The Axalon RPG

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Sensory Viewing Chamber (OoC Discussion)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:29 am 

I like Emerald quite a bit. She's got zazz! Often times I'm looking around going, 'we need more zazz', and in comes Fish to zazz it up. Zazz. In fact, I've been kicking around the idea of a bar-based story myself for a little while now, I should sit down and see if I can write it.

Thanks for the update, Tarry, good to hear from you. I'm pretty patient when it comes to Metal Frontier. Remember back on Crime Cybertronian when I used to get impatient and take it personally and bemoan my subpar modding skills any time there was a long break in posting? Now I relax and enjoy it a little more. It helps that there's a lot of really good writers lurking around here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Tarry, I hear you about being busy. Between a big website launch for work, the holidays, and just general day to day whatever, Axalon was honestly pushed out of my mind for a while there. But there's nothing like some tales of Sphinx to bring it back. So, while I've still got little time to put digits to keyboard, those two fragments I've got going here are turning in my mind again. Right now, trying to make the mental leaps from the static web of characters, world and backstory into actually telling a story. Something I read recently that rang true: In writing a story 90% of the work is under the surface. So while I think I've always tried to put a lot into the characters and scenarios, I'm trying to push myself creatively and resist my first instinct to lay it all out in exposition.

Oh, on staying in contact, I'm pretty much always on Skype and never on AIM anymore. Oh, and I do have a Google Wave invite sitting around somewhere but haven't had the time/inclination to try it out yet. It seems like a possibly useful for writing/RPing sort of thing though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 pm 

I found something in my contract recently. If I started a fiction prior to my current project, I am allowed to continue. I am not allowed to start a new fiction or contribute to another's fiction until late 2011. I have come into some boredom lately. I am thinking about continuing Battle for Cuoc Sung and Dawn of the Eaters. Human Error was Zevais' creation (Zev has a different contract since I am more of a consultant/editor on our project together.); I can't continue on that, and Cocytus Blues would be pushing the limits of my contract since it is a Metal Frontier continuation.

Psycko, I think you are the only one I've seen around here recently. Do you want to see some new content from my end? Even if I do not get a response soon, I may just start sharing anyhow; I can always pretend that someone is reading.

I am going to be reading through DWA: Mirrors of the Djinn later or tomorrow. I have skimmed it, and I am definitely interested. I will give some serious feedback after I do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm 

I just realized that I said tomorrow when I posted last. Thanksgiving family arrangements took over my life for a short while. I have begun reading Mirrors of the Djinn, yet I have not finish. I doubt I will tonight either. I would have posted something reguarding my fiction by this weekend, but I have my wife's christmas party to attend. I am enjoying Mirrors of the Djinn so far; I am widthholding until I have read it completely to describe my enjoyment in any detail. Though I do find more humor in the fiction if I replace feline with rabbit as I read along. I was always stickler for the tortoise and the hare.

I am starting to wonder why our resident character, Alice, never had a tortoise bot as a nemesis at some point... especially since she is the hyper-ish type. I can see some nefarious villian trying to slow her down.

Page 3 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3