cyan put her attention back on Jungle. “It's cute when you're all protective.” The rabbit then focused onto Icerunner. “You got yourself a deal.”

A low growl was followed by Jungle exiting the room. Frankly Cyan was puzzled. Just prior, the cat had gone to all that trouble to bond with her. Now this. Jungle’s actions just now somehow angered her. It showed in her face. Why had Jungle wanted her to go? And why had Ice wanted her to stay? To hell with everyone, Cyan at last concluded. The money was something she could certainly use - the one certainty in all this madness.

... flash back...

We find the Dark Warrior laying on the floor in noticeable discomfort. The surrounding area is pitch black save four lights which shine onto him. Jungle seemed younger here, then now. Alert was present as well. He stood in his usual stiff manner and his face carried the typical blank look upon it.

Alert circled Jungle.

“Jax, how many lights do you see?” Alert asked. His voice was emotionless. His voice was cold. Jax is what Jungle was known as in those early days.

“Four,” Jungle replied.
“What?” Alert asked.
“Four.”
“I see five.”

With the push of a button, electricity surges across Jungle’s frame. We were obviously witnessing a portion of the training Jungle endured during his first years of service in the MSP. No one chooses to be an MSP agent. A certain number of protoforms are given to the MSP by the Maximal High Council or MHC. The protoform that Jungle came from happened to be one of those. Same of course goes for Alert.

“Let’s try this again,” Alert stated as he circled Jungle. “How many lights do you see?”

... end flash back...

Jungle at present was sharpening his knives, his current weapon of choice. They fit quite well into his life style. Though he did miss the arm swords his frame was at one time equipped with. Perhaps Ice could be commissioned for such a task. Speaking of…

“JJ,” stated Ice as she emerged into the room Jungle had found himself in. “Alert is waking.”

The fluid drained from the tank. The platform which Alert was rested rose. No visible sign of injuries covered his superstructure. He however didn’t move. Jungle, Cyan and Ice exchange quick glances. The repair cycle had been completed. Ice begins to make her way over to the wolf. Obviously something was wrong. Jungle however gestured for her to stay put.

A knife slid into Jungle’s hand.

In the same motion, the cat hurled it at the special spot between Alert’s legs.

The knife misses the mark however as Alert had back rolled to avoid it.

Possum.

Tri-mounted missile launchers flip out from their compartments in Alert’s back to assume their firing position on the wolf’s shoulders. Instinct. Pure instinct.

Jungle’s chest chain guns emerge.

Locked onto each other’s eyes, the pair stood momentarily deadlocked.

Cyan clears her throat.

Both Jungle and Alert eye the rabbit enough to see that she has her plasma rifle trained on Alert and her sub machine gun trained on Jungle.

“This is no time for boys to be boys,” commented Cyan.

Alert retracts his weaponry.
Jungle does the same.

Alert wasn’t in the least intimidated by Cyan or Jungle or Ice for that matter. In fact he was quite certain that he could handle them all. But, Cyan was right; this was no time.

“A situation has developed,” Alert spoke up with to break the silence. There was not a hint of feeling in those words or a hint of emotion on his face. If not for the fact the wolf was standing and talking, you’d scarcely know he was alive.

“How does it involve me?” Jungle shot back with.

“Don’t flatter yourself. It doesn’t. My being here has to do solely with her.” Alert motioned toward Ice.

“What?” Ice blurted in reaction. After all, what could Dark Pyre have solely to do with her?

Defensibly, Jungle put himself between Alert and Ice. Cyan for her part moved to stand adjacent to Alert. The MSP agent was now pretty well covered should the situation deteriorate. Cyan had dealt with Alert before, be it a different one. Again, that whole ‘other universe thing’.

“Allow me to elaborate,” stated Alert. “Given the success we had with extracting an alternate version of Jungle from another universe, we turned our attention toward Pyre. Unfortunately, the alternate we retrieved proved over time to be too powerful for our methods of control.”

“Dark Pyre,” the Dark Warrior spoke up with.

Alert nodded and continued. “In more recent events, Dark Pyre successfully commandeered the Cybertronian Alpha Space Station. We enlisted the aid of your Pyre to help us to recapture his counterpart. Unfortunately the mission operation failed. Your Pyre for his part was captured. Dark Pyre released me to find you. And so, here I am.”

“Here you are,” Jungle replied.
“Yes,” Alert retorted.

“Why?” Cyan asked.
“What?” Alert retorted.
“Why are you here? Personal and up front aren't exactly your style.”
“Who are you anyway?”

“That’s not important.” Jungle spoke up with. “But the lady raises a valid point,” he continued with.

During that exchange of words between those three, Ice was attempting to reach Pyre via their communication link... but she had no luck. Just static. That could mean any number of things but it certainly added credability to Alert's story.

Ice put in her two cents to the conversation. “Pyre needs our help. That’s what matters.” A lot of emotion was put behind those words. Ice had to restrain herself not to make a break for the first transport she could find. Pyre was her world and she knew he felt the same.

“I’d still like an answer,” we hear Cyan say. Cyan had the liberty of not being emotionally involved in all this, thus she was the most clear minded of the bunch.

“As would I,” Jungle added. “Not that I don’t agree with you Ice.”

Alert gave in. “Stopper is on the list of Dark Pyre’s captives.”

Jungle’s fists formed. He utterly despised Stopper. But at the same time, Stopper was very much a father figure in his life. In a very odd way, Stopper had always looked out for Jungle. He was aware of that. It just wasn’t enough to make up for all that had transpired in the life Jungle never choose.

“How will Ice be able to help things?” Cyan asked. She almost felt as if she was playing Jungle’s role for him in all this. Ever since the first mention of, ‘Dark Pyre,’ the cat hadn’t been himself. Ordinarily that wouldn’t be a bad thing in Cyan’s view. Ordinarily, that is.

“Dark Pyre agreed to release Stopper upon Icerunner’s arrival.”

Jungle attempted to deck Alert for his remark. Alert’s desire to use Ice as a pawn disgusted him. I say, Jungle attempted to deck Alert, for Alert tilts his head just enough to void the punch. Alert follows up with a jab to Jungle’s midsection which is landed.

Cyan clears her throat.
She had her guns back out.

“Didn’t we cover this already?” Cyan asked.

“JJ,” spoke Ice.

Jungle nodded at her and relaxed.

“Whatever it takes to help Pyre we’ll have to do it. I owe him that. You do too,” Ice further commented to the panther.

“I'll assume I'm in,” comments Cyan.

“No you’re not,” retorted Jungle.

“Yes she is,” The snow leopard commanded. “Now that, that’s settled, we need a plan.”

... flash back...

“Dark Pyre? I like that. Has a rather nice ring to it, I think,” we hear Dark Pyre state.

“Glad I could help. I guess you’ll be on your way then,” we hear Jungle retort.

The Dark Pyre smirks. “Hardly.”

The Darkest One was standing in Jungle’s quarters. Dark Pyre had not entered by the conventional sense. He merely appeared. Jungle had awoken to the dragon’s frame looming over him. They had met earlier in the day in battle. Dark Pyre’s interests had been in his counterpart. Everyone had thought Dark Pyre to be gone. Guess not.

“What do you want?” Jungle asked. It was to buy time to figure some sort of a strategy out. The cat had enough sense to know that a direct engagement would yield nothing other then pain – lots of it.

“I wish to explore the darkness kept within you.”
“What?” Jungle asked.
“You mask it well. Such control you have.”

Sweat rolled down Jungle’s face. He felt uncomfortable. He felt cold… so cold.

Looking around, Jungle finds himself to no longer be in his quarters. The surroundings had drastically changed. He was on the Carcanen home world. There was no mistaking it for Jungle as he had spent a bit of time there. This spot though. There was something about this particular spot.

Jungle sees himself bent down next to a river. A Carcanen in restraints was there. Carcanens are easily identifiable with their blue skin. Another Maximal was present as well. He was tall and slender, bonded with jackal DNA. Jungle recognized him as, Byu.

“No!” Jungle calls out as he runs over to his other self. He realized what was happening - something buried so deep he had nearly forgotten.

No one seemed to take notice of his shout however. The other Jungle rises, holding the lifeless body of a boy, a Carcanen boy, the cat had just drowned.

Jungle’s legs give out.

Dark Pyre is now present next to him.

“That wasn’t very Maximal of you,” the Darkest One states.

“His father was a member of a terrorist cell.”

“So you killed his son to get to him?” Dark Pyre asked.

“I was ordered, I-”

“You were ordered? That’s how you justify it?” Dark Pyre asked.

“I-”

Darkness surrounds the pair.

“How many innocent lives have you taken?” Dark Pyre asked.

“I-”

“How many atrocities have you committed?”

“How many have you?” Jungle lashed back with.

“My point. You cling to honor and virtue when you have none. I don’t. I can admit what I am and if feels so good. You are just too weak to do the same. You sicken me.”

Jungle finds himself to be back in his quarters. Nothing seemed disturbed. There was no Dark Pyre. Rising up out of bed, Jungle more fully examines the scene to make for certain the fact that he was alone.

He was.

Tears roll down upon his face as Dark Pyre’s words echo in his mind.

... end flash back...

“Jungle.”

“What?” The Dark Warrior responded as those memories are filed back a way. He looked in the direction the voice had come from. It was Cyan who had spoken. Quade - his brother - was present as well. Quade was piloting the craft the trio was in.

“We’re here,” Cyan answered.

Through the cockpit window, the Cybertronian Alpha Space Station could be seen. It was actually the third such station to carry the name. A large outer ring protected a smaller sphere. Tubes ran from the ring into the sphere. The sphere housed the station’s command and engineering facilities. The outer ring was for docking, living and recreation.

“What’s the status of Ice and Alert?” Jungle asked.

Inwardly Cyan sighed. Obviously the cat hadn’t been paying attention after all. She was actually starting to consider Jungle a liability. His overall lack of focus left her with doubts.

Quade spoke up. “They docked just a moment ago.”

“How’s the cloak holding up?” Jungle asked.

“It’s functioning normal. So far there’s no indication we’ve been detected,” Quade answered.

“So far,” Jungle mumbled.
“What?” Cyan asked.
“Nothing,” Jungle replied.

“We have a hard seal,” Cyan spoke up with.

The rabbit moved back down the hatch ladder to make room for Jungle. Jungle took her place. His task was to take care of the signal that would be sent to the station command center when the hatch opened. Out right disabling it was out of his league - same goes for most people - but he did know of a way to temporarily distort the signal. Temporarily being a couple seconds.

“Move it, Trix,” Jungle commanded.

The hatch to the station opened.

Jungle threw himself up into it.

Cyan followed suit. The closing hatch nearly nipped her toe.

Then they were gone, vanished from view. Jungle had converted to his panther beast form upon exiting the hatch. Cyan now laid across his back, literally hugging his body. The cat had extended his cloak field around her. They wouldn’t be seen. They wouldn’t be heard. For whatever good that would do - Jungle inwardly thought.

Courtesy of a hard shove, Ice enters the Promenade. It was several open stories high, lined with shops of every kind. All closed though as the station had been closed to the public for quite some time. The shove came from Alert. Ice let it go as he was playing his part and she was playing hers. He did seem to be enjoying his part more, however.

“I’ll never understand Jungle’s interest in you,” Alert spoke. The comment seemed a little out of place from Ice’s stand point. But whatever.

“That’s something best discussed with him,” Ice replied.

Alert shoved her again. That was beginning to grow old.

“I have nothing to discuss with him. Not anymore.”

The pair makes their way down onto the main floor. There Ice spots CaVin’s old place. Her mind recalled how some of her more interesting experiences during her days of assignment on the station occurred there.

“Alert.”

That voice. It sounded like Pyre only it didn’t. She’d heard it before. Turning, she finds its origination; Dark Pyre.

“You’ve done well,” the Darkest One continued with.

Alert nodded. “There is one thing you should know.”
“And that would be?” Dark Pyre asked.
“Her restraints aren’t locked.”

Momentarily, Ice is stunned.

The snow leopard tosses an ice bomb toward each foe then dashes to find cover. She hears the bombs go off behind her - they were designed to solidly freeze anything and everything in their radius - however Dark Pyre appears in front of her.

The next thing she is aware of is the fact that she is choking.

The Darkest One had her by the neck.

With his spare hand he injects something into her with a syringe. She starts to feel dizzy. She feels her frame go limp.

“Pyre,” she manages.

“Pyre,” the dragon says. “Your Pyre, is-”

“-not on the station,” we hear Cyan state.

Cyan and Jungle are hunched over a computer terminal in an obscure part of the station. Upon the realization of what was unfolding here, the Dark Warrior lets out a growl and punches into and through the wall. Cyan jumped back a bit. The violent outbursts the cat tended to have always unnerved her. Ticking time bombs always did.

Dark Pyre and Alert stand observing Ice who is behind energy bars. They were in the station’s security detention room.

“I would suggest you go after Jungle and Cyan. Then there’s General Quade. He’ll be back soon,” we hear Alert say.

“Consider it all taken care of,” the Darkest One retorts. “After all I have a vested interest in your safety, don’t I?”

“I hate rhetorical questions.”

“Calm down, you're being very un-Dude,” Cyan said. The reference was lost on the cat, but Jungle got the message. “This is a good thing. We know what the trap is, and knowing is half the battle.” The Dark Warrior looked away. Obviously he didn't agree. Either that or he didn't get the reference.

“I just don’t get it. What’s the big deal with the Darkamaniac?” Cyan asks.

Jungle’s eyes met hers. Though be it only briefly however, because he puts his back to her. Was it any of her business? Hard to say.

“He got in my head once, Cyan. He got in my head and never left. What he did still haunts me. It’s been years and it still haunts me. That’s why I didn’t want you here. I didn’t want him to have the opportunity to do the same to you.”

For a moment there is silence. Frankly Cyan didn’t know what to say or do after hearing all that. She found herself placing her hand on his shoulder.

“Unkie J-”

“He’s coming. Get to Ice. I’ll buy you as much time as I can.”

Cyan didn’t move.

“Go.”

She nodded.

Dark Pyre's red glowing eyes partially illuminated the surroundings as he moved. He was in one of the station’s lower passageways.

We find Alert to be walking through an ice cavern. Suddenly an ice wall forms, blocking his path. The wolf’s tri-mounted missile launchers flip out and fire. The wall shatters.

“Now you’re just getting pathetic, Icerunner. You do realize that your MIS data tracks are as good as mine, don’t you?”

Another ice wall forms in place of the one that was just destroyed. However, before Alert can repeat his previous action, he falls to the ground.

Cyan stands over Ice and Alert. There was a connection cord running from Alert, into Ice, which Cyan had just cut. No time for celebration as Alert decks the rabbit across her face. There was no way anyone could have recovered from something like that so quick, Cyan thinks, as she staggers to regain herself.

She hits the ground, barely avoiding Alert’s follow up missile strike. The missiles create a hole which Cyan sprints through, taking her back to the main Promenade.

Jungle meanwhile is on the ground. Dark Pyre had his foot firmly placed against the Dark Warrior’s head. One of the cat’s arms rested in an unnatural position. It was broken, obviously. One of the cat’s eyes was cracked and therefore non-functional. Any chance Jungle may have had, left him before the battle even started.

“Why?” Jungle blurts, voice riddled with discomfort.
“Elaborate,” Dark Pyre replied.
“MSP.”

“They extracted my spark.” As Dark Pyre replies, he sticks the cat with the same type of syringe he got Ice with prior. “Alert’s vital signs are being monitored. If-”

Jungle’s chest chain guns go off.

Quite simply, Dark Pyre was not expecting that. The Darkest One is hurled back. Hurled back before he is able to pump Jungle with a full dosage of the ‘medicine’. The cat gets to his feet, using the walls for support. However, he doesn’t exactly get very far as his limbs go limp.

Dark Pyre is back to his feet in time to see Jungle fall. It seems as if he had inspired a last ditch effort from Jungle, after all. That is something to which he takes momentarily delight - for lack of a better word - in. The wounds in his chest from Jungle’s attack had already begun to heal.

The open comm. link Jungle and Cyan had with one and other, had allowed the rabbit to hear Jungle and Dark Pyre’s conflict. But she had her own problems. Namely; Alert.

Alert caught her fist and squeezed. He caught her other one too. Cyan had shifted the style of engagement to a close quarter one to neutralize the wolf’s missile launchers. Unfortunately, things hadn’t much improved for her. Popping sounds emerged from her hands – damn he was strong. Cyan’s knee touches the ground, then her other.

Alert visibly winces.

Cyan had managed a head butt between his legs.

The pain forces him to toss her away so that he can mentally regroup.

“Clever girl.”

“I learned from the best,” Cyan retorted as she sprinted several feet back away from him.

“Jungle?” Alert assumed. “I trained Jungle.”

Cyan giggled. “I didn't say Jungle.” That particular move she'd learned sparring with her stepfather, in fact.

The ‘wince’ had been the closest thing to ‘feeling’ that Alert had shown this entire time. Cyan strafed and darted around him now, shooting off submachine gun rounds.

Alert had too much firepower at range and was too strong in melee. Fortunately for the swift and skilled in footwork there was a dead zone, outside arm's reach but inside his artillery's blast radius.

Hopefully.

The wolf shoots off a couple missiles. They go high - too high not to have missed on purpose. No time to try and decipher the intent, Cyan picks a direction and runs. A section from above collapses. Cyan is caught by it.

She picked wrong.

Alert rotated in time to spot Icerunner, who had emerged, weapon to bear, at point blank range courtesy of her camo-mode.

However Alert is able to knock her gun away in time to prevent injury.

Spotting her hand full of ice bombs, Alert lunches at her, successfully tackling the snow leopard. The bombs roll harmlessly away as they were not set. Ice still felt quite sluggish from whatever it was Dark Pyre had injected her with.

Dark Pyre stops a couple of the ice bombs from rolling with his foot. He then drops Jungle like a potato sack.

Dark Pyre arrived in time to see Alert land a solid punch to Ice’s face, successfully knocking the feline out.

Alert rises, stretching his body in such a way that his back cracks. He then cracks his knuckles and then his neck. He wouldn’t admit it but things had turned out harder then they should have been. Alert eyes Cyan who is still pinned under the rubble and then Jungle.

“He’s still alive I trust?”
Dark Pyre nodded.

Alert makes his way over to Jungle.

Not feeling needed, Dark Pyre vanished into the shadows.

Even accounting for the fact that cats had nine lives, Jungle was on borrowed time. It somehow seemed fitting to Alert that he should be the one. Alert lifted the cat up to finish it.

Cyan had begun to stir. However, sweat rolled down her face. She felt uncomfortable.

She felt cold... so cold.

“I wish to explore the darkness kept within you,” Dark Pyre states to her mind.

Alert felt a warm feeling running down his torso.

He looked down.

There he found a knife.

He’d been stabbed.

How?

Color returned to the Dark Warrior’s good optic.

Ice bombs in hand, Jungle shoved a couple into Alert’s mouth.

Frost encompassed Alert’s face and ice encompassed a good bit of his internal workings.

Dark Pyre appears.

The Darkest One pulls Alert into the shadows with him.

Together they disappear.

Coughing up fluid, Jungle’s eyes meet Cyan’s.

“Alert’s vital signs are being monitored. If-” Cyan states.
“Alert dies, they will terminate my spark,” Jungle replies.

“What?” Ice asks, as she rubs her head.

Jungle and Cyan just lay back down.

Epilogue 1:

Icerunner stepped into her apartment. It had been a very long day and thus she looked forward to nothing short of total relaxation. A large smile formed on her face. Turning, we see what she sees: Pyre. The ‘real’ Pyre that is.

“Where have you been?” The dragon asks.

Without answering, she wraps her arms around him and proceeds to kiss him. Pyre shrugs, capping his wings around her as he holds her tight.

Epilogue 2:

Emerged in a web of shadows, Jungle stands perched on a rooftop, over looking Prime City. Jungle turns, spotting Cyan’s approach. Upon seeing him there, in the brooding fashion, she just shakes her head back and forth, silently mocking him.

In recognition of her arrival, Jungle gives her a nod.

Smirking, she nods back.

... flash back...

Cyan had begun to stir. However, sweat rolled down her face. She felt uncomfortable. She felt cold… so cold. 'I wish to explore the darkness kept within you,' Dark Pyre stated to her mind.

“It's pink and fuzzy and carries a chainsaw.”

'You think you have stronger defense mechanisms than he did, don't you?' She felt a clawed finger run across her face. She stayed still for just a moment, then snapped at it. She bit down on nothing. 'But that only piques my curiosity, my dear. Shall we begin?'

It was a lush jungle. Night time. A young fembot was running. Tiger beast mode, though she was in robot mode now. Black and orange color scheme, almost a photonegative of Cyan's own appearance. She was wounded, and stumbling, and being chased. Panic was setting in. Speed had been her main advantage. Now all she had was her gun - the reason she had run in the first place.

“Hey, neat trick. All my past life flashbacks are first person. Can we skip to the sex scene, though?" Cyan remarked.

It was hard to tell if the panther had pounced on her to knock her to the ground, or it jumped from the shadows when she started to fall, but in any case it had her convincingly pinned down.

“You can make me go back,” said the captured femme, “but you can't make me kill!”

The panther let up a little. “Perhaps not,” he admitted. The voice, if you hadn't already guessed, was Jungle's.

“But I will,” said another voice, emerging from the underbrush - Alert.

Whispering in such a way that only the panther could hear, the tiger femme pleads, “JJ, please. He'll own us both forever.”

... end flash back...

Jungle and Cyan overlooked the city together.

Epilogue 3:

Total darkness sounds us. A light appears, which shines down onto a cr-chamber. We hear the computer voice chime, “repair cycle completed.” The chamber door opens, revealing Alert.

Fin.

Last edited by Jungle on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Part 5: Reparations

http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/gargoyles/reparations/fiction.html

Khanny handed Jungle a cup of tea. The cat took a sip and then another, not willing to admit that it was presently too hot to drink as the kangaroo had attempted to warn him. Khanny merely shrugged, sitting his down in order for it to cool.

“Thumbs up on your security system,” Jungle spoke up with.

“I’ve learned a few things from being associated with the likes of you,” Khanny stated with a smirk. “But the credit really must go to Malarius. She’s the one who noticed the grain on the floor."

While on the subject of Marlarius, "I always found her intriguing," retorted Jungle.

Rather abruptly, Khanny changes the subject. "Tell me Jungle, why were you in the cargo hold?”

“I was hoping to stow away,” Jungle responded.

Khanny raised an optic ridge. “JJ. You’re making less sense then usual.”

Jungle smirked. “There is a method to my madness.”

Khanny replied with a hand motion that could be read as, ‘well?’

Jungle continued, “I’m needing to get to the Carcanen home world.”

“I’m still not following.”

“I was banned from entering Carcanen space a while back.”

“Ah. Then why do you need to go? No wait. I know. You have your reasons. Right?”

The cat nodded. “You be knowing me too well.”

Khanny shrugged. “Well, you can still catch the transport. I won’t rat you out.”

“But…”

“But after the transport touches down I expect you to meet up with me.”

“I’m not sure you want to be dirtying your hands in all this, Khanny.”

“I’m involved cat, by the very fact that I’m providing you your transportation. If you get caught…”

“You could always deny knowledge.”

“Jungle. You don’t expect anyone to believe that do you?”

“Well, given our history… I suppose not.”

Khanny gave a nod.
Jungle returned it.
A bargain had been struck.

“Nice dint in your chin, by the way,” Khanny added.
“Thanks. A friend gave it to me,” Jungle retorted.

A look of recognition formed on Khanny’s face. “Pyre?”

The cat nodded.
“I’ll just never understand…”

“So what’s your gig anyway?” Jungle asked.

“I’m helping the Carcanens develop more efficient agriculture methods. They’ve been struggling since the war.” The war being the one fault against the Carbation Empire.

“Know the feeling.”

Khanny rubbed his eyes after the assembled Carcanens departed. Carcanens have smooth dark blue or light blue skin - depending. The males have no hair - genetics, not a style choice. The females do however have hair that tends to be as long as shoulder length. The Carcanens generally wear robes, similar in style to that of monks. Displayed on boards are Khanny’s diagrams for what looks to be a plan for genetically enhancing certain plants for better crop yields. The meeting had been long, several hours.

Hearing the sound of someone clearing their throat, the kangaroo turns. Jungle appears from no where – he had been cloaked, obviously. Jungle is currently converted into his panther beast form.

“You said that the meeting would be brief,” says Jungle.

“Believe it or not, JJ, that was brief.”

Jungle mumbles a few words which can’t be made out. “Well if you’re coming along, let’s go."

Khanny is spotted moving about the Carcanen forest in his kangaroo form. Jungle is beside him, almost sprinting to keep up or perhaps it was Khanny who was attempting to keep up with Jungle who was in beast mode as well.

Night had fallen across this section of the planet. That made it safer for the pair to move about. As Jungle made mention of before, he was barred from this section of space. Thus his presence here was likely not a welcome one. Speaking of which…

“So, how does one go about getting banned from an entire region of space?” Khanny asked. He wasn’t just making polite conversation; he was genuinely curious.

“I misbehaved here during my MSP days,” Jungle retorted.

Khanny got the picture.

They pass some sizable energon deposits. Khanny briefly imagined what a surge caused by one of those would feel like. Something about them though, just didn’t seem natural. Usually raw crystals are found in mountainous areas. He wondered if they could perhaps be for defensive purposes? The MSP obviously made a bad impression here, after all. Khanny thought it best not to discuss it with Jungle, given the tone of the cat’s answer to his last question.

They soon come to ruins of sorts. It appeared to have been the site of a community. Given the state of disrepair, that had been a long time ago. A very long time ago. The outer wall had nearly crumbled, but a number of the inner structures were still standing. Trees had over grown much of the site.

Jungle sniffs the ground. A low growl emerges from his throat. He then transformed back to robot mode. A pair of knives slid into his hands and the Dark Warrior’s chest chain guns emerged.

Not quite sure what to make of all this, Khanny follows suit, withdrawing a pair of pistols.

“I thought you and him were on good terms, JJ,” Khanny spoke up with, sounding rather quizzical as he examined the immediate area along with Jungle, only not quite sure what to look for.

“We are,” Jungle replied back with. “But there’s someone else…”

“That’s why I requested you to come.” The source of that voice isn’t obvious, but Jungle nonetheless recognized it.

“Temperance,” Jungle responded to that statement with.

“It’s been a long time, cat,” Temperance retorted as he jumped down out of the tree he was perched in.

Temperance is not a Transformer. He is an organic humanoid with a Caucasian skin tone. Temperance looks to be in his early forties, but in extremely good health. He has black hair and warm brown eyes. He wears a suit of armor that is very metallic looking. Black in color, it can be best described as the suit that Superman wore in Superman: The Dark Side – assuming you’re familiar with that look.

Temperance extends his hand.
Jungle takes it.

The tenseness in the air however failed to dissipate.

“I believe you know Khanny.”

“Yes,” Temperance replied warmly as he looked in Khanny’s direction.

They exchanged a nod of recognition.

“Now that we got all that done with, let’s get down to it, T. Your message didn’t say nothing ‘bout him,” says Jungle.

“He’s dying cat,” Temperance responds.

For a moment Jungle just stood there.

“Who?” Khanny asked Jungle, understandably upset for being in the dark.

“My son.”

Khanny’s jaw literally dropped in response to the cat’s statement. That revelation came as a bit of a surprise.

“I came across him a couple months ago. I don’t know how he got here, he just appeared,” Temperance states as the trio heads into the ruins. “The process the Greater Force used to enhance him apparently was not flawless. His cells are breaking down.”

Khanny isn’t sure what to say in regards to all this. He looks to Jungle who is simply looking straight ahead - there was nothing of note in that direction. The cat’s face was impossible to read as it was completely blank.

“What brings you here anyway, Temperance?” Khanny asks, feeling the need to say something to elevate the uncomfortable-ness in the air.

“I believe that the Carcanens are an offshoot of my race.”

“Offshoot? You don’t exactly have blue skin.”

Temperance chuckled. “I don’t have all the answers, Khanny. But their DNA and mine is similar enough to make us all distant relatives. Perhaps my people and their people interbreed at one point. What I do know is these ruins are similar to the architecture found on my planet and the stones they are made from predate this planet.”

“Predate?” Khanny questioned.
Temperance nodded.

Khanny continued, “back on the CA station we talked about your home world. It was destroyed when this universe was formed around the old one Unicron devoured, right?”

“That’s right Khanny. I survived. It’s logical others did.” Temperance followed up with.

Laying on a bed, bound by restraints, is a rather strange creature. He is humanoid shaped, but a mixture of organic and robotic components. The skin tone of his organic sections is dark blue, making him out to be Carcanen. The robotic sections are black in color. He wears an open long black vest and black Arabian style pants. Over his head, he wears a black mask, which only has one eye hole allowing for his red glowing left eye to be seen.

The organic sections of the creature look to be ‘decomposing,’ for lack of a better descriptive word.

Jungle is visibly taken back by the site.
As is Khanny.

“The restraints are for his protection as much as they are for mine,” Temperance speaks up with.

The blank look reappears on the cat’s face whom does not move further then the doorway. Khanny for his part, makes his way over to the bed.

“Black Commy?” Khanny asks to the creature in order to determine if he is conscious or not.

In response, Black Commy violently jerks his body. It was as if he was attempting to attack the kangaroo. Fortunately the restraints hold. After several moments, Black Commy finally settles back down. Khanny looks to Temperance, who merely shrugs. There just wasn’t anything to be said. Khanny then looks to Jungle who is no longer present.

We find Jungle to be outside, looking up at the stars as he leans against part of a wall for support. He however eyes Temperance’s cautious approach. Temperance starts to speak but the cat beats him to it.

“There has got to be something that can be done,” Jungle lashes out with.

“Don’t think I haven’t tried everything I can think of, cat.”

“Remember our days on the Maximus?”

“Yes,” Temperance responds, unsure of the Dark Warrior’s point.

“Remember when you cloned yourself?”

Ah. Temperance understood. “I’ve tried that approach.”

“And?”

“And the clones suffered the same aliment. If I had a sample of his DNA prior to the disease taking hold, then I could successfully make a new body for him. But I don’t. Do you?”

Jungle shot Temperance a look that could make Unicron tremble. Even Temperance takes a step or two back and he was used to dealing with Jungle’s ‘outbursts’.

Jungle is gone from view.
Temperance lets him be.

Khanny is going over the data Temperance compiled in regards to Black Commy’s condition and is examining the samples Temperance had taken from Black Commy. Khanny himself was a biologist, after all.

“I never knew the Greater Force to be sloppy,” Khanny stated upon Temperance’s entry.

“I wouldn’t necessarily say, ‘sloppy,’ Khanny. I think that the Greater Force just didn’t have any long term plans for Black Commy when they abducted and altered him. The Greater Force had sought merger with Jungle to enable further self evolution. Black Commy was the catalyst. Unfortunately for him, nothing further.”

“Given time it seems as though the mutated cells could be separated.”

“That’s the problem, Khanny. Time is something we don’t have.”

“A couple days at the most.”

Temperance nodded, having the same conclusion.

Jungle’s knives are laid out, recently sharpened. Rubbing his thumb across one of the blades, fluid beings to drip. He then removes the barrels of his chest gain guns in order to clean them. A fire had been lit. The reflection of the flames can be seen in his blue optics.

“Jungle?” Khanny spoke.

Jungle looked up. He acknowledged Khanny with a nod.

“What’s up?”
“Taking a trip,” the Dark Warrior replied.
“Where?” Khanny asked sounding quite quizzical.
“I’m needing to talk to Stopper.”
“Stopper?”
“Yes.”
“The head of the MSP?”
“That’s the one.”
“Why?” Khanny asked.

“T said an untainted sample of Commy’s DNA is needed in order to save him. The MSP has developed a method to extract alternates of folks in this universe from other universes,” stated Jungle.

“Didn’t you say you just killed Alert?”

“I said I may have killed Alert,” retorted Jungle.

“In any case, JJ, do you really think the MSP is going to want to help you right now?”

Jungle shot Khanny a glare that was very similar to the one he’d previously given to Temperance. Like with Temperance, he took a step back.

A Transformer with the beast mode of a bull is seen in a bar room setting. His stature is similar to that of Rhinox from the Beast Wars. Only his plating seemed ‘thicker.’ He was obviously made to take serious abuse or give it. His beast mode’s head formed his chest like in the case of TM Megatron. At present he is making out with a fem ‘bot whom is without a conversation form.

The same pair is later found in a bed together. Discarded sections of plating cover the floor. She tries to cuddle with him, but he pushes her away. He pushes her away with enough force to knock her out of the bed.

“That wasn’t very nice,” we hear a voice say.

The bull’s eyes widen. He recognized it as did we.

“Jungle?” The bull halfway mumbles as he looks around.

Jungle comes into view with a knife pressed up against the bull’s throat.

“Hello, Swat,” the Dark Warrior states.

Swat and Jungle share the same MSP linage. However, they were designed for different functions. Jungle was designed for black ops work. Swat on the other hand is in the MSP’s heavy assault corps. Certain situations warrant such tactics.

“You haven’t changed. You’re still a servant to your vices,” states Jungle.

“There’s obvious perks. I’m sure DeVin told-”

Swat ceases talking upon Jungle pressing the blade tighter to his throat.

“Careful,” Jungle replied.

“You can go. You’re money is at the front desk,” Jungle added. His comment was not directed at Swat, rather the young lady he was with.

Jungle never took his attention off Swat. But he does hear the girl gather up her things and leave. Swat mumbled a few curse words under his breath.

“What do you want?” Swat reluctantly asked.

“I want you to give Stopper a buzz.”

“What?”

“Did I stutter?” The Dark Warrior asked.

“No, but-”

“Call him or I’ll kill you and then track down someone else to do it.”

A deathly darkness surrounds us. A faint ceiling light reveals the outline of a long desk with a heavyset ‘bot seated behind – Stopper. A holographic image of Jungle is at current projected on his desk. It is roughly a tenth of Jungle’s normal size.

“I understand your situation, Jungle,” Stopper stated. His voice was flat, was cold. “Unfortunately we have since discontinued that branch of our research. You have encountered first hand the results of those experiments. So our decision should come as no surprise.”

A holographic image of Stopper seated behind his desk vanishes. Pulling back we find Jungle, still present in Swat’s room. Swat is seated in a chair, bound by restraints.

Growling, Jungle crushes the comm. with his hand, then storms out of the room. Swat calls out to him but Jungle does not give him any acknowledgment. The bull’s prior discarded plating still covered the floor.

Temperance’s ship, the Perrigan, takes off from a pad.

Black Commy coughs violently. Temperance lifts up the portion of the Carcanen’s mask that covers his mouth and then tilts his head so that he is able to spit up into a bucket. From the doorway, Jungle watches, but is gone by the time Temperance looks over.

“I know you’re here,” Black Commy states. “What is it father? Do I sicken you? You sicken me. Given the chance I’ll still kill you.”

“Hey cat,” we hear Temperance state.

He was no longer in his battle suit. He was in his hover chair and wearing civilian clothing. Jungle comes into view as he deactivates his cloak field. They were outside. Dawn was approaching.

“T,” Jungle replies. “Your legs still haven’t healed, I see.”

“Fortunately not.”

“Some wounds don’t heal.”

“I don’t believe that. Some wounds just take longer to heal then others.”

Jungle mumbles a few words that can’t be made out. Obviously the Dark Warrior did not share Temperance’s view.

“He called out to you,” Temperance speaks up with.

“What?” Jungle asked.

“Black Commy. He called out to you in his sleep. At some level cat, he wants you here.”

“I got that impression.”

“Jungle-”

Jungle is no longer there.

Temperance merely shook his head back and forth. Jungle’s disappearing act was past the point of ‘old’.

Sitting on the ground, Jungle leans against a tree. Looking upward, he closes his eyes. He came across as a man who had just lost a fight. Maybe he had. He hears Khanny approach.

“Did you get a chance to look around the CA station at all?”

“Some,” Jungle stated without looking toward him.

“The name Cybertronian Alpha seems to be bad luck,” Khanny added.

Jungle smirked. “You’re slagg’n right about that. I bet CaVin could attest.”

“He had a place on all three CAs, didn’t he?” Khanny asked.

“I believe so. I was never on the first one. He has a new establishment near the outer rim. I was there recently.”

“I may have to look him up for old time’s sake.”

“Just don’t mention my name. Jen, Cyan and I recently caused a bit of damage there,” Jungle retorted.

“CaVin just can’t ever catch a break, can he?”

“Not from us,” responded Jungle.

Khanny laughed. “Remember when we first met?”

“Yeah. I broke into your greenhouse.”

Khanny smirks, but he becomes serious there after.

Khanny states, “have you talked to Black-”

“I killed his father. Did you know that?” Jungle asks.

“Yes.”

“I just reacted. I just reacted and…”

“You took him in and tried to make things right, Jungle. That is more then most people would have done. I know that much for a fact.”

“A lot of good that did the boy, Khanny. A lot of good that did. The Greater Force abducted him, aged him and transformed him into, into…”

“Jungle, when the woman I was involved with turned out to be a Predacon spy who was only after the research I was conducting, do you remember what you said to me?”

“No.”

Khanny didn’t believe him, but he said it anyway. He knew how Jungle could be sometimes. “You told me to not dwell on the things that couldn’t be changed. That I should focus on the happy moments and be, and I quote, be damn happy for them for they are all too few.”

There is silence.

“You obviously have a lot of regrets, Jungle. Don’t add to them.”

Jungle slides a blade across Black Commy’s restraints.

“What are you doing?” Black Commy asks.
“Giving you a chance.”

Crossing his arms, the Dark Warrior put his back to Black Commy.

Having found freedom, Black Commy rose to his feet.

Staggering to maintain balance, he throws a punch. The cat rotates and catches the fist. Black Commy swings his free hand, but Jungle catches that one too.

Black Commy collapses into Jungle.

Jungle catches him.

The embrace becomes a mutual one.

“Father.”

“Son.”

We are at the same site as DeVin’s marker. A funeral pyre burned a short distance away. There stands Jungle in addition to Temperance and Khanny. Also present are Malarius, Icerunner and Pyre.

Ice breaks from her embrace with Pyre in order to place her arm around the cat. There were no words spoken as words could not begin to describe. However, for a moment the gravity of the situation is reflected upon his face as strength borrowed from the snow leopard had allowed such a feat possible. She is strained by the weight of his frame but doesn’t falter. Ice’s presence allowed all the barriers within the panther to shatter – if only for a moment.

Temperance and Jungle lock eyes.
Jungle nods.
Temperance returns it.

A silent ‘thank you,’ followed by a ‘you’re welcome,’ had just been exchanged.

Epiloge:

He hadn’t been paying attention.
Then again, neither had she.

The pair collide.

Looks of anger however are replaced by looks of recognition.

“You again? I’m beginning to think you’re stalking me, Jungle.”
“Don’t flatter yourself, Jen.”

“Where are you going, anyway?”

“Don’t really know,” Jungle responded, looking like and sounding as if he had just been to the pit.

“Well it looks like you’re going to have company at least part of the way,” Jennifer stated having eyed Jungle’s transport assignment. It was identical to the one she held.

Jungle shrugged, perking up. “Could be worse, I suppose.”

“How?” Jen asked.

“One of us could be Squirrely.”

Jennifer smirked.

A smile is exchanged between the two.

Fin

Last edited by Jungle on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Part 6:?

I was planning on writing a story where everyone teamed up to stop the team up of Dark Pyre and Red Jungle.

IE - Jungle, Jennifer Scott, Icerunner, Pyre, Cyan, Temperance, Khanny.

Atheist would have been back in a major way - questions of who the person was that Pyre captured in Part 2 would have been answered as well as what happened to Alpha and Omega at the end of Part 3 and why exactly they where at CaVin's in Part 3.

The MSP would have been back and the question of why Alert wanted Ice's MIS data tracks in Part 4 would have been answered.

Jungle and Jennifer Scott would have taken the lead roles and Jungle's nature would have been explored deeper, such as why he allowed himself to spent a year in solitary in Part 2 and how everything from Part 1 - Part 5 had changed him.

I wrote these starting with Part 1 in 11/2004 and ending with Part 5 in 12/2005.

Then I was focused on the ill-fated Wiki... I got a new job and I plum forgot about these until the other day. Will there be a Part 6 and possibly Part 7 to wrap everything up? Maybe but who knows... it's been 7 years since I penned these. Hard to believe, 7 years.

I first stummbled to the Axalon in 1997 and here it is 2012. WOW. Not much goes on here nowadays, I know. But not a month passes were I don't find myself here a few times to see what's up. I missed this place when it went down for well over a year. If this place would go down and never come back... it would be truely missed.

Learning to write on this board has served me well.

The HTML didn't mix too well with the board code but the character descriptions and background information can be found at the old trusty website: http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/cybertronianinfo/

Well, for what this is worth, there you have it.

Hopefully Pyre, Ice, Techno and Ribo will have enjoyed seeing their characters in action one more time. Same with mrbus and Temperance.

If anyone desires to leave a comment, feel free... the rest is silence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 am 

I enjoyed reading your fics again Jungle. Thank you for posting them. If you do write parts 6 & 7, I would be very interested to read them too :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 am 

Brings me back. Thanks for posting them J.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:36 am 

I've been slowly rewriting and updating some of my old character sheets, including a few characters that have never been seen here on AUG. I only have two written up currently, though a few more are stewing on my HD.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]