Speed: 6
Brawling: 6
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 6
Aim: 10
Courage: 10
Toughness: 5

Description
Robot Mode: Sunset is a lithe and fit Maximal femmebot, who has modified her design in recent years to be thinner, tougher, a little taller and more muscular. She has a body of mostly brown and silver- her torso, pelvis, forearms and shins are all colored an earthy brown, while her biceps, thighs, head, and waist are a once-shiny silver dulled to a nondescript gray. She has a face that would be considered cute but not jaw-droppingly gorgeous- sharp blue optics, a somewhat larger than usual nose, and prominent cheekbones and chin. At seemingly random places on her body does her coyote beast mode's fur protrude- like her elbows, her knees, and hanging down in a ponytail from the back of her head, a few sensibly short strands falling over her forehead. She wears a faded brown duster coat with a few pockets in the front and a couple of hidden pockets inside. Around her waist is a loosely slung belt with two holsters in it containing her revolvers- her ammo is stored in the pockets. Also in one hidden pocket is a rumpled picture of a Maximal bot with a wolf beast mode, along with a crucifix on a chain. Sunset has a slow, leisurely gait, always seeming to take in things around her with those sharp blue optics. She has a husky kind of tomboy's voice.

Beast Mode: An Earth-style coyote, not native to Dustball or any other worlds on S-321. Tends to stand out to some for just that reason, but Sunset never has bothered to flee from attention. She has earthy brown fur, retains her surpassingly intelligent optics, and has fearsome-looking fangs and claws in this mode. In beast mode she can run much faster, and squeeze her way in through tight spaces. She always removes her coat before she transforms, and as a wolf folds it up gingerly into a hidden compartment somewhere on her.

Weapons
Dual Revolvers- When it comes to weapons, Sunset prefers simple but reliable. These fit the bill admirably. Her guns of choice are a pair of long-barreled revolvers that hold eight bullets to a chamber, which fire modified armor-piercing bullets capable of punching through medium-thickness armor and denting thick armor. Light armor will part like tissue paper before them. She keeps the guns in her belt holsters, always ready for a quick draw, and spare ammunition in her duster pockets. She is constantly practicing on drawing faster, and perhaps more importantly, reloading faster.
Shooting Style: Sunset may carry two guns, but does not believe in the diving-while-firing-both-at-once method. It may look cool, but it's also sloppy and you're apt to hit everything but the targets. Sunset never fires her guns in haste- she takes her time, lines up her sights, and makes the shot. The purpose of carrying two guns at once is to improve her firing rate; she rarely fires both on one target at once, instead choosing to fire the right revolver, then the left, then the right- constantly readjusting her aim, swapping targets, always calm, always steady, until bodies litter the ground around her.
Hunting Rifle- For the long-distance shootout, Sunset packs a rifle with which to exercise her deadly accuracy from afar. This rifle has a long barrel and brass magnifying-glass scope attached, as well as a walnut-and-steel stock made for bashing in a close-up opponent's brains when the ammo runs low. It fires long sharp rifle rounds that will perforate medium-thickness armor and heavily damage heavy armor- however, Sunset sacrifices a lot of firing speed with this. She can hold up to eight rounds, and has to eject the spent casing after each shot. She keeps spare rounds in her duster pocket, either hanging the rifle over her back while on the move or disassembling the rifle into component parts and carrying it in her pockets and hidden body compartments.
Shooting Style: As stated above, Sunset will use her rifle mainly for sniping, but she will also employ it for medium-range shootouts where her revolvers are either depleted or not as reliable. Lining up targets in the scope takes too long, so she presses the rifle stock to her shoulder and relies on line-of-sight to pick enemies off of rooftops or distant rock formations, marching quickly along the streets, ducking behind handy barricades to reload or eject casings.
Bowie Knife- Based on the historical design of a classic Earth knife, this is Sunset's melee weapon of choice. The blade is nine inches long, reinforced with soft metal strips on the back to absorb shock. The blade tapers inward on one side of the point, the edge kept smooth and sawteeth-free to ease it sliding in and out as quickly as possible. The handle is made of curved ivory, seeming to lend itself to being thrown as well as stabbed. Sunset keeps this in a sheath on her belt, where it will usually stay- she prefers to let her guns talk for her.
Fighting Style: In the event that an opponent confronts her with a knife and Sunset has no choice but to draw hers, she will not play around and she will not prolong the encounter. She prefers to duck in close, taking quick swipes at non-vital areas, first trying to deter her opponent. If he continues, she'll start going for areas that will really hurt, sinking in the knife and drawing it out quick, sometimes giving it a little twist if need be. This can occasionally take her to a strange place, where she'll become much more violent and coldly brutal. She doesn't like to go there, so more often she'll simply clip, wound, maybe just bash an annoying opponent around the forehead with the end of the handle. The knife tends to more often be used for other tasks like repairing ropes or cutting up meat or a bit of idle whittling.

Equipment
Medical Kit- Sunset keeps this small field supplies kit in a widened inside pocket in her coat for quick on-the-spot repairs. It is contained in a metal box about eight inches long, four inches wide, and three inches deep. This kit contains a small portable welder that runs on batteries, jumper cables for a quick spark boost, a pair of metal tongs for removing bullets, a small set of tools for repairing internal machinery, a suture set, disinfectant, and bandages for organics, a lighter, and a couple of tubes of painstakingly extracted intestibeastia caedo plant aloe. The kit also contains a a small flask of very powerful liquor, good for what ails you.

Skills
Expert: Firearms
Expert: Riding
Knives: Basic
Marksmanship
Medical: General

Personality
Sunset likes things basic, and it reflects in her personality. She used to be a warmer, more approachable femmebot, but recent years and events have turned her a little colder, more introverted, and more willing to let others make their own mistakes. Sunset has compassion, but it is of a hard nature- she'll give you enough rope, and whether or not you hang yourself with it is your choice. In her work as a freelance bounty hunter, she'll try to bring a bounty in alive but has no more compunctions with killing the target if she has to. Sunset never accepts money for killing a bounty, she'll feel almost ill if she does. Instead she divides up the money among her crew, if she has one at the time, or puts it back towards the community. She makes her spare money by taking odd jobs from town to town- she has at different times since arriving in S-321, worked as a carpenter, a train porter, a cattle hand, a bar maid, a shoemaker, a miner, an oil driller- she never stays at a job long, but always distinguishes herself for good work and quiet competence before moving on her way.
Sunset derives pleasure from seemingly menial tasks such as these- simple physical labor out under the sun, preferably where her co-workers leave her to simply do her work and get lost in her own thoughts. She lives very hand-to-mouth, dividing up what money she makes for energon, for shelter, for essentials. She has quickly gotten up a reputation as a fierce and reliable bounty hunter, dreaded by some and admired by others. She has responded to her local notoriety with bemusement- she is at times simply amused and at others a little flattered. That younger, more innocent self is still alive inside her- she still likes to laugh when something strikes her funny, and still likes to tell stories about the more exciting and humorous adventures she's been on. Given that she rarely strikes up conversations with people and many don't approach her out of some kind of awe, she tends to sit by herself at the bar, nursing a beer and reading a book- her one gratuity in life. Sunset loves to read, and has a few library cards on Westbrook and Dustball. She especially likes to learn new abilities from books- that's where she learned to field-dress wounds and the history of the colonies, and a couple of little things like how to perform parlor tricks and play chess. At one point, in fact, Sunset wanted to be a writer- her dream was always to have something published. She seems to have, if not abandoned, set that dream aside for now.
Sunset is quiet but nice enough around those she knows are decent, only opening up and growing a little more talkative after they've gained more of her trust. When it comes to criminals, however, her tolerance for them drops sharply, especially if they've done things to hurt people and are completely remorseless. Sunset has a system of one second chance- no third chance exists. She won't take money for killing, but she has no problem with accepting the full bounty on hauling your ass to jail. She has few connections on Dustball, living an introverted and nomadic life, but there are a couple that are significant. Fenrir, a femmebot with whom Sunset has run a few down a few bounties, is the closest thing to a friend Sunset has, and the only bot around she's opened up to at all. Then there's Disaster, the infamous terrorist, who Sunset has an as yet unexplained history with. He has become her white whale, the bounty she is obsessed with, and she will not allow him to get away again.

History
Sunset's early history is a mystery, and she's taken steps to keep it that way. She was constructed not very long ago and raised by Maximal parents, but all signs point to two things- she's had some domestic violence in her past, and she comes from a colonial upbringing. To those who were familiar with her, Sunset was always a little uncomfortable with big-city life and it showed- she has always preferred the quiet of the colonies. So why move to the hustle and bustle of Cybertron? Sunset wanted to make her living as a writer, but a natural talent for gunslinging, honed in a few conflicts back on the colonies, led her to pursue a life of action as part of her rebellious, excitable 'teenage' years. She applied to a police academy, but did not mesh with the rules and regulations and overbearing authority figures, so quickly dropped out of her courses.
She started to take odd jobs- security, bodyguarding, whatever fit. Her hatred of criminals was sharpened as she occasionally found herself on the wrong side of the law, dealing with some truly amoral types. While working a larceny job, she met a young femmebot named Invoice who was to be the team's elite hacker. Invoice was a willing and sympathetic audio receptor to Sunset's frustration and disgust with the path she'd taken, and in turn, Sunset's passion for doing good rubbed off on Invoice, who showed her true colors when she sabotaged the hack job and made an escape for herself and Invoice. The two became fast friends, bonding within the chaos of Crystal City, and started to make a name for themselves as a bounty hunting team- Sunset on the field and Invoice on the computer.
They worked together in this way for a while, gaining infamy among the criminal set, until the pursuit of a target who'd committed some particularly heinous crimes pushed Sunset over the edge, and caused her to kill him. But this mark was a high-profile 'bot, a politician in fact, and Sunset made the news that same night. Sick with remorse and guilt, she convinced Invoice to flee Crystal City with her, and they moved to the crime-ridden metropolis of Prime City. They lied low for a while, avoiding the police, until Sunset found herself meeting her first love- Crucifix, a mute, religious young gunslinger in a white trenchcoat. The two bonded, found themselves spending more and more time together, although their respective emotional issues made for some pitfalls along the way. Invoice became more and more of a third wheel, though she didn't note much about it at the time.
One fateful week, Crucifix and Sunset were both drafted by different sides to take care of a terrorist uprising at the Exodus Alpha scientific R&D facility in Cybertropolis: Sunset by the military, Crucifix by the criminal underworld. Unaware of each other's presence in the facility at first, they descended into the facility where they met the masterminds of the takeover- RENEGADE, an elite military squad turned rogue. Its leader, a madman and zealot named Prodigy, was revealed as the long-missing twin brother of Crucifix, the two products of an Infinitech super-soldier creation program. His plan to activate the war-mech Perdition and lay waste to Cybertropolis was a failure thanks to Crucifix, but during the struggle Sunset was apparently killed, and a grieving Crucifix went off on his own. Sunset's body was taken by emergency workers actually sent by the corrupt CEO of Infinitech, Infinity, and her schematics stolen for further research.
Split off from Crucifix, totally unaware of his whereabouts, Sunset awoke in a hospital with no memory of the Exodus Alpha crisis past the point where she'd been killed. Seeking out information with the help of an increasingly dubious Invoice, she tracked her missing time to Infinity and confronted the CEO in her office. Infinity played dumb, showing off her impressive legal team, and then finally tried to bribe Sunset- who left in a rage, vowing to bring her to justice. The war between the two escalated over a period of months, with Infinity always just out of reach, and at a pivotal moment, when a difficult sting operation had succeeded in finding evidence of Infinity's wrongdoing, Invoice revealed that Infinity was her mother, and deleted the evidence- apparently betraying Sunset. That was the only time Sunset ever struck her best friend, and was struck back- the hot-headed, heartbreaking argument of two friends who each believe they are doing the right thing.
Sunset had had enough. Her lover was missing, maybe dead. Her best friend had stabbed her in the back. Sunset returned home. She took the next shuttle out to the colonies; an older, quieter, perhaps wiser femmebot than had originally left them. There our story starts to obscure the line between fact and legend. Over the next few years, Sunset moved from colony world to colony world, finally settling on Westbrook. There she lived for some time, until an unknown incident caused her to leave that world and head to Dustball. Some say she was involved in the Tranquil Valley Slaughter, leading her to hunt Disaster still today. No one's quite sure. But she has accrued a reputation as a fierce and reliable bounty hunter, and kept this winding and dramatic history quite to herself. Sunset has a lot of stories she could tell you, especially about herself. But she prefers to sit in the back, read her book, and mind her own business- and let the past stay in the past.

Quotes
"Everyone's got something to answer for. I'm no different."

Post subject: Re: Approved Character List
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 pm 

Editor's Note: Information on the interplanetary terrorist known as Disaster is spotty at best. The following document, to be seen only by those authorized for this knowledge by select members of the UCCA and individual colony governments, compiles eyewitness accounts and professional analysis to try and provide some useful background on this man.

General Info
Name: Disaster
Aliases: The Tranquil Valley Butcher
Faction: Predacon
Height: Believed to be around 9 feet

Legal Status: Criminal

Statistics
(Numerical values assigned by a professional statistician for use in combat simulations.)
Speed: 4
Brawling: 9
Firepower: 8
Aim: 7
Toughness: 10

Description
Robot Mode:
"I got a good look at him, all right. I should've- our squad had been following his trail for better'n two weeks. He covered his tracks well, kept doubling back, changing his route. I believe he knew he was bein' followed, and altered his plans accordingly. He got the jump on us while we were passing through this narrow gorge down by Sootsburgh, we were packed in, sittin' ducks. He weaved between the rocks, I saw my men fall one after the other, and then he was right in front of me. I never seen such a brute, sir. Black as sin, and built like a brick shithouse. Towering over me, with spikes sticking out on his shoulders and forearms. He wore this tore-up old red cloak, with a hood hung low over his face and his arms stickin' out. His spider legs were stickin' out the back, all bunched up, I remember how they kinda twitched while he walked, like they wanted to spill out and grab someone. Massive feet, clawed toes, I remember that well because the rocks cracked underneath him when he jumped down in front a' me. But the part that I remember the best were his eyes. They were...orange. You wouldn't think orange is a scary color, but when he was bent down and starin' right at me, orange was about the worst color in the world. He hit me then, with those big beefy arms of his, and I must've cracked my head on a rock, made him think I was dead. I was woke up by a doctor a couple of hours later. My squad was wiped out. I didn't see no 'bot that day. I saw a demon in a red cloak."
-transcribed from an interview with Lt. Lockfire of the 103rd division, Maximal Armed Forces

Beast Mode:
"Who'd have thought such a beast was native to Dustball? In all my studies this is absolutely unprecedented. My wife saw it first, and called for me at once. I emerged from our tent and saw it, a glimpse that I hastened to capture photographic evidence of. A monstrous tarantula crawling over the far-off hill! It had a hue of darkest black with a blood-red series of bands on its legs, and orange eyes. I must apologize for the vague nature of this description, but my thoughts are all disarranged at this time. The size of the thing! It could have swallowed my daughter whole. Where could such a massive arachnid nest on so barren a planet? What does it feed upon? I will consider this matter in greater depth before setting out to see if more of its kind exists."
-an excerpt from the diary of Dr. John MacCallister, human settler on Dustball and expert in etymology and anthropology

Weapons
"Disaster seems to be a minimalist when it comes to the amount of extraneous weapons he carries. I've spoken with law enforcement officers who survived encounters with him in the field, and it was their experience that he primarily relied on a real hand-cannon, a modified magnum revolver. The barrel was widened, ostensibly to allow for the firing of some different kind of bullet. It must have been effective, as these men spoke of their fellow officers being blasted off their feet from one point-blank shot. The weapon is jet black, hidden somewhere in his cloak. He is not the fastest fighter, but he surely has a fearsome quick draw. They said he kept knives, and more than a couple of them. Nasty-looking things, long as my forearm, with serrated edges and spring-blades in the handles. And the body modifications? One poor fellow was caught in an avalanche caused by the firing of several rockets at once, apparently launched from the ends of Disaster's spider legs, arcing out even while he remained gunfighting in robot mode. I can't guess at what else the man carries, though I've heard he is a stickler for explosives and automatic weapons in the more chaotic situations."
-provided by Arsenal, military historian and weaponry expert

Skills

Personality
"In my history as a criminal psychologist, I have had opportunity to study the minds of the worst among us. Murderers, rapists, madmen, and zealots. Although I have never met Disaster face-to-face, I believe him to be absolutely unique among the criminal minds I have studied. Those who commit crimes have their own form of rationalization- they justify their actions according to the demands of their own moral barometers, skewed though it may seem to the rest of us. As I will show over the course of this evaluation, Disaster has no moral barometer to speak of, no internal sense of right and wrong- and yet, he is not irrational and he is not petulant. At first appearance, he seems to operate on instinct, but that would be a very dangerous assumption to make. Disaster thinks, and he plans.
"Let me stress that simply tracking down survivors of encounters with Disaster was difficult. He is known as a fierce and merciless fighter, who prefers to leave no witnesses alive. These survivors I have spoken with seem to have escaped chiefly on the basis of being too inconvenient to kill- i.e., Disaster was escaping from reinforcements and saw finishing off neutralized assailants off a waste of time, or used them to distract the others so he could make good his escape.
"I spoke to these men and woman and, understand, these are battle-hardened veterans who have encountered dangerous criminals before. They said that he was unusual in that he professed no political affiliation, he showed no particular desire for money or respect, he did not go off on a classic villain's 'rant' or laugh maniacally, he did not engage in any attempts at humor or even go out of his way to be threatening. What he spoke, he did. He accomplished his plans in the broadest strokes possible. And when in battle, he moved without delay, eliminating all opposition with quick and shocking brutality. He derived no visible enjoyment from this- rather, the impression was that of a man dispatching flies with a swatter or a rolled-up newspaper. His enemies were simply distractions to be swept aside. But if this is so, why act so brutally? I have given this facet of Disaster's personality some thought, and believe it to be the key to understanding his mindset. It is because Disaster believes not in king or country or god, but in anarchy and strength. He acts because not to act is not to exist.
"I make this claim with some justification, for I have had the opportunity to speak with a surviving hostage. This femmebot insisted very strongly that she remain anonymous. I asked her to relate Disaster's manner over the course of the day in which he and a few accomplices held her and several other bank employees at gunpoint. He cracked the vault, leaving the money for his men and showing no interest in it himself- taking only a couple of old lockboxes that contained files and personal effects. She said he was seemingly impatient, for he paced constantly, prowling back and forth like a caged animal. I suggest that this was not impatience, but a need for motion, an inability to stand still. My interviewee said that Disaster did not press himself upon her or the other femmebots, showing no interest in them, but took no steps to prevent his accomplices from doing so. However, when one of the hostages- or for that matter, one of the accomplices- did anything to even provide him minor annoyance or inconvenience, he quickly and without warning attacked them. By the time the authorities entered the bank to try to stop him, his accomplices were dead and so were half the hostages. The others died in the crossfire. Disaster dispatched the lawmen and left. If he thought of the surviving hostage at all, he must not have deemed her fit to 'waste a shell on', as she put it.
"Disaster is dangerous game, to be sure. He is now the highest paying bounty in the colonies. I implore all lawmen or hunters seeking this 'bot to remember that he plays by no rules, and seemingly has no weaknesses, no loves or concerns through which he can be negotiated with or controlled. The general consensus is that he deserves no mercy, because he shows none and understands none. And I, unfortunately, find myself forced to agree."
-analysis provided by Dr. Freschtine, criminal psychologist with Maximal law enforcement

History
"equest for prisoner transpor has en approved. Stay of execution granted by Tripreda s Cou il.
isoner #D462 to be moved at 0900 cycles. Exercise extre ca tion"
-partially burnt note recovered from remains of Predacon prison fire

"The Graycoats are really pushing hard. We lost thirty-eight men in that last skirmish, and fifteen more injured. Sergeant says supplies are running low- the men aren't supposed to know, but I heard him radioing to HQ. Command says this outpost is vital to Predacon interests on this planet, and cannot be allowed to fall under the Graycoats. Command says they're sending in some kind of a weapon. Says 'he' will be delivered at sundown. What do they mean, 'he'? What kind of weapon is this?"
-Excerpt from journal of Private First Class Shatter, dated during the middle of the Pioneers' War

"We rode out today, and we're well into the desert now. They call him 'Disaster', and the name fits. He slaughtered the Graycoats, all right- he also killed any ally soldiers who came too close. Command calls it 'acceptable margin of loss'. I suppose that losing good Predacon men is alright, but losing a valuable weapon isn't. Disaster went AWOL two weeks ago. Our orders are to recover him alive. Sounds like bullshit to me. Disaster is a deserter and a traitor. Oh, we can attempt to bring him in alive, but this is dangerous country and accidents do happen. I anticipate a timely 'recovery'."
-Excerpt from journal of Predacon Secret Police agent Hazard

"This may be my last entry. We thought it'd be a cinch, he was leaving such an easy trail. He left that trail on purpose. Disaster came after sundown, picked off my men one by one. My leg was crushed; I've been bleeding out steadily. I emptied a clip into his chest! It seemed to do little more than irritate him. He's outside this cave somewhere. I can hear that spider mode scrabbling around on the rocks. He'll smell me. He'll come for me. I have one more clip of ammunition. I don't think it'll be enough.
If this journal is found, please locate my"
-Excerpt from journal of Predacon Secret Police agent Hazard, dated three days later- journal entry is partially stained with mechfluid

"Sure, I saw him. Creepiest customer I ever had. Big guy wearing this dirty red cloak comes into my shop, starts scooping all the ammo I have off the shelf. Some energon and repair supplies too, big armful of stuff. He walks up to the counter and dumps it all there without saying a word. Points to the rack behind me where I keep the guns, says he wants the biggest handgun I have and the full automatic. I take 'em down and give them to him, then he says he wants the shotgun too. So I take that down, and he pulls out this gigantic knife! I stop dead there, sure he means to spill my inner circuits all over the floor. He takes that knife and starts sawing off the barrel of the shotgun right then and there. I dunno why I said it, musta been a temporary loss of brain power, but I says,
'Hey, mister, you can't go and do that. You ain't bought it yet, plus UCCA regs is against sawed-off-'
"He just stops and gives me this look, like a real killer's look, and I get wise and shut up. He finished sawing off the barrel, and leaves the sawed part on my counter while pocketing the shotgun. All the other stuff he takes too, puts it in his cloak. I'm about to say the price of it all, only I really don't want to say anything more to this guy. But I don't have to- he reaches in his pocket and takes out a wad of credits and drops 'em on the counter. I get a good look- it's enough for what he took and then some, but the bills are all stained with mechfluid. Well, sir, I just real quietly took those bills and put 'em in the register. He turned around and left, and I reckon I don't want to know where he was going."
-transcribed from an interview with Finagle, general store clerk on Westbrook, dated two weeks before the Tranquil Valley Slaughter.

Known Crimes
Acts of terrorism
Murder, first degree
Assault and battery
Manslaughter
Arson
Possession of illegal weapons
Destruction of UCCA property and private property
Grand larceny
Conspiracy to overthrow the government

Current Reward For Capture: 500,000 credits

Post subject: Pistonhoof
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

General Info
Name:
Pistonhoof
Aliases: Fumes
Faction: Maximal
Height: 13ft
Theme: TBD (too many road songs to choose from)

Legal Status: Bounty Hunter

Statistics

Strength: 9
Speed: 9
Brawling: 5
Intelligence: 6
Firepower: 5
Aim: 8
Courage: 5
Toughness: 9

Description
Robot Mode:

Pistonhoof is a tall, lanky bot, but no one would mistake him for a stick figure. He's handsome, with muscularly molded robot parts, and legs thicker than some bots' torsos. Well, really small bots anyway. Light brown scales cover his chest, with a backbone running down the center between his pectorals. His metal is bronze, and still has some of its shine. Pistonhoof has been through a lot of wear and tear, but most of it in beast mode. His face is handsome, with red optics and a prominent square jaw.

Pistonhoof carries a fair bit of gear on his shell. Like most bots, he's got a holster on his hip. Outlines of storage compartments are visible on his thighs, where he carries spare magazines and cartridges in thigh compartments. He's got some bulkier gear on his back: a saddle, a lizardskin saddlebag, a long coil of black nanotube rope, and a large, folded down rifle.

Beast Mode: Gitalawn Scaleback
The Gitalawn is an extinct species of scaleback from a time when Dustball was a little bit cooler and wetter, and had large regions of grassland. The Gitalan was mostly herbivorous, and compared to living scalebacks was more refined in build, and a faster runner over long distances. It is easily distinguished from modern scalebacks by its flat and wedge shaped teeth, smaller mouth and larger cheeks, sleeker overall appearance and smaller hooves. It is not known if Gitalawns evolved into modern scalebacks, or went completely extinct, but either way the planet dried up, and the successful scalebacks that emerged had become predators, and in addition to sharp teeth have wider hooves, sometimes with sharp jagged edges, that they use to stomp on prey, and are better sprinters. A fair number of Gitalawns have been cloned from fossil DNA, however their bone structure is too fragile to serve as mounts except for the smallest TFs and organic species, and though docile, they tend to scare easily. There is an ongoing effort at scientifically aided crossbreeding between Gitalawns and modern scalebacks.

Pistonhoof is 7ft tall at the front shoulder, and 11 feet long with his head and tail fully extended. His scaley skin is mostly light brown, ranging to tan on his underside, with some mottled green scales on his back and neck. He wears a saddle and reins, with a brown lizardskin saddlebag and long coiled length of black rope behind the saddle. His saddle has a small display attached to the front, which gives the running tally of how much his fare owes.

Weapons

Remington Model 2317 Longshot Rifle - Long barrelled semi-automatic rifle. Has a fold-out holographic sight assist attached to the stock, and detachable bipot stand. From a resting position, using both attachments, Pistonhoof can hit a stationary target at 1200 meters, and moving targets at 500-900m. Standing or sitting, his effective range is roughly half that. The gun is about 6 feet long, but light for its size, and uses high caliber ammo capable of piercing most armors, but is not compatable with the more deadly military grade sniper rounds. Rounds are held in a 6 shot cylindrical magazine, loaded on the underside of the barrel. Two loaded backup magazines and a moderate supply of loose ammo are stored in a compartment in his right thigh. He may install an automatic magazine loading mechanism there if he ever has the spare creds for it. Stored on his back in robot mode, with the stock folded.

DTC H73 Personal Defense Pistol - Cheap, reliable, popular civilian pistol. Fires standard ammo from a magazine loaded in the handle, twelve rounds to a clip. Pistonhoof uses this mostly to help convince cheap fares to pay. Carries one backup clip and a small box of ammo.

Nearest Blunt Object - Pistonhoof is big, with long arms, and if he has to brawl he perfers to do it with something big he can whack bots over the head with. He can't justify the extra weight and space of carrying around a big club all the time though, and he doesn't have a subspace pocket, so he'll try and find the nearest rock or barstool or something if a brawl breaks out.

Equipment

Saddle and Harness - Can't expect the clients to ride bareback, can you? Some riders like to direct him by tugging on the reins, others by saying "Go left," and either way is fine by Pistonhoof, but he only takes them as suggestions. He makes it quite clear to his riders that he's the driver.

Mounting points - Retractable metal handles that come out of openings in his beast mode skin, and are attached directly to his frame. Used for carrying and towing. Two in the front on either side of his shoulders, two in the back by his hips.

Saddlebag - Carries basic essentials for life out in the bush, including cleaning and basic repair implements, spare horseshoes, sandshoes (see below), and a small set of fold-out solar panels. He's only needed the solar panels once, and it took three days of full sunlight to power him up enough to get back to town, but three days in stasis lock still beats eternity.

Carbon Nanotube Rope - Black rope, used for hauling and occaisionally tieing up a bounty. Resists fraying and cutting, and is rated to carry much larger loads that Pistonhoof is.

Fare Calculator - Small display screen mounted to the front of his saddle shows his fare how much they owe by the nanoclick. A set of electrical contacts pressed against his skin link it to his internal computer. It uses an elaborate calculation method based on weight, speed, distance, idle time and discount rate. Cute fembots get a discount rate, getting shot at or being an accessory to a crime carries a surcharge.

Sandshoes - Long, flat attachments for the bottom of Pistonhoof's hooves, for walking over soft sand without sinking in.

Skills
Driving - Mount (like horse riding, except he's the horse)
Tracking
Firearms: Rifles
Hauling
Navigation: Dustball. Knows every town and landmark, and the quickest ways in between them - or the least traveled ways, if that's what you prefer.
Survival: Desert

Personality
He's been living on Dustball most of his life, but Pistonhoof is always an outsider. He takes his rest cycles in campsites, scaleback stalls, a hotel when he's got some coin and wants a good night's sleep, maybe someone's spare room who's willing to put him up for the night. Next morning, he's out in the town square, trotting about in beast mode, offering a lift to anyone who passes by. Riders, carts, crates, whatever needs moving, he'll move. Especially if it's female. Pistonhoof always has a smile ready for the ladies. He's easygoing, unassuming, and quick to make friends, but he doesn't keep them very long. Always wandering, he'll get to know you for three days then get up and ride off to the next town without so much as a goodbye.

Pistonhoof prefers his beast mode, most of the time. Sometimes he seems more scaleback than bot. He's only ever really at ease when he's out on the open range, sun in the sky, and a trusted rider on his back. He loves the desolate beauty of Dustball, and thinks maybe someday with the right rider he'll ride out from the towns and never come back. He's never found her though, so he keeps coming back, searching and trying to to what good he can. He used to run with some of the criminal element - pay was certainly better than the civilian jobs, but there's too much good in him to ever stick with it. Pistonhoof can't stand to see harm visited upon an innocent, and he's had to see a lot of that in his life.

Maybe it's his beast mode's temperment, or maybe it's something in his past, but Pistonhoof can get skittish in a crunch. If he sees a situation developing, he'll keep cool, stoic is his style, but if he's caught by surprise, he can scare off. Makes him a good getaway ride, not as much for the charge, though if you talk up his confidence a bit he'll pull through fine. Thing about him scaring off though, he always regains his cool, and usually gets mad at himself too, and that's when he's most dangerous, because now he's determined, and he's got a rifle, and he's a good shot from a distance.

History
Go on a long ride with Pistonhoof and you're liable to hear some stories about life on Dustball, but you'll never hear about how he came to be living on this wasteland of a planet.

He was built under the big glittering lights of Prime City, back on Cybertron, you see, just about the furthest place from Dustball you're gonna get. Then again, maybe not so much. See under all those glittery LEDs in Prime City there was a lot of rust, and if you lived there, trying to make a decent living, you'd be spending most days slogging through it. A lot of bots, especially the young ones, didn't have the gears for it. You mightn't either, if whenever a fancy new tower went up they only hired out of town bots to build it and work in it, except clean up the out of town trash. Bots like Pistonhoof, or Fumes, as he went by in those days, tended to drift. They tried partying, drugs, ended up in roving cycle gangs or being somebody's thug, all of em' fighting over scraps of turf no bigger than the ladie's department at Certifiable Pete's.

Fumes wound up running with the gang of a big shiney bot named Money. Yeah, he actually called himself that, like he was some sorta Archon or something. Money was one of them loudmouthed bastards always trying to get his own way, but the kind that also knew how to sweet talk a bot. You've probably run into that kind at the saloon. Like I said, Prime City weren't all that different underneath the lights. Anyway, like any bot with a bunch of minions, a big mouth, not so big processor, and a name like Money, these guys ran into trouble with the law before too long. They ransacked the wrong rich guy's condo, and earned themselves a one way trip to Cocytus.

It was a long trip out, and it gave Fumes some time to think. He'd seen stuff and done stuff he weren't too proud of. He'd been a hothead and a sucker, and more than that he was on his way to frozen hell for it, he'd hurt some bots real bad along the way. If he had a second chance, first thing he'dve done was drive straight out of Prime City. Well, since you know where this story ends, you know he got one. The alarms went off just as his prison ship was pulling into S-231, and , 'cause next thing Fumes knew they'd landed under a bluff in some no-name canyon on Dustball, with the ship's crew all dead and the UCCA not knowing spit about where their prison ship had got to.

The cells were all unlocked, and everybody got to take local beast modes, on account of it making them all harder to ID, and a gesture of goodwill from the ship's new owners. Those were a rough and tumble bunch, carrying shotguns and six shooters. At the time Fumes figured them for escaped inmates, but later on he'd realize they were local space pirates. Whoever they were, they were recruiting. Their leader had big plans, you see. Some bots, like his old friend Money, agreed. Fumes didn't want any part of it. He said he'd go his own way, not cause any trouble. For that, he got shot, chained to a bulkhead, and left for dead with the ship set to autodestruct. To this day he doesn't know how he got out, but next thing he knew he was wandering the desert, stuck in beast mode with his memory half scrambled.

After a few days, he wandered by a ranch, and, being mistaken for a rare breed of scaleback, he got rustled up. Turned out his vocal processor wasn't working, either, so they went on mistaking him for an organic. A fembot ranch hand by the name of Honeypot (her beast mode was a bee, of course) took a shining to him, and trained him as a steed. She was real pretty, and he was real confused, so Fumes went along with it. You might say he was at a point in his life where he needed something to apply himself to, anyways. Course he was smarter than the average horse, so it wasn't long before he was the best riding scaleback on the ranch. And, Honeypot not being a dummy either, she started figuring there was more than met the eye to this funny looking scaleback. For one thing, he'd get a worried look whenever a ship passed through the sky. They had some repair equipment on the ranch, them being pretty far out from the nearest town, and Honeypot used it to scan him, and then, to repair him. Even with his voice repaired though, Fumes didn't talk much. His memory still wasn't straight, and the last thing he wanted to say was that he was an escaped convict. A few days later, a bounty hunter happened by the ranch, asking about a downed prison ship off in one of the canyons. Fumes lied low that day, and that night, he was gone.

Eventually he got back to civilization, such as it was out on Dustball, calling himself Pistonhoof. Work was plentiful for someone who could move bots and goods around, so he became a freelance mount for hire, taking whatever job he happened upon. He was skittish about the law, so he didn't stay long in one town. He'd find some pleasant stranger who needed a ride to the next town, and move on. He developed a fare system after a while - cute femmes got a discount, things not so on the up and up got charged more, jobs involving getting shot at charged the most. He was dang good at that last type of job, but he didn't much like the folk who hired him for it, most of the time. Anything like a planned heist, he'd turn down, but running a fugitive out of town, well, the credits already got stolen, right?

It went like that for years, Pistonhoof wandering from town to town, meeting lots of folks but never sticking around long, until one of those fugitive jobs. They got out of town, broke for camp, and the bot started drinking, and talking. Bragging about all the bots and humans and cactili he'd shot, the fembots he'd raped. It grated on Pistonhoof until something snapped, but he didn't show it. He just waited for the scumbag to pass out, tied him up, and walked him back into town for the bounty. Turned out he made a pretty profit on that. So, next town over, he tried that same scam again- found the biggest lowlife in town, waited til' the bum was in trouble, ran him out of town, knocked em out and then ran him back in.

The third time wasn't the charm. Word must've gotten around, because in the next town he tried the same thing, but his would-be bounty led him straight into an ambush. Pistonhoof survived, but the message was delivered, and his most profitable clients-slash-bounties weren't safe for business anymore. Well, to the pit with them anyway. He kinda knew this day would come, and things would go full circle. Pistonhoof rode into Rotwood looking to be a full time bounty hunter- provided he could use someone to show him the ropes first.

Quotes
"Lookin' for a ride, stranger?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 am 

Name: Agavus
Aliases: Greeno, Plantman, Plantboy, Plant(etc)
Height: 9 feet
Theme: Get Free by The Vines

Legal Status: Bounty Hunter

Statistics
Speed: 6
Brawling: 7
Intelligence: 5
Firepower: 9
Aim: 5

Description
Robot Mode:
Agavus has a robot mode that is humanoid in basic design with thick limbs (four arms and two legs). The entire body is blue-green with yellow-green thorns, yellow-green leaves with blue spots, red and purple orchid flowers, dark metallic pink muscular vines, and brightly red and purple bulbs all over. Agavus' head has a mohawk of yellow-green thorns, sunken in triangular yellow-green optics, and yellow-green thorns for teeth. Agavus' upper shoulders-neck region resembles the jaws of his beast mode, opening upward. Agavus has an oversized upper torso that accomodate four thick arms. Each arm has a hand with numerous vine-like fingers. The abdomen is much thinner than the oversized upper torso; Agavus' hips resemble the the jaws of his beast mode, opening upward. Agavus' legs are extra thick with feet that look much like they do in beast mode. All joints of the robot mode are dark metallic pink and based on a locking revolute design with influences from suspensions and pistons; these joints give great strength and allow for great stiff-arm, stiff-leg breaking potential.

Beast Mode:
Agavus has the beast mode of the adult, mature plant, Intestibeastia caedo, native to Dustball.

Intestibeastia caedo is a plant commonly known as "Death from within" (referring to animals). For short, some call it IBC. IBC exist as an onion-like bulb that are brightly red and purple during two states: when first born and during extreme times of little food and water. An intensely pleasant odor draws animals from miles away to these bulbs. The animals, finding that the bulb is too hard to chew, swallow the bulbs whole. The bulbs root themselves in the animal's stomache and grow like wildfire. Thick blue-green vines with yellow-green thorns quickly take control of all bodily functions and sever brain control. The vines eventually break through the skin and take over all motor control of the body. Thick, moisture absorbing serated maple-shaped leaves sprout from the vines, yellow-green in color with blue spots. As the vines harden from calcium, zinc, and iron from the animal host, red and purple orchid-like flowers bloom. The flowers have an intensely pleasant odor that draws animals from miles away. The IBC uses the animal host as a means to hunt down the animals it has attracted.

Before the IBC can reach adulthood, it has to completely cover its host with vines and begin growing rooting structures. Most of the host is gone by this point, and the IBC begins to take on its adult form. The adult form is quadrapedal; the shape of the body is similar to a liger stripped of fur and reduced to skin and bone. Instead of skin and bone, it is really blue-green vines twisted together and barked over. The body is covered in yellow-green thorns, red-purple orchid flowers, and serated yellow-green maple shaped leaves with blue spots. The head is something between a long canine skull and the mouth of a venus flytrap. Teeth, 4-clawed paws and special muscular veins grow in, dark metallic pink in color; they hold a lot of calcium, zinc, and iron from animals that have been eaten. These teeth and muscular vines allow the IBC to become fearsome predators. At the same time, the four paws become more porous and branchout into thin root vines. The IBC can now absorb minerals and moisture from the ground or stationary plants instead of completely relying on animal hosts and prey. Twenty years often pass before and IBC reaches adulthood. It is not uncommon for an IBC to bite onto another prey animal and begin growing around the new host because the original host did not have enough mass for the IBC to reach a mature size.

IBC are solitary and cannibalistic. They have no need to socialize because they reproduce by bulbs budding off of their bodies. They have the same type of animal behavorial patterns as male grizzly bears and male siberian tigers minus mating and caring for young. If the food supply runs out and water is more scarce than usual, IBC adults will shrivel into several bulbs and restart their lifecycle. Those who risk their lives hunting IBC, do it for their leaves. IBC leaves contain an aloe-like substance that relieves pain and boosts healing in animals native to Dustball. Many Cybertron colonists with Dustball beast modes value this substance to help heal their organic components quicker and reduce pain in the same components. The same substance is used to speed the growth of ailing plants as well.

Weapons
Bulb Bombs: Agavus constantly grows brightly red and purple plant bulbs over his body. The bombs act like impact grenades. There is a small shockwave and there are yellow-green thorns in the place of shrapnel.

Revolvers: Agavus carries four revolvers that are metallic dark pink with tiny yellow-green thorns. Each revolver has the up-down drop mechanism with slots for 9 rounds. At any given time, Agavus has 36 dark metallic pink bullets at any given moment at the ends of tiny blue-green vines, that is a total reload for each revolver. The bullets regrow at a rate of 9 every minute as long as eaten enough animal bodies (for iron, calcium, zinc) and absorbed enough minerals from the soil to have enough stored material for the bullets. Starved, Agavus would be lucky to grow one bullet a minute. Special bullets: When Agavus eats an extraordinary amount of decaying flesh and sweet plants, he can make bullets that release a chemical underneath a bot's armor that has a strong odor similar to old gym clothing. Even covered up, Agavus can track the smell for miles. He could also use the sulfur and carbon from animal bodies with certain salts in the soil to make flare bullets.

Orchid Lore: Agavus can spray any bot or animal with a chemical from red and purple orchid-like flowers all over his body. This chemical will temporarily lore any bot or animal to him. The lore is similar to an irresistable compulsion. A bot can will the effects away when faced with the situation that they have been led into a trap; the fight or flight mechanism built into bots overcomes the lore in that situation. The compusion of the lore is lust like a chemical pheromone that draws the bot to the odor of his orchids. The lore actually can draw a bot in from just under a mile away. It is a fast acting chemical that is not recognized by nanites nor white blood cells that effect sense receptors of both bots and animals. Animals and beast bots with more complex fluid filtering organs would filter the chemical out quicker, from an hour for regular bots to half an hour for organic bots.A strong willed, intelligent bot will realize the effects much quicker than a weak willed, less intelligent bot.

Regrowth: Agavus can regrow limbs or grow bonds to reconnect a severed limb. Severed limbs reattach in seconds; however, the limbs remain lessened in strength and speed for a full minute, a few minutes if Agavus has not fed recently. Agavus needs a full day to regenerate a full limb with additional feeding, rest, and sunlight required.

Encase: Agavus can encase himself or a limb. The encasing appears as a brightly red and purple bulb; Agavus needs a few seconds to be encased and to remove his encasing. The Encase ability is more of an armor than shelter, but it would shelter from the elements as well. It would not take long for a very strong bot to tear through, but it would delay a strong bot a few seconds to get a shot off. This encasing can be used on a bot or animal that Agavus is holding onto; the process requires a full minute with another few seconds to reinforce the bulb encasing with strong vines. This could only be use on a stationary bot or animal; a 10 strong bot would require at least 10 seconds to break free upon reawakening. (add 2 seconds for 1 point of strength less than 10)

Aloe Superior: Agavus can tear open his yellow-green, blue spotted leaves to get to an aloe-like substance. The substance relieves pain and increases healing potential in organic components. The substance has the ability to speed up plant growth to rapid rates. Agavus often uses this on bounties after capturing and subduing them in order to make sure the bounties are delivered alive.

Equipment
Stamen & Pistol: These are two metallic blue-green instruments that resemble thorned vines; the keys are modified yellow-green thorns. Stamen is thin and more high pitch like a flute. Pistol is thicker and longer like with some lower pitch notes more like a clarinet.

Skills
Expert: Firearms
Kickboxing
Tracking
Trapping
Music: Woodwinds, Classical

Personality
Agavus is the drunken alcoholic clown without the alcohol and makeup. Sorry, I was mistaken; there is often alcohol involved in his behavior, and he does have some pretty colors. Agavus is quite personable and annoying at the same time, always telling jokes and setting up practical jokes. Agavus often takes practical jokes too far, and often aggressively. Agavus would be the prick that wedgied you in high school; like that prick, he would often try to steal your girl at the same time. With Agavus' Orchid Lores and musical instruments, Agavus is often successful at seducing the fairer sex. Agavus can smooth talk when he is sober and wants to.

Like any drunk, Agavus has aggressive bouts, snapping at people for hardly any reason. These bouts happen with or without booze, more often with booze. Taunting weaker bots is not uncommon for Agavus even though Agavus sees it all in good fun. Agavus would cut himself short around bots that posed a strong threat to him since Agavus tries to avoid injury. His chosen opponents are usually weaker than him or had the disadvantage of being suprised by his trap. Like the joker, Agavus will taunt his foes, or anyone that fits his drunken mind as a foe at the time. Laughing maniacally while hidden and playing dangerous practical jokes as part of a trap are not uncommon for Agavus. Agavus can lose himself in aggression when stuck in the position of a long fight, becoming overly brutal; Agavus will try to use jokes to lighten the mood afterward, but the damage is always already done.

Agavus has a general distaste for death and having the odds stacked against him. Generally, Agavus does not want to hurt anyone too much unless he is being paid well to do so. Giving children toys they can use to play pranks on people delights him, and he encourages the children to prank often. Agavus is more like an overgrown, immature teen than anything evil and twisted in nature. Agavus has been known from time to time to defend the damsel in distress, likely to distress her later on himself in private.

Agavus bathes in the sunlight everyday, roots himself and eats animals quite often to keep up with his body. Agavus is much more pleasant when sunbathing, sometimes even in a euphoric mood. Disturb Agavus too much during this daily ritual, and you will have heck to pay. People either ignore Agavus during this state to stay of his focus or talk to him nicely when they need something from him.

Agavus plays light, classical melodies on his Stamen & Pistol. As mentioned above, he often plays the melodies for the ladies, but he has been known to play it for children as well. He plays quite well with a natural aptitude. It is likely Agavus may also play during times of boredom and when in captivity.

History
Agavus had an overly aggressive, jokester tendancy that other Maximals could not stand; a tendancy that set him on a path to the military. Even in the military, he was disliked. Agavus was on the hot seat for several altercations with superior officers, abandoning his post when the odds were bad, leaving men behind, and being overly brutal, especially during the Great Riverbed Push during the Pioneer's War.

Sick and tired of Agavus' antics, a Maximal general left Agavus on Dustball giving fellow officers orders not to associate with Agavus. Agavus was unofficially removed from the military and left to rot in the Dustball desert. Agavus survived by taking a local beast mode and wandering to Rotwood. Agavus made a deal with Certifiable Pete to get a steady income; Agavus sells his Aloe Superior to Certifiable Pete, and Certifiable Pete resells the substance as a miracle cure and anti-aging cream.

Agavus had too much aggression and hated his box of a house too much to stay in the house all day. Agavus soon sold his services to the highest bidder to hunt down and retrieve bounties.

Quotes
"Yes-that's right; you know that you cannot resist me."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 am 

Name: Gloom
Faction: Decepticon
Height: 9 feet
Theme: Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones

Legal Status: Lawman/Future Criminal

Statistics
Strength: 10
Speed: 5

Description
Robot Mode:
Gloom's entire body is made out of a dense black metal that has an appearance similar to a cannonball. The robot mode is quite humanoid, obviously from the most modern Decepticon building techniques yet not quite Predacon era. Giant black portions of black spiked armor cover Gloom's upper torso and upper shoulders. The same type of armor covers Gloom's shins and forearms giving just enough clearance for Gloom's long, thick, clawed hands and feet-two toes and three fingers including thumb. Gloom's face lacks any detail resembling eye sockets, ears, or even a nose. There is a long, diagonal scar that crosses from the top right of Gloom's head to the bottom left almost to Gloom's mouth; that scar glows dark purple, and the scar is really Gloom's optic. Gloom's mouth is the mechanical equivalent of a human skull's mouth with three rows of razor sharp teeth.

Vehicle Mode:
Gloom transforms into a black sphere covered in spikes. The sphere is 7.5 feet in diameter. The sphere is heat sealed to prevent anyone from prying open any seem. This has a downside of slowing his transformation into robot mode by about two seconds slower than average. Half of the spikes are thin, serrated sharp and curved back like grappling hooks, and the other half are wide, think and quite more blunt. Internal motion propels the sphere, like a hamster in a ball sort of thing.

Weapons
Spikes:
All of Gloom's spikes can be fired from his body and remain connected by dense metal rope that extends for a maximum of 30 feet. Gloom's ability to aim renders any sort of aiming beyond 10 feet nearly impossible; however, if he is firing a dozen or more spikes to the same area, one it bound to make it to his target.

The first type of Gloom's spikes are thin, serrated sharp and curved back like grappling hooks. The first use is similar to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, dragging an opponent close enough to batter with his immense strength and armor. The second use is the same as an ordinary grappling hook. Enough of these carry Gloom's immense weight with ease.

The second type of Gloom's spikes are wide, think and quite more blunt. The spikes are fired without the same rope as the grappling spikes. The spikes will dent heavy armor; imagine what it will do to lighter armors? These are essentially Gloom's bullets; Gloom is the gun.

Equipment
The Law: Gloom has solar power datapad that lists the laws on each colony world and all Cybertronian worlds. It stores charge during the day for nighttime use.

The Wife: When Gloom marries you, it is a bad thing. When Gloom tells you that you have been married, that means he just attached a giant black metal ball to you by the means of dense clamps and chain that connect up to for limbs. The ball is heavy enough to slow a 8 strength bot to a crawl. Gloom only carries this around towns.

The Children: Gloom has a couple sets of standard issue restraints that prevent transformation and internal weapons usage. The restraints appear as two big interconnected medieval gauntlets. These only work in the vicinity of a town jail where they wirelessly receive power and control from a device in the jails. They are power intensive, so they are reserved only for the worst criminals and bounties until Cocytus can pick them up. The transport recharges the restraints during each pickup. When Gloom restrains someone with these, he tells them, “Place nice with the children."

Skills
Projectile Weapons
Grappling Hooks
The Law (only when he has his handy datapad on him)

Personality
Gloom has a sick, perverted, dirty, sadistic, sick, disturbing, outrageous, and unkempt sense of humor. No one appreciates the humor, and he often uses it in the worst times. Gloom is hardly ever appropriate. There are numerous cases of Gloom bending his own sexual harassment laws. It is better to go with it though; he is The Law.

Gloom is the kind of person that delights in the misery of others. He happily collects taxes, repossesses property and holds people in jail for misdemeanors. Empowered by the UCCA, he delights in his privileges and abuses them. People that do not meet UCCA standards often bribe Gloom; he is all too willing to accept. If people do not meet UCCA standards and do not bribe Gloom, he is happy to hold them in jail overnight; do not underestimate how much pleasure that gives him.

Gloom would pinch a child to tears and drink the tears. He would steal candy from a baby. Gloom would kick you when you are down. Gloom would punch someone with glasses. Gloom would execute a mentally handicapped person. Gloom has no sense of dignity, no pride, and no honor. He doesn't need to, and he never has. He has always done whatever he want, and he always will. He never felt a need to change; that is definitely behind him not upgrading to Predacon.

If you please him, you will get along fine. Compliments and bribes can get you out of many bad situations when Gloom is the Lawman around. Get in his way or get on his bad side-you are looking at a fine. Gloom knows he cannot abuse this without getting noticed; however, he reserves the right to place a bounty on someone that makes a point to especially piss him off.

When collection time comes, it is safe to be extra generous. Even corrupt, The Law is still The Law. And, as much as it may annoy Gloom sometimes, he is expected to follow The Law. He will follow The Law and enforce it, yet he is very willing to bend it when it suits his needs. He will get to everyone's complaints and reports; those whom bribe him, just get heard first.

Gloom does not take rejection very well either. Gloom sabotaged an entire mining town just to cover up the fact that the town was going to revolt against him. He wised up a tad bit when he was sent to Rotwood, but he did not wise up much. He carries over a little paranoia about his duty in the past for the other mining town. He plays it off that he is distraught at the loss of the town he so dearly wished to protect; in reality, Gloom is paranoid that people will find out that he buried his old town alive.

History
Gloom was always willing to do the unspeakable things that even respectable Decepticons would not do. He murdered children, cleansed Unicron based religious uprisings on Cybertron, slaughtered the innocent in general, and did things that should just remained unmentioned. His hideous acts drew out the heroes of Cybertron, so the Decepticons could strike them down on mass. Gloom's actions were kept hush-hush for obvious reasons. Decepticons needed him, but they did not want to own his deeds. Gloom's very existence was often denied. Those were the good old days. Gloom was young and looking down at the world.

The Decepticons signed a cease fire; there was no more need for Gloom. Predacons began asserting their own weight, and Decepticons upgraded just so they would not have to deal with energon shortages. They could not raid the Autobots or Maximals anymore, so demand was just too great for the Decepticon Empire. Gloom was lost in a time of peace when his very existence was a crime even during war.

The Predacons knew it would be worse to try to kill Gloom. He had too many connections, and they did not want dirty secrets to become public knowledge. Things were already tense between the Predacons and Maximals, and the Predacons did not need the Maximals paying any more attention to them. They knew they had to put him where no one would notice him. The Predacons arranged for Gloom to have control over people's lives; Gloom was eager from stellar cycles of boredom. The Predacons demanded that the UCCA appoint some Predacon Lawmen to the colonies. Gloom's records were changed, so he would appear to be a good match. One of the living embodiments of war crime had become a representative of The Law. Of course, the Predacons arranged for his placement to be on Dustball, a planet they had little vested interest in. The Predacons just did not want Gloom to be in their hair any longer.

Gloom was thrilled: freedom to enforce The Law as he saw fit; justified in enjoying the misery of others; no one around that meant a damn to anyone important. Gloom assumed position as tax collector, inspection head, and bounty central. Gloom would receive bounties on behalf of the UCCA, authorized to purchase the prisoners with UCCA credit. Gloom holds the captured bounties until the next Cocytus transport comes along. Gloom receives reports of criminal activity, posts bounty prices, and gives out building/mining permits; however, you usually need a bribe to make him get on it quickly.

That was all an experiment on behalf of the UCCA to see if Gloom could handle bigger situations and bigger towns. To the dissapointment of the UCCA, it did not work out in the end. Gloom was reviled and hated by the mining town he was posted at, Sootsburgh. Time passed, and the mining town plotted to remove Gloom; however, for good reason, they did not trust to confide in the UCCA for placing Gloom there in the first place. The town was going to revolt; although, they would have been better off contacting the UCCA. Gloom found out, but continued on as usual-so it seemed. Soon, there was a big, new day with a new mine opening up. Everyone in town was involved in the huge overtaking. Gloom saw his opportunity, and he took it. He sabotaged the mine; everyone was buried alive. Gloom made it look like an accident, and that it is how it appeared to a UCCA inspection team that was underpaid and had too many other things to do. The mining town had not yet turned a profit; so financially, it was hardly a loss.

Gloom was critized and reprimanded for not taking more care to prevent such accidents, and the UCCA could not trust him with any decent holdings. There was an opening in a small town known as Rotwood, and the UCCA decided it was close enough to a dump to be suitable for Gloom to look after. Gloom was satisfied bossing anyone around, and the UCCA got to kill two birds with one stone.

Quotes
"You've just been married."
"Play nice with the children."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 am 

Name: Oakscream
Aliases: Screams, Oak, Leafy, Pterascream (the name he had prior to his prison sentence)
Height: 8'
Theme: Broken Wings by Twiztid

Legal Status: Rehabilitated Criminal

Statistics
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Firepower: 1
Courage: 9

Description
Robot Mode: Thin, muscular and humanoid, the entire robot mode is covered in oak colored bark. Two fingers and a thumb are on each hand, each elongated and clawed. Two toes and toe-like heel are on each foot, each elongated and clawed. A standard Predacon mode-less head covered in oak colored bark and empty slots for optics. The beast mode head lies half and half over each upper arm beak-tips pointing upward. The beast mode wings attach from the lower neck to mid-back and from mid-back to just above the knees. The wings are often worn wrapped around as a cloak or cape. The fleshy parts of the wings can be retracted to leave four point-ended extra arms. There are mechanical joints; however, the texture and color match the bark of the rest of the body.

Beast Mode: Body of a bat and the head of a vulture with an upper and lower set of wings; Galas are not the most attractive race. The body lacks any sort of legs. Oak colored bark covers the body, eyeless head, and beak. The eight-foot wingspan includes wings that appear to be the color and contour of oak leaves. Fingers of oak bark thinly reach to the edges of the wings. Like branches, several dozen pointed appendages form two parallel columns from the neck to the tail. The fleshy parts of the wings can be retracted to leave four point-ended extra arms; these limbs are used to balance on land in a quadrupedal manner.

Weapons
None

Equipment
360 Sight: Oakscream absorbs light from visible to UV spectrum over every corner of his body giving him sight from any point of his body.

Neural Implant: Oakscream A device implanted within Oakscream's neural net, causes him intense pain if he carries any object with intent to use it as a weapon. The pain is quiet intense; he could only hold a weapon for ten seconds before nearly passing out from the pain. He will usually let go off a weapon within few seconds. Oakscream is free to use his body as a weapon; his martial arts skills remain intact. The device cannot be removed without permanently damaging Oakscream's neural net.

Skills
Metallikato
Circuit-Su
Akitech: a specialized form of hand-to-hand combat. It is a matter of employing your enemy's own movements against them while using a minimal amount of energy.

Personality
Oakscream was once intelligent, proud, arrogant, and hot tempered. These traits served him well during war. 150 stellar cycles of hard labor on Cocytus has removed any sense of arrogance and temper. His pride keeps him alive in hopes of a truly honorable death. Oakscream lost all hope of redeeming himself in the eyes of fellow Predacons; he has accepted disgrace and usually lets anyone say just about anything about him. Oakscream hopes he can at least earn an honorable mention in death.

Day to day, he drinks a bit too much; however, he does not go overboard. He no longer has the ambitious drive that once served him well; instead, he patiently awaits the next moment to seek honor. He takes more time to get to know people and notice the small things and small people around him. Being locked away for 150 stellar cycles will give anyone the urge to socialize, even a bloodthirsty warrior that left peons in his wake.

Oakscream does not get excited or anxious; he keeps his cool, and stays calm. No longer craving bloody slaughter, he yearns for the honorable battle. Even so, he has to earn something to continue on. Small time crooks and pathetic criminals are his new source of regular income. Oakscream doesn't go in expecting too much anymore considering the quality of people living on Dustball, but he secretly hopes that each bounty will be far more than advertised, a villain worth dying to defeat. Oakscream goes into battle knowing that moments of holding a weapon will cause him great pain. Fortunately, Oakscream knows it does not take long to use someone's weapon against them.

History
As a martial artist and military man, Oakscream succeeded quite often. Vicious and unforgiving, some said blood permanently stained his servos. Killing his own superior officers in honorable combat or whenever no one was looking, Oakscream was promoted to captain his own space vessel, the Scalebeak.

During the energon crisis, the Maximals accepted assistance from an energon rich planet of Galatos, home of the Galas race: a race of flying plant-like beings that had not yet achieved space travel. Oakscream led the Scalebeak to Galatos to cut the Maximal supply of energon. Smarter than anticipated, the Galas mounted a defense that crippled the light weapons of the Scalebeak. Furious, Oakscream would not accept the shame of being defeated by the primitive, backwash race of organic lifeforms. Oakscream took the Scalebeak into orbit and dropped a planet-buster. No life beyond the bacterial level survived.

The Genocide of Galatos was one of the many events that rallied the Maximal cause. The war was drawn out into a stalemate; a truce was signed. As a condition, Oakscream was tried for War Crimes. The only charge that stuck was genocide. Oakscream was given an extraordinary sentence. Oakscream was forced to take a new beast mode; Oakscream became Oakscream as his beast mode was resequenced into the race that he decimated, the Galas. The new beast mode was locked, so he would always serve as a living reminder of the race that he killed. Oakscream's weapon systems and targetting systems were removed. A device implanted within Oakscream's neural net, causes him intense pain if he carries any object with intent to use it as a weapon. Last, Oakscream was placed on Cocytus to serve no less than 150 stellar cycles hard labor.

Oakscream served his time, and he was freed with just enough credits to travel to one of the other colony worlds. He took a transport to Ti Ion. Oakscream found no support to get back to Cybertron from any fellow Predacon; he was officially disgraced. No Maximal would house him. Some work for crooked humans and Certifiable Pete allowed him enough credits to try his luck on Westbrook. He worked mill and railroad labor until The Tranquil Valley Slaughter. Oakscream was not involved; however, paranoia grew around Westbrook. His past was brought into the daylight; from that moment on, he would no longer find work on Westbrook.

Oakscream left for Dustball seeing that there would be no fresh start anywhere. Oakscream registered as a bounty hunter in hopes to find an opponent to give him a truly honorable death, even though he knew that holding a weapon would cause him severe pain.

Quotes
"I bare the weight of sin of the Predacon Empire upon my servos."

Known Crimes:
War Crimes - Genocide

Current Reward For Capture:
Oakscream has served his prison sentence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 am 

General Info
Name:
Quake
Aliases: Ambush Bug, Big Bastard
Height: 8 ft
Theme: Beastie Boys – The Rat Cage

Legal Status: Freelancer (Bounty Hunter)

Statistics (55)
Toughness: 8
Speed: 4
Brawling: 10
Aim: 4
Courage: 4

Description
Robot Mode:
Quake is larger than life, bigger than most and uglier than nearly anybody. His big armoured carcass is about six feet across, his antlion beast mode split down the middle to form his hulking arms and upper torso. Quake’s big scything mandibles fold back into his forearm compartments. The sand-encrusted brown shell mounted across his broad shoulders and hunched back lends him something of the appearance of a wild mountain man, while his neck-joint casing is mounted quite low on his chest, giving him a fierce, intimidating forward loom.

Quake’s head is a simple bullet shape with a number of visible seams and rivets. His optic sensors are located where these seams intersect, being so tiny and deep-set as to be practically nonexistent. The majority of Quake’s face is occupied by his mouth, a circular, lamprey-like maw. He’s got three rows of counter-rotating saw-blade ‘teeth’ surrounding a glassteel protective plate, covering a somewhat primitive speech encoder that blinks red when he talks.

His peculiar transformation gives the impression of being only partway done, with his unornamented legs and lower body simply clanking unceremoniously into place, pitted with rust, blackened with carbon scoring and engine grease. His lower torso is draped with some eight or nine bandoliers strewn sporadically with grenades.

Quake’s voice is low, rough and menacing. It sounds like he smokes nine packs a day and gargles with gravel.

Beast Mode: Antlion larva. Quake is a simple insect, massive and grotesque, with huge serrated jaws and a large, ungainly body that nonetheless acts as a powerful anchor. His entire body is covered with barb-like hairs and thick clumps of sand or earth which act as natural camouflage-- he adapts his outer covering to suit his environment. His eyes are beady studs. He has no antennae.

Picture if you will--
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/images/antlion.jpg

Weapons
* Leg-tip Machineguns
- Quake’s six legs spread a considerable volume of light artillery fire across the battlefield. While rarely deadly on their own, the high rate of fire makes up for their low accuracy and weak penetration, giving an increased chance of a lucky shot at a vulnerable point, like a joint or an optic.

* Jawbone Double Wristblades- Heavy-duty cutting surfaces, able to spring suddenly out of Quake’s wrist compartments with deadly force. Quake wields the weapons with surprising skill and finesse which, combined with his high strength, makes them dangerous for almost any foe. Even heavy armour eventually shatters under the weight of Quake’s blows.

* Armour-plated Industrial Auger- Big even by Quake’s standards, and never designed for combat, occasionally Quake will occasionally make use of his most powerful drill to dispense with stubborn enemies. While too clumsy to use in a straight fight, if the victim is taken off their guard or while incapacitated, Quake rarely needs a second chance. Quake’s auger destroys any grade of armour in scant moments, but takes a full minute to warm up and is ungainly and difficult to lift. While the motor makes a lot of noise when starting up, it makes surprisingly little noise while running. Quake seldom uses the auger in direct combat, but often leaves it running in carefully concealed locations, as part of elaborate pit traps and deadfalls.

* Fragmentation Grenades- A good dozen of these armor-shredding handbombs rattle around inside Quake’s chest compartment. Their blast radius is about three feet round and they cut anything up to and including medium armour to absolute ribbons.

* Sonic Disruptor Grenades- Quake carries a better than adequate supply of nonlethal, destabilizing hand grenades, the better to stun and disorient his prey. These little beauties detonate in a two-foot wave of sonic force, which won’t hurt anybody, but will jar them around for a few precious seconds, enough to throw off their aim while Quake closes the trap. The stronger and bigger a bot is, the less likely these are to have any noticeable effect unless they hit a sensitive extremity: usually an arm, leg or head.

Equipment
* Special Ability: Burrowing-
Beast mode only. Over soft ground, in a matter of seconds, Quake can vanish underground in a cloud of sand and dust. While he can only dig straight down, on barren soil he leaves almost no trace; the ground above him appears virtually undisturbed, to the untrained eye. Quake uses his sensor array to detect an unwitting target’s approach, then surges noiselessly to the surface to attack them from behind.

* Sensor Array- Quake’s lightly enhanced tactile sensors allow him to detect large or sudden vibrations on the ground or in the air around him up to ten feet away. This makes him difficult, though not impossible, to sneak up on. Quake also has thermal optic and spectral nightvision modes installed on his beady little optics.

* Restraint Rings- Provided courtesy of the UCCA, to encourage Quake to bring in the occasional live bounty. The energy mesh of these expandable, versatile mechanisms makes them damn near inescapable, but their shape and design makes it pretty much impossible to put them over a struggling (unwilling and conscious) prisoner. Quake keeps two handy, but has yet to break them out for any reason.

* Jeweler’s Drill- A diamond-tipped precision instrument, used for cutting gemstones, tripwires, circuitboards and other such delicates, Quake has found a variety of uses for this expensive little item. His one luxury, he calls it.

Skills
Firearms, Throwing Weapons
Melee Weapons: Large Blades
Demolition & Explosives
History: Colonial, Military
Stealth, Camouflage
Tactics
Wilderness Survival, Tracking, Trapsetting

Personality
Quake is a Predacon, for all the obvious reasons. Ornery and evil-minded, growling and bristling, he’s as pitiless and obsessive a bounty hunter as the colonies might’ve ever produced. Ferocious and almost animalistic in his demeanour, ruthless in his dealings and generally murderous to his prey, Quake nonetheless abides by a certain twisted code-- of business, if not honour. Intelligent and cautious, Quake is as good as his word, finishing contracts even when the other backs out on their end of the deal. Keeping close ties with local law, he never kills anyone without a bounty on their head and a criminal reputation on their file.

There is a loophole worth noting here, in that Quake can and often will still kill a bounty whom he is no longer being paid for.

Quake is a lone wolf. Quiet and mostly keeping to himself, he works well with others so long as they don’t try to curb his ruthlessness. All business, he dislikes small talk, but has a flair for the ironic and a dry sense of humour. He’s a tactical fighter, rarely without a plan of attack, and unlike many Predacon warriors concerned with personal honour through single combat, Quake prefers strength in numbers. Somebody’s got to soak up bullets on the front line, after all, while Quake gets the drop on them from behind. And, of course, Quake will never, ever fight fair. He’ll take any advantage he can get, and he’ll fight as brutally as possible, every single time. No quarter offered, or given.

All because Quake is a terrible coward. Not many suspect it, but it’s a simple fact. Quake considers one thing valuable, and that’s himself. He uses the law as a shield, but works outside it because he’s not about to put his life on the line for it. He hires the most expendable goons, sets the most lethal traps, and uses the deadliest force imaginable, all to reduce the risk to himself.

Then why not give it up, settle down, live the quiet life? Why be a bounty hunter? Because he can’t admit it to himself, that he is afraid, weak, and all his strength together isn’t enough to make up the difference. Quake lives for the hunt, and he can’t imagine life without that thrill. It is what he is, his whole life through. To end it, to leave the job unfinished, would be unthinkable. Quake is a Predacon, and Predacons fight to survive. They survive to fight, and win, and kill.

To live is to die, as they say. But they don’t say anything about when.

History
People try and kill Quake, so Quake tries to kill them back. It’s the way it’s been for as long as he can remember. Literally. Quake was a reprogrammed protoform, activated during a boarding action of a Maximal colony ship by Predacon mercenaries. One heated firefight later, Quake was a prisoner of war, kept monitored in full stasis lock in the ship’s brig, all the way to S-321. They put him in lockup on Cocytus and set him to work.

Quake was a model inmate, and the wardens of the Gulag considered themselves lucky to have him. He was a hard worker, strong, tireless and uncomplaining. He never started fights but he always ended them, and his cell block was a more peaceful place for his presence. Even when corrupt trustees engineered a murder inside the prison and laid the blame at Quake’s feet, the big bastard just lowered his head and got on with the task at hand. Never said a word against his tormentors. Never tried to prove his innocence. The ones who counted knew, and the ones who didn’t-- they would receive their comeuppance yet.

It took Quake two and a half long centuries to get out of the pen. The things he saw, he doesn’t talk about. Prisoners died and secrets got kept, but as far as Quake is concerned, every lawbreaker who went down in Gulag deserved it. But a lot of guilty bots served their time and made it out into the free air, and Quake could never stand idly by for that. On the sly, he made his first contract: he would find, and contend with, a number of those bots who deserved to fry or rot forever, but somehow never did. They gave him a list. He still has that list. It’s not done yet, but it will be soon.

Quake’s been on the outside for thirty-eight stellar cycles and counting, and in that time he’s built a business on the backs of dead crooks, fugitive pirates, rebel scum and other outlaws. People don’t like Quake, and he doesn’t make many friends, but when he demands a little respect, folk sit up and he gets it.

Quake made planetfall on Dustball about eight weeks back, on the trail of another big bastard-- his equal, or so he thought. Fact is, Quake was proven the lesser of two bastards and it’s left him shaken. Seven weeks ago, he drove out of Dustball’s largest settlement and charged across the countryside with a posse of local boys, all packed in aboard a land skiff chartered out of Quake’s own pocket. Just the other day, Quake walked into Rotwood with a smoking hole clear through one shoulder, carrying one arm underneath the other. He pulled up at the bar and ordered one drink, then another, and so on and so forth. He hasn’t left his chair since.

Quotes
“Yer breathin’ days is numbered, pard. Best start countin’ ‘em down from here on to ever after. You dun’t know me from Adam, but yer gonna see me again, the rate yer goin’ for yerself. I’m makin’ that my personal guarantee. Gonna watch ‘n wait for yer first wrong step on the law’s wrong side, ‘n come down on you like the black iron hammer of the Lord o’ the Pitt his own self... Wellp. Drink up. See y’all later.”

"Ever'body else might be fraggin' dead as th’ Primes, but I still ain't, so it's a good day."

Last edited by Tarantulas on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 am 

General Info
Name:
Digger
Aliases: Imposition, The Imp, Gravedigger, Burier, Barrier
Height: 6 ft
Theme: Corb Lund - I Want To Be In The Cavalry

Legal Status: Freelancer

Statistics (55)
Brawling: 5
Aim: 8
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 8

Description
Robot Mode:
Rangy is probably the best way to describe Digger. He’s got tall legs, broad shoulders and a long, thick neck. Most of his body is divided into segments, interlocking metal plates of a burnished gold colour. The rest of him is dull brown, with a few red stripes, hardly noticeable. His elbow joints are very prominent, and give the impression of an open clock. His beast mode’s ‘shields’ fit over each one of his shoulders, making them look even wider. He has heavy forearms and large hands with thin fingers. A pistol hangs from his waist. His feet are large and flat, with small spikes around the toe.

The segmentation of his chest looks like a flak vest, though it resembles his heavily armoured beast mode more from the back. A small raised square at the nape of his neck displays the Maximal insignia, though it is chipped around the edges. His tail folds up flat against his back. His neck is a slightly lighter brown than the rest of him.

Digger’s face looks slightly flattened and indistinct, though it shares the segmented look. His heavy brow shades wide amber optics that shine like old lanterns. His voice is rich and soothing, full of mild humour, with a soft, musical sort of drawl.

Beast Mode: Nine-Banded Armadillo. A small armor-plated insectivorous mammal related to the anteater. It looks like the animal equivalent of an accordion. Its body is encased in a bony, scaly carapace, large ‘shields’ covering its shoulders and rump, with nine thin bands slotted in between. Thinner lengths of skin between these bands allow the animal to flex and bend; again, much like an accordion. Although I’m told that the armadillo doesn’t make music, pleasant or otherwise, no matter how hard you squeeze it.

All of the animal’s four feet have long toes and large, strong claws, well-adapted for digging. Its tail is about 2/3rds as long as the rest of its body. It tapers to a point and is completely covered by bony rings. Digger is mostly brownish, with some scattered hairs of yellowish white. He has beady black eyes set into a long, narrow head, with more armor running along most of his skull, and a snout full of flat teeth. His flexible ears are rounded at the bottom and pointed at the top. In beast mode, Digger is about 3.5 feet long, excluding the tail.

Here’s a picture:
http://www.flex.net/~lonestar/armadillo.jpg

Weapons
* Ultra Magnum Ballistic Pistol- Digger’s custom semi-auto. It’s a big, intimidating piece of hardware, a chrome-magnium frame underneath a cracked and peeling black plastic veneer. The gun is of extraordinarily large caliber, and it packs a mighty kick. It takes a lot of compensation to fire it with any accuracy-- Digger’s a lot stronger than he looks. He goes around carrying big boxes of black-powder armour-piercing magnetizing rounds. He stocks up often, like he expects to need them all. Digger treats the weapon with caution, like an unbroken bronco. The gun’s name, according to him, is “Whistler”.

One good shot from Whistler will knock a small bot flat on his skid, punch a fist-sized hole through medium armour plate, and dig a good-sized dent in heavier shells. However, the magnetism of a healthy Cybertronian spark is often enough to catch and repel a bullet before it does much lasting damage. Digger doesn’t like killing, but he doesn’t have any problems whatsoever with a little discreet maiming.

* Snap Gun- A compact compressed-air launcher, suitable for firing small, light projectiles over dozens of yards. Not a weapon per se, but its versatility is considerable-- the gun can fire almost anything that will fit inside its barrel, from signal flares to lawn darts to paper airplanes to roadside gravel and dry desert sand.

* Electrostatic Chaff- Fired via Digger’s snap gun, these metallic pellets are treated with a reactive plastic that dissolves when subjected to atmospheric friction above a specific airspeed. The chaff readily clings to Cybertronian components, causing short circuits along exposed joints and sensors. Victims of Digger’s chaff briefly suffer from the electronic equivalent of full-body sneezing fits, making it very difficult for them to aim properly or move around with any degree of grace, speed or stealth. Digger has four of these left.

* Anti-Air Rifle- A jet-powered mortar thrower slung over one shoulder, remodelled from an old aircraft turbine and a steel-reinforced eavestrough. Much akin to a more powerful version of Digger’s snap gun, this makeshift rifle sacrifices power for distance. While the continuous airstream can keep even a large bot temporarily at bay, the gun’s real use is to lob bombs high into the sky or far away over the landscape. Digger has maybe three incendiary grenades on his person. They explode with tremendous force, with a blast radius of about six feet around. The heat and flames do more damage to organics than Transformers. Cybertronians experience heavy scorching and temperature errors, but otherwise remain intact.

Digger’s AA rifle can launch almost anything that fits down its five-inch-diameter barrel.

* Heavy Pulse Pistol- Digger’s favourite blaster. Most of its desert-brown coloration has been stripped away now, down to bare gray underneath. It runs off straight energon rods, which just lately Digger has been too hard-up to part with. Consequently, the gun has seen approximately zero active use in over a year now, a fact unlikely to change any time soon. It still hangs off the magnetic holster just above his waist, on his right side. When he isn’t cleaning it, that is. In conversation, he refers to the gun as “Nadine”.

The gun, on the rare occasions it sees use, fires short, intense charged-particle bursts from a bulb at the end of its barrel. While a little sluggish between shots, it has very good stopping power. To observers, the barrel seems to spit small balls of blue-white flame. The orbs ‘pulse’ on contact, expanding into a small circular area 2-5 inches around. This can be devastating at close range, smashing easily through medium-grade armor or less, though it weakens over distances. It has a fidgety safety you need to know the trick for.

* Domokun-08 Machine Turrets- A pair of high-powered, turbo plasma cannons, built directly into the outside of his upper thighs in robot mode. Once several catches are released, the guns fold out and the barrels extend to full length. They point straight forward from either side of Digger’s waist, where they become immovably anchored in place. Handles and triggers are mounted on top of the guns, for ease of access.

The turrets are fed from a subspace buffer, one which Digger lost in a card game six months back. The plasma reserve was all depleted a long time before even then. Consequently, right now the Domokuns aren’t much more than decoration. (Like Nadine, the Domokuns are out of commission for the duration of Metal Frontier.)

Equipment
* Special Ability: Burrowing-
Beast Mode only. A la Bugs Bunny (with apologies to Warner Brothers). Digger can dig. Holes, that is. And tunnels, too. He’s good at it. The claws help. He moves through soil like he’s swimming in it. Yeah, that fast. As a machine, he is much faster and tires less easily than an ordinary armadillo-- them being prolific diggers as it is. Now, if he wants to clear a path for others to follow, that will take a little more time, as does burrowing through solid rock. Even so, it’s nothing he can’t eventually handle. His safety record is spotless.

* Folding Infantry Spade- It’s a shovel, with a rusty square blade, a short stock and a spring-loaded hinge between the two. It’s clearly been around a long time. Digger sometimes uses it as a walking stick. It stays belted to his back the rest of the time.

* Signal Flare- These are very ordinary Terran flares, with the possible exception of being antiques, hundreds of years old and still in working order. Now that’s quality. Flares can be launched using the snap gun.

* Grappling Hook- A small, dart-shaped projectile fitted for launch by Digger’s snap gun. Attached to one end of the dart is fifty feet of thin but extremely durable cable (it can support four times Digger’s weight). Strong, sharp teeth form a rough, five-inch cone at the dart’s tip. When positioned correctly, the teeth will drill through most surfaces. The cone may also open up, its curved prongs anchoring the cable in place. A switch on the snap gun deactivates the anchor feature and reels in the hook.

Skills
Firearms, Autofire Weapons
Gambling
Heavy Machinery, Excavation
Navigation: Planetary, Astronavigation
Piloting, Shiphandling
Survival: Desert
Tactics

Personality
Homespun and down to earth, Digger is even-tempered, the type who can go along to get along. He finds it hard to make enemies, always willing to see the other guy’s point of view. He has a ready stock of down-home sayings, like ‘living with a saint’s harder than being one,’ and ‘better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies.’ His greatest asset is his experience, but he’s more than willing to take a back seat to experts and specialists. He has a lot of respect for people with Academy training. He envies them. Even so, if no one else is willing to step up and take charge of a situation, then Digger will. With a vengeance, too. He’s captained a small ship and crew of his own, after all. He might not be much for, say, motivational speeches, but he can get you through a fight alive. While all for giving the benefit of the doubt, he just has no respect for leaders who run their show from behind the lines.

Like’s been said, he always tries to see the other guy’s point of view. Even with people who are regularly trying to kill him. He just doesn’t believe in inherent evil. He knows that the average Predacon is someone who’s had it rough, forced into making tough calls and living in a world where they have to fight and kill daily if they want to survive. He knows it happens, and to some degree he can even sympathize. That said, if they come after him or anyone he calls friend, he’ll kill them dead. It’s that simple.

It has to be. He may be peaceable in his mind, but when it comes to it, Digger is a machine built for killing. He does whatever he has to do to keep alive. He has a weird sense of humor when it comes to the subject of death. After the death of a friend, he starts cracking jokes, far more than he normally would. He doesn’t seem able to help himself; it’s a little unnerving. He doesn’t say it much, but he’s had to bury a lot of people. Figuratively speaking, anyway. Enemies, mostly, but some friends and bystanders, too. Maybe he didn’t kill them himself, but he was there, he got them involved. Most often, he tries to keep from thinking about it, but during moments of solitude, that isn’t easy.

He doesn’t exactly brood, or suffer in silence. He’s likely to crack jokes, swap insults, maybe play a few rounds of poker. If he has a complaint, he’ll make himself heard. But after all that, only a select few ever get to know him all that well. The closest he gets to talking about himself are stories about scrapes he’s lived through, but his own role in these always seems played down. To hear him tell it, though, everyone he knows must be a swashbuckling master gunslinger and either a scoundrel or a saint.

Digger’s awfully fond of that old pulse pistol of his. It means probably at least as much to him as the majority of his comrades in arms. He parts with it only with extreme reluctance.

History
He prefers to be called Digger, even though it’s not his given name. Gravemaker, Barrier, Burier, The Imp, they’re all only nicknames. But, well, he likes Digger.

His first memories are of being pried out of an aging stasis pod and into a howling sandstorm. They chose his beast mode for him, from the ship’s archives, since there was no indigenous life present. This place was Cryax. If there had been any water present, it would have been frozen solid. There wasn’t. There was oxygen, a few other gases, and a lot of wind and sand. Oh, and one of the largest deposits of raw energon discovered for cycles. The claim belonged to sanctioned Maximal prospector Torrent, and to her alone.

When Digger woke up, they told him he had another life, before his spark had been placed into the protoform. He wasn’t sure why at the time, but he decided he didn’t want to know anything about it. Clean slate, and all that. That made him different from his fellow poddies. Torrent had somehow arranged for eight Maximals, four male, four female, their past memories wiped, to join her on Cryax with her two enforcers. Most of them were confused, and a little angry. Torrent merely assured them that their previous selves had agreed to it, and that they were being well-compensated.

For the next four stellar cycles, the eight of them were kept under strict security measures. Torrent and her guards had every weapon that could be removed without major mechanical work locked up on her ship; built-in devices were keyed to special codes of her choosing. There was no chance of escape, but Torrent was as good as her word: they were extremely well-paid. While it was hard at first, every few months a merchant freighter called the Blue Minded God would pass their way to pick up energon for shipping. The God sold a little something for everyone: books and vid-discs, new foods, puzzles and games, catering to nearly every taste so long as it wasn’t a weapon. The merchant captain, a gap-toothed neutral calling himself Gaspar, even had some bots on board, for... entertainment purposes. Everything was strictly monitored, but it did keep boredom (and insanity) at bay, for the most part.

Digger made a few friends. He had a fling with Deuce, the squirrel girl. She complained constantly, though always in a good-humored way. Digger earned the first few in a long line of different nicknames, and generally got along. He became especially good friends with the strangely cheerful buzzard Pitfall, who seemed to have a directory of every criminal in nine sectors memorized. Pitfall, full of imagined exploits, was ready to swear he’d been a bounty hunter in his past life, and that he was going to be one again.

And so day in, day out, they carefully cut and excavated the unstable blue crystals. Truth told, the routine got so easy that it was hard to know what they were being paid so much for. In the fourth stellar cycle, Torrent got the gang together and broke the news. Gaspar had sold enough of her energon, and she could afford to could bring in a full professional crew. She didn’t have to worry about anyone jumping her claim anymore. This meant, simply, that they were all free to leave. They were welcome to stay, but they were free to go, and put their fortunes to-- well, whatever use they wanted, she didn’t care.

Deuce, for all her complaints, stayed on freezing Cryax. So did Net and Axel. The rest took their money and went their separate ways. Digger hasn’t seen most of them since. For his own part, he drifted for a while, banked his money so he could move around in one galaxy or the other, holding a few odd jobs and taking each day as it came.

He arrived on Dustball a year to the day ago. He is fast earning a solid rep with local law, having been a reliable member of many a posse and refusing several rewards. The way some bounty hunters see it, he’s deprived them of their living. They expect him to answer for it, sooner or later.

Quotes
“If we’re all thinking the same thing, some of us ain’t thinking.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:30 am 

Name: Sanddigger
Aliases: helper, servant, dumbass, retard, stupid, good for nothing
Height: 20 feet
Theme: Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel

Legal Status: Civilian

Statistics
Speed: 7
Intelligence: 3
Firepower: 7 (probably could be lower, I just have it at 7 for his potential brute force)
Aim: 3
Courage: 3
Luck: 10

Description
Beast Mode:
Sanddigger is a behemoth. His beast mode is a 20 foot creature that the residents of Dustball like to refer to as the Dune Rover. Dune Rovers are quadrapedal with large paws with enough surface area to navigate the sands easily with balance. Dune Rovers store water in hairlike tubes on their backs; the specific heat of water is used to help cool Dune Rovers during intense sunlight. Their hard, reflective scales retain water and reflect much sunlight as well. Below the mouth are two sensory feelers that find juicy roots, decaying flesh, and underground water: all are necessary for Dune Rover survival. Dune Rovers have incredibly large beaks that can penetrate deep into the sand and tear decaying flesh and apart with ease. Dune Rovers only eat dead animals and small animals that stray too close for protein and fat; most of their diet are water retaining tubers like desert yams and desert lily bulbs. Dune Rover eyes are armored to protect from sand and intense sunlight. They are usually solitary; too peacefuly, sometimes they frighten eachother off just by scent... unless a female is in heat. Dune Rovers practically stampede to eachother to mate. Once the female stops being in heat, they startle eachother too much and seperate.

Robot Mode:
The robot mode is quite like a bipedal version of the beast mode. The thighs of the hind legs dissambled to reveal silvery reinforced mechanical legs and pelvis as Sanddigger stands upright. The front legs dissassemble in a similar way at the shins revealing silvery mechanical forearms and articulated fingers. The beak of the beast mode opens up, moves around the right hand and locks into place. The shoulders of the front legs slide slightly outward revealing silvery mechanical reinforced joints. The beast mode eye slides down to the robot mode chest and a head sprouts from between the shoulders. The head is fairly generic. Oval like in shape with a mohawk of hairlike ridges going from the bas of the back of the head all the way to the tip of the nose. There are pronounced eyebrow and chin ridges that can make one think of puffy eyebrows and a short beard. Sanddigger has white optics that turn yellow when his fight reflex is triggered.

WEAPONS
[Giant Beak]
Sanddigger's right hand in his robot mode is his beast mode beak. The beak has the bite force of a crocodile if it was 20 feet tall and weighed over 100 tons with the normal quite sharp cutting force of most beaks.

[Giant Hammer]
This is a giant hammer that matches Sanddigger's color scheme. The rounded staff with leather-like grips is 16 feet long with the hammer on top. The hammer is just a sold square block of metal, impressively dense. The hammer part is 4 feet cubed in dimension.

Equipment
[Giant Shovel]
This is an average dirt shovel with a metal staff instead of wood with leather-like grips except for the fact it is 16 feet long with proportionate sized shovel end.

[Giant Bucket]
This is a giant metal bucket that can carry 2.25 cubic meters of volume. The proportionately thin handle has leather-like grips.

[Giant Broom]
This is a giant wooden broom that is 16 feet long

SKILLS
Digging
Carrying
Brooming
Hammering

PERSONALITY
Big, strong and dumb. That is the short version. Sanddigger's parents did not want him. Not all sparks are created equal if you know what I mean. He is a nail short of a railroad track. He is a dune short of a desert. He is just plain dumb. His parents gave him to the colonists hoping there would be a place for him among the colonies.

He does what he is told, and he can only follow simply directions. He is strong and works hard; he doesn't realize he could be doing something else instead. People give him housing and food to do the simple, dirty jobs they never want to do. Sometimes he gets recruited to help with mining and gathering. He is happiest when people want him to do something; he feels like he fits in that way. He just wants to be around people and to help out.

Despite his giant size and great strength, he is easily scared and frightened. He gets startled quite often. He avoids confrontation, and he won't usually fight. Everyone has to worry if some jackass decides to back Sanddigger into a corner and beat on Sanddigger until his fight reflexes kick in. Too dumb to know how to stop, he will continue to fight uncontrollably like a juggernaut until he runs out of steam or someone finds a way to be gentle with him without getting lashed out at. There have been just a few rare occasions where the same fight reflex happened when someone Sanddigger really cared about was getting hurt.

Sanddigger tries to be gentle and caring, but he fumbles too much. He breaks fragile things, plays with small pets too hard, and bumps into people. Appologizing is second nature to Sanddigger. He can't stand people being mad at him. There have been a few times when he had an accident around people he was living with, and he ran away. They would later find him in the desert in beast mode trying to make friends with other Dune Rovers. Someone gives him a few kind words, he transforms back to robot mode, and he returns home.

History
Sanddigger was one of the rare sparks that just don't quite make expectations. Even with the best intelligence chips, he was never more than just below average. Sanddigger's parents did not feel they could deal with the dissapointment and having to take care of him their entire lives. There was a bulletin going around that colonists were recruiting strong, hard working individuals. Sanddiggers parents brought him to the colonists explaining that he was very hard working as long as they could keep the directions simple. Sanddigger was very big and very strong and proved to be hardworking. The colonists took him in.

Sanddigger got shuffled off to the colonists going to Dustball. There were plenty of hard, dirty, but simple jobs he could do there and be useful. He didn't mind because he didn't know any better. He lives among the colonists happy that he can be useful.

Sanddigger has held many simple jobs. If some needs someone with a broom, hammer, shovel, bucket, or strong hands, Sanddigger is usually there. He has done some of the dirtiest jobs simple jobs just for food and a place to stay. There are plenty of people that have defended him and kept him around just because of that, especially with how friendly and willing to help he is.

Quotes
"I'm sorry. I promise."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:30 am 

Name: Furral
Aliases: Ster-Crazy, Jumpy, Furball, Cuddles
Height: 5'9"
Theme: Move Your Body by Eiffel 65

Legal Status: Lawman (Postbot)

STATISITICS
Strength: 8 (strength higher for jumping and chewing; he cannot put all of this strength into a punch)
Speed: 10
Brawling: 4
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 4
Aim: 10
Courage: 4

DESCRIPTION
[Robot Mode]
Much of Furral's beast mode components are folded together on his back and actually support and hold on his mailsack. Most of his robot mode appears mechanical as a result. All of the mechanical parts are sand colored and sand textured. His joints are fast action, pivot-spring based and mostly metallic offwhite in color. His beast mode hamster head covers his chest. The over shape of the body is humanoid with dexterous fingers and toes with sharp tips. Furral's head is connected by swivel action joints that allow him to rotate his head almost 360 degrees like an owl. Furral has red, slanted, narrow optics. There is no nose, but there are two slanted nose hole openings. He has large eyebrow ridges that go all around his head. The top of his head is covered in his beast mode fur that appears like it has been slicked, and spiked back with grease. He has mechanical hamster teeth in his mouth. He has a mechanical device that slides consecutive plastic lens up and down over his left optic in order to magnify the vision of his left optic.

[Beast Mode]
Furral's beast mode is the typical fancy hamster with sand color fur with a few tiny patches of rust, black, and offwhite colored fur randomly turning his fur into a mosaic. The left eye has a mechanical device that slides consecutive plastic lens up and down over the left eye in order to magnify Furral's vision.

TRAITS
[Hamster Smell] Furral has enhanced hamster smelling ability due to him being in sync with his hamster mode.
[Hamster Hearing] Furral has enhanced hamster hearing ability due to him being in sync with his hamster mode.
[Hamster Chewing] Furral has a strong bite and strong chewing ability as result of his hamster beast mode.

WEAPONS
[Wakizashi] Extremely sharp short katanna with a one foot blade. Though this blade can be used offensively and defensively in battle, Furral uses it mostly to escape from nets, ropes, and various traps.

[Volver] This is an an unusual revolver with standard Cybertron issue rounds; however the design is bassed on the LeMat's revolver of the American Civil War. Furral only carries enough rounds to reload twice.
Wikipedia:
"The distinguishing characteristic of LeMat's revolver is that its 9-shot cylinder revolves around a separate central barrel of larger caliber than the chambers in the cylinder proper. The central barrel is smoothbore and can function as a short-barrelled shotgun (hence the name "Grape Shot Revolver") with the shooter selecting whether to fire from the cylinder or the smoothbore barrel by flipping a lever on the end of the hammer. Flipping the lever down caused the moveable striker to fall upon the primer set directly under the hammer, discharging the lower barrel, while leaving it in the standard position would fire the chambers in the cylinder, much like any other revolver.

Originally chambered his pistol for .40 (or .42) caliber revolver bullets, with a .60 (16 gauge) smoothbore barrel, and had a jointed ramrod (mounted on the right-hand side of the frame), which was used to load both barrels."

EQUIPMENT
[Binoc] This is a binocular apparatus present in both robot mode and beast mode. Over Furral's left is a mechanical device that slides consecutive plastic lens over Furral's eye to magnify his vision.

[Grease Pores] Furral has a couple devices under his fur and armor that leak out crude and cooking greases that make Furral extremely slippery and nearly futile to grip or handcuff/restain. Furral has to refill his devices with greases after two uses. If he is holding another bot, he can extend the greasing over the other boy; this is equal to two uses however.

[Mail Sack] This is a typical mailsack that is standard issue from the UCCA.

SKILLS
Expert: Planetary Navigation
Expert: Maps and Charts
Expert: Evasion
Expert: Projectiles (limited to newspaper/mail/package throwing)
High Speed Manuevering
Jumping Related Movements
Burrowing: Though Furral is somewhat skilled at burrowing, burrowing would not come in handy when you are carrying a ton of mail and don't want to get the mail ruined. Furral would rarely use this skill.

PERSONALITY
Furral is always on the go. He doesn't try to build lasting friendships or relationships; he never knows where he is going to be next and cannot afford to make any commitments. Not prejudiced at all, Furral is always friendly and wisecracking around anyone; although, he does stay awefully reserved about himself and his past. He doesn't want anyone to remember his trial during the Graycoat scare. He was on Ti Ion at the time far away from Dustball; however, he is still paranoid about it.

Furral removed the boundaries between his robot and beast personalities to be completely in sync with his beast mode. This improved his manuevering when he was running and jumping and improved his senses. There are some side effects. He twitches and almost seems ADHD to some people, especially with how often he scratches himself. He eats and drinks quite often, even more than necessary to keep himself well energized for his deliveries.

Call it a little guy complex; he doesn't like people picking on the little guy. He will say something and maybe help out a little; however, he is not much for confrontation. He backs away a lot. He has seen a lot of people die, and he doesn't want to be another dead bot. He will let people often solve their own problems unless they are far too weak or close to him, and his Maximal protective nature kicks in.

Loud sounds and fast movements often spook him. Being a scout and Postbot, you develop speedy reflexes and fight/flight mechanisms always remain on high. Typically, between fight and flight, Furral will choose flight: something he is quite good at.

Furral has a sort of weakness to getting his fur scratched in a pleasant manner. It is one of the few things that can slow him in his tracks. There has been more than one occasion where a group of children stopped him entirely by petting him in beast mode. Females have also used this to their advantage; well, some did it simply because he is cute and cuddly.

HISTORY
Furral was technically not old enough to enter the military by Maximal standards when he was needed in the Pioneer's War. Built for speed, Furral was strictly a scout; he was the best the UCCA were willing to spend for in speed and evasion. He was there when he saw his own Maximal brethren mass murder the Grussite stronghold in The Great Riverbed Push. Furral could not believe what he saw from his own Maximal people; it was one thing to retake your colony worlds, it was another thing to kill that many living beings to do it. Over the next year year as the tide turned in Cybertron's favor, Furral was reprimanded time after time for rescuing and harboring Grussite children.

During the Graycoat scare, Furral was accused of providing illegal pretender shells to young Grussites that could not return home, or would not in fear. There was not sufficient evidence to convict Furral, but he was still stripped of rank and removed from active duty. They knew he did not give the Grussites pretender shells; however, they knew he pointed the Grussites in the right direction to get them.

Furral spent about 16 years on Ti Ion, scrunging a living delivering products for Certifiable Pete. The UCCA decided to contact Furral because there were a shortage of speedy bots willing to risk their lives delivering mail on Dustball. The UCCA promised that his record would be wiped clean, and he would recieve twice his previous military paycheck and meals included.

Furral has not set up permanent residence on Dustball; however, he does have reserved rooms in both the Derrick Fields, Gildtown and Rotwood.

Quotes
"The mail must not fail." - Postbot motto

Post subject: Alice
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am 
Site Admin

General Info
  • Name: Alice
  • Aliases: Cyan (A former alias, not known to be known in the colonies)
  • Faction: Maximal. Usually.
  • Height: 6' (including ears)
  • Theme: "I Drink Alone" - George Thorogood. When she was younger, it would've been some Ed music from Cowboy Bebop.
  • Voice Actress: Susan Sarandon

Statistics
  • Strength: 4
  • Speed: 8
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Firepower: 6
  • Aim: 10
  • Courage: 4
  • Toughness: 6
  • Brawling: 9

Description
Robot Mode: A slim femmebot on the short side, tough looking but not tomboyish. Mottled brown beast mode fur and dull, off-white metal blend her in with the desert and most other bots on Dustball. SHe's clearly a young adult, but has a world-weary, worn out look to her, with creases around her blue-green optics. Much of the time she's also clearly intoxicating, carrying a bottle or a cigarette or both.

Metal holsters are welded on to either hip, carrying her handguns. Grenades and a couple smaller holdout psitols are carried in various compartments, some of which came with her shell, and others cut out later. She carries a small leather backpack with her alcohol and cigarette supply. She tends to lose this pretty quick when action starts, but always manages to find it again eventually.

A small black device is mounted just below her neck, which can project a small, flat, holographic viewscreen in front of her.

The overall technology level of her body is much lower than her old one. Instead of a specialized transmetal shell, she's a standard beast warrior with some low budget garage parts mods - aside from the black holoprojector PDA, which isn't tech you see much out in the colonies.

Beast/Vehicle Mode: A jackrabbit with mottled tan, brown and white fur. Dust-colored, mostly. Oddly this is both a different species from the last beast mode she remembers having, and not native to the colonies.

Weapons
  • Semi-automatic Pistols x2 - On the small side of caliber but the high end of quality by Dustball standards. Accurate, quick rate of fire, quick and easy to switch out clips (15 rounds to a clip, 10 extra clips in various body compartments, more clips and loose ammo in her pack. She doesn't skimp on stock.), built for reliability with minimum moving parts for a semi, so they jam up or overheat about as rarely as a gun can on this planet.
  • Grenades x5 - She used to paint her grenades like easter eggs. Doesn't bother anymore. 5 kept on hand, a few more cases in her pack.

Equipment
  • "Ma" or "Mom" - Black PDA holo-projector mounted just below her neck. Voice activated. Capable of scanning all frequencies and decoding transmissions with basic or outdated encryption. Main use is for identifying marks. Wireless isn't always available, even in all the towns, so she downloads the latest Wanted posts whenever she gets to a UCCA office. She's convinced it was derived from some remnant of her old Lightspawn com device, or imprinted with Lightspeed's software and personality somehow, so she calls it "Ma". Retracts behind her outer armor when not in use.
  • Backpack - Leather backpack for ammo, grenades, booze and cigs. She loses it often, but it always turns up.

Unique Traits
  • Small Arms Combat - Alice is unnaturally skilled at "gun-fu" style combat, featuring acrobatics, precision, and heavy reliance on fast aim and trick shots.
  • Luck - Or maybe just crazy skill that looks unintentional, Alice is one of those few characters that actually took advantage of that old "Luck" stat.
  • Drunken Shootout-ing - Being drunk, as she very often is nowadays, diminishes her skills somewhat, but through a combination of luck, instinct, a large amount of remaining skill and occaisional moments of lucidity, she's nearly as effective a fighter while intoxicated. As in the "Drunken Master" style of martial arts, she can use her off-balanced-ness to lower her opponent's guard and put them off balance themselves.

Skills
  • Firearms: Handguns
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat: Special Forces style, emphasizing quick and precise strikes at weak points.
  • Firearms: Automatic
  • Tactics
  • Acrobatics
  • Negotiation
  • Universe-saving

Personality
Alice just doesn't care anymore. She's already saved the whole of creation, and by all rights ought to be dead for it, so what else is there to do? She doesn't know why she's still alive, or why she's on the podunkiest speck on a speck of a far flung colony there is, and, well, on this you might get her to admit some care or concern, but she's in no rush to find out the answer if there is one. Her guess is that if there's a reason, she'll eventually find it whether she wants it or not, and it won't be something pleasant. Pleasant things generally aren't what fate has in mind for her.

So, if I haven't mentioned it yet, her response to all this is to be a drunk. If she's not sloshed, she's hung over, trying to get re-sloshed, or actually just a little less sloshed than usual and hiding it well. Still, even falling down drunk she can still draw faster than you, shoot the pricker off a Cactili behind her back, and when she tries to punch you in the jaw she'll miss, but somehow manage to hit just the right fracture point to dislocate your shoulder instead. She's really frickin' annoying like that.

Alice likes cute things and has an offbeat sense of humor. That doesn't show as much lately due to her depression, but you might see it if liquor or a fight has put her in a good mood. She's always had a tendency not to take fighting seriously, due to being so naturally gifted and pre-programmed, in a sense, in it, and because she's just generally been kind of aloof. Things like having to save the greater universe were what used to give her focus. Now that's all gone. It makes for her not being such a reliable ally. Stalemates in particular bore her. If she's stuck in a foxhole, she'll break out a bottle. In a standoff, shoot first just to get it over with. Otherwise a tactically dull engagement where she feels unneeded, or doesn't care so much if she is, and she might just walk off randomly.

Besides all that, she operates solo. Ragtag bands of fighters are like boyfriends for her, and she's not ready for another relationship yet. Actual boyfriends, she's never had time for, and right now isn't so inclined towards. She'll hook up, but she's picky, and after ten drinks only marginally less so. Trying to take advantage of her is not advised, as several permanently disabled scumwads of Gildtown will readily attest.

Alice registered with the UCCA bounty office as a Maximal, but she'll flip insignias and command codes to Pred whenever it's convienient. Advanced signature scanners of both factions will raise red flags about her, since her new body doesn't have the masking tech her old one did. Fortunately, advanced signature scanning tech isn't too common on Dustball, either.

Alice seems to have a bit of an odd relationship with her holoscreen PDA. First off, she even has one, and a pretty damned advanced one for Dustball, and it even works pretty reliably except that the holoprojector component is a little fritzy and has to be cleaned often. To anyone who knows Alice's family, which is apparently no one on Dustball, it's black color plus yellow detailing, capability to hack just about any comm channel, data processing and advanced AI would scream of a certain Lightspeed. This may be why she calls it "Mom". It may also have to do with it's AI personality being obviously influenced by her mother. Alice believes it bears her spark imprint. Her mother was at the same climactic final battle she was, and she never saw whether anyone made it out alive, so, for all she knows, her little PDA is the last remnant of her mother's spark in the greater universe. So, though she didn't always get along with Mom, and still doesn't always, she's a mite bit attached.

History
Alice was among the later children of the Predacon mercenaries Lightspeed and Prism. Her actual father, though, was Jungle, and much of her spark was actually derived from a washed out Maximal Secret Police agent that Jungle trained. It was complicated. The whole thing started as an elaborate plot by someone in the MSP to plant a mole amoung the so-called "Lightspawn" family. The the plot actually succeeded in conceiving a child probably got someone promoted, but instead of Alice being a mole, she was totally loyal to her parents, and a child prodigy when it came to gunfighting and commando tactics. Fortunately for the MSP analyst whose brilliant idea this all was, Alice disappeared before she got old enough to cause much real damage.

The disappearance was due to a Time Shard compounded by a teleporter accident, and landed her in an parallel universe 200 years in the future on a space station being invaded by a techno-organic virus known as the Beast. From that moment through young adulthood, she was more or less constantly rolled up in quests to stop one or another existential threat to the universe(s). This culminated in a multiverse crisis and climactic battle against Cage, or rather the demigod posessing the body of a Predacon named Cage. Cage sought to dominate every plane of existence, physical, metaphysical or otherwise in all of creation, or (in the much more likely outcome) destroy them all trying. So that kinda needed to be put a stop to. Alice, now calling herself Cyan (she changed names and remodeled her shell several times due to too much notoriety. The low profile never stuck.), was at the forefront of this fight, and at the end sacrificed her life to destroy the Endless and heal the multiverse.

This is all to say, she didn't expect to wake up face down in the desert dust under the noonday sun that day. Waking up, period, wasn't on her agenda. She looked at her hand. Having one of those also didn't feel right. Also it was the wrong color. Definitely a new shell here. Actually, definitely a used shell. Standard parts, mechanic's tinkering, and seemed she was a jackrabbit now. She turned herself over, and looked around. No one to greet her. Just blue sky, scrub brush and dust. And a leather backpack next to her. Inside was water, rations and a bottle of whiskey. She opened the bottle.

Alice found her way to a town, and tried to get her bearings. She found that there was an overall shortage of bearings. Maybe it was all just sun-baked dream, and she'd really been some colonial nobody all along. Except she didn't remember a thing about that, and nobody recognized her or any of the various aliases she recalled having. Besides which, allowing for the shell downgrade all her fighting skills seemed as sharp as before. Maybe the Allspark had some purpose for her here. In which case, screw the Allspark. Ashen had at least left a damned message once in a while.

Anyways, there was an oversupply of bounties on this planet, so it seemed the natural way to make ends meet. Making ends meet meant being able to buy enough liquor so as not to have to deal with being sober. Boredom being one thing she can't stand, her wanderings naturally led her to Gildtown.

Quotes
"Ehhh if it weren't for me you'd be dead. You'd all be dead!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 am 

Name: Versa
Aliases: Miss Scorpy
Height: 6'
Theme: The Wreckoning by Boomkat
Voice Actor: Angelina Jolie

Legal Status: Freelance

Statistics:
Strength: 5
Speed: 10
Brawling: 6
Firepower: 7
Aim: 9
Courage: 7

Description
APPEARANCE:
[Robot Mode]
Versa's robot mode is quite feminine in appearance. She has a thin, curvy hourglass figure that only Barbie could appreciate: long legs, long arms, and a long neck. The entire body is made of a segmented coils with sharp ridged scales covering all of the segmented coils. The coils are powered by internal springs and pistons that used compressed air to give Versa her intense speed.

Her shins and feet are covered in armor that resembles the legs of her beast mode yet somewhat in the shape of short-heeled cowboy boots. Her forearms and hands are covered in similar armor as the legs. The hands have two fingers and one thumb that are long, clawed, highly segmented and extremely dexterous. The upper torso and shoulders are covered by large segmented scales that resemble the large segmented scales on the back and tail of the beast mode. The torso retains the shape of a large, ample bosom. The pelvis is covered with an armor similar to the chest except it is shaped like common women's panties with razor edges. Similar armor yet thinner line the spine down to just above the butt region where Versa's beast mode tail begins.

Four of her beast mode legs are suspended from her back. They are useful for striking, but they are not able to hold or grasp objects.

Design of Versa's robot mode head:

[Beast Mode]
Versa's beast mode is a six foot long scorpion with two front claws that is native to Dustball referred to as Dunestrike(plural and singular). The overall body has small, sharp ridged scales with large segmented scales over the back and tail. There are spikes near the tail's stinger, on the legs, and around the head which opens in all four directions. There are two claws designed for grasping and holding. The tail is 3/4 the length of the body.

Dunestrike lead an usual and unusual life. They burrow during dusk in the sand to keep warm during the cold nights. At dawn, they emerge from their burrows to bath in the sun; their large segmented scales are designed more for soaking sunlight than providing protection. Dunestrike use their warmed up muscles to quickly strike their prey, one of the largest Dustball creatures, Dune Rovers. They do not kill Dune Rovers; like vampire bats, they feed on just a small amount of a much larger creature. Dunestrike have to be quick because Dune Rovers are easily startled. They come up quick and strike with their stingers to break through a space between Dune Rover scales on the back of the feet. Quickly, the Dunestrike grab hold and bite a small chunk of flesh from the wound. Dune Rovers tend not to eat Dunestrike because of how much they are startled; however, Dunestrike are occasionally trampled in the confusion. If necessary, Dunestrike may eat smaller animals; in addition, they must burrow for desert tubers for a source of fiber to keep their digestive track healthy. Dunestrike are unusually social with their young, carrying them around and cleaning them; however, they constantly spar with other adults. Males bring the females gifts of Dune Rover chunks to impress females for mating rituals. Dunestrike molt once a year during rare rainstorms. The soft-bodied Dunestrike are considered a tasty meal to large predators. Dunestrike stretch and are constantly on the move until their new exoskeletons dry and thus harden. Dunestrike often roll in sand and rub against rocks during the molting to sharpen their exoskeletons before hardening.

[Clothing]
Versa wears several dozen black leather-like buckled straps that cover her robot and beast mode. The straps hold her knives and smoke canisters.

WEAPONS
[Claws]
Versa's fingertips end in dense, sharp claws. More painful than penetrating; only light armored individuals would suffer.

[Griffyn Dagger]
Versa uses this dagger when she is in the situation to mercifully or honorably finish off an individual. The dagger is reserved for that purpose only. The method is very ritual to her; one must be worthy enough to earn death from this blade.

[Jackal Dagger]
Versa uses this in a thrust to the gut sort of situation within close quarters when throwing knives are out of the question. Penetrates most armor.

[Hells Razor]
Though this razor could potentially be used as a weapon, Versa reserves it for symbolic purposes like carving and shaping materials. This is the blade that she sharpens most often.

[Saber Daggers]
These are two special purpose daggers that serve more defensive blocking techniques than offensive-especially good for catching the edge/side of a cliff/etc.

[Throwing Knives]
Penetrate most armor when Versa can put all her speed, aim, and strength into a precise and accurate throw-especially wounding at close range.

[Bolas & Net]
Vee's hands can bend forward and latch onto the inner side of her forearms. Openings are left where the hands were revealing a cylindrical device that matches her color scheme. These devices shoot either a bola made of three interconnecting metal ropes with heavy bearings at each end or a square metal net with heavy bearings on each end. The bearings are hard and heavy enough to dent light armor upon impact.

[Smoke Canisters]
This is a small version of the average gas grenade. Instead of tear gas, you are shrouded in the typical ninja special effects smoke that effectively prevents normal vision. It will dissipate shortly in open air and effectively stick around inside of somewhere with no ventilation.

[Tail Stinger]
The tail is segmented, 3/4 the length of Vee's body and powered by the movement of pistons and compressed air through springs. The tail is designed to strike in such a way to allow the dense and sharp stinger to penetrate strong armor. None-to-Light armor would receive a decent sized hole. Average armor would just have the stinger enter and leave an average sized wound and some sizable pain. Strong armors would only have penetration of the outer armor with a wound that is not serious.

EQUIPMENT
[Cuffs]
Dense handcuffs designed to have a dense wiring wrapped into two thick cords rather than chain links. The cuffs also only have two keys, Versa's pointer fingers. Versa has 6 pairs. 5 of the 6 are just a basic light color that matches her body; one special pair is wrapped with leopard print furry stuff. Handcuffs have many known uses ... if you still wonder, use your imagination ... nuff said.

[Smoke Filter]
Versa has a filter that prevents her from inhaling smoke preventing anything harmful to the organic components of her body.

[Stone Sharpeners]
Stones designed for the sharpening of blades. Versa will often use these sharpeners in her off-time.

SKILLS
Burrowing: This is a skill restricted to beast mode. Speed based-Versa will need material loose/soft enough to claw without high strength. The skill is restricted to defense unless someone gives her explosives to plant or someone like a guard is standing still over an area for quite some time to allow her to dig out from underneath-some sort of preplanned action not for on the fly.

Expert: Knife Handling
Expert: Knife Throwing
General Non-Expert Netting Skill
General Non-Expert Bola Skill
Survival: Desert -Restricted to beast mode due to the inherited nature of the beast.
Trapping - skill most effective in the following environments: desert, plains, forest, and jungle

PERSONALITY
Versa the go-get-girl for keeping your bounty alive. There is often more challenge in bringing back a live individual. She has never had to kill a bounty. Hit and run, she speeds here and there cutting her target until the target is wounded enough to bola and net. Versa has a preference to knives; guns are too sloppy, loud, and generally unpleasant to her. That does not mean when the time is necessary that she won't use someone else's gun on them to save herself.

Versa has an immense pride, Predacon Pride. She is stubborn and self righteous. She would quicker side with an honorable Maximal in order to rid the world of the scum of Predacons than protect the scum. She respects law and order and dictates organized crime, especially the unorganized sort. Reputation means a lot to her; it is unlikely that she would refuse a challenge. She would rather lose with dignity than walk away a coward. In defeat, she always compliments her opponents but informs them that there will be a future challenge that she win. She always intends to.

The quickest way to gain her loyalty is to lose a challenge to her with dignity. She does not like to accept that people cannot handle their own situations; unless of course, there is someone without honor, taking advantages. Beating her honorably will earn her respect; however, she will always be looking for the opportunity to honorably defeat you in return. That can be a double edged sword for anyone trying to gain her assistance. She is often looking to seek work and get paid for it anyhow; additionally, she does not sign up for too many jobs that do not begin or end in a bounty.

Knives are her passion, and she takes care of them as if they were her own fingers. She sharpens and organizes her blades during most free moments.

Versa is the queen of the quick fix in the social environment. She likes her drinks hard and stiff, to the point. She has no attention for a relationship. When she wants her sensual fix, she will make it very clear to the male and practically drag him to the bedroom, willing or not. She has no interest in any male that tries to have any word in that situation. If they are dark and moody, too talkative, anally mysterious, practical jokers, too intelligent, or needy, Versa won't bother being sensual with them. She is rough and has to stay in control; if the male does not agree, they can just leave.

She switches gears for bounty hunting. She becomes patient, stalking her prey. She strikes quickly only when she knows the time is right. She becomes serious and focused.

Life has become something of ritual preservation to Versa due to the losses she suffered when she was young. Life is to be respected and not corrupted. A life should only be taken in honor is a common motto of Versa. When she grants one death, she does it in a ritualistic manner to Primus in order to present the extinguished spark properly to the afterlife. Versa will go an extra length ritually with her Griffyn Dagger for those deserving of a greatly honorable death.

Versa carries over her ritualistic nature into art. Versa often carves symbols of honor, death, and life into materials like wood and ceramics. Sometimes she carves three dimensional sculptures of the same theme. This usually occurs between blade sharpenings and during times when Versa is greatly engrossed in nothing whatsoever.

HISTORY
Everyone Versa cared about were slaughtered by criminals during her youth. It was a group of honor bound Predacon Militia that rescued her and cleansed her Hub from a mob lord. Taken by the militia, Versa learned quickly the difference between scum and the honorable. She was taught to respect justice, which led to train in how to bring criminals to prison alive to face their crimes, even if it was often a guaranteed death sentence anyhow in those Predacon Courts.

It was an up-hill battle cleaning up the scum, mobs, gangs, and dishonorable thugs of Predacon Hubs on Cybertron. Her militia never stopped trying. It was only a matter of time before they took down the wrong criminal with too ties to the elite and power base of the Predacon military. Versa became too high profile for her own good. She made Predacon police look bad and exposed corruption in places that had too many ties to those in power.

Versa had to be shuffled off without drawing too much attention to her disappearance. It was decided by the Predacon majority that her militia be sent to accompany the colonists to ensure their security. The Predacon majority made assurances that refusal would appear dishonorable and cowardly. Versa had little personal choice in the matter; she left Cybertron behind her.

Versa was never the leader type; she never led the militia, just actively participated if you know what I mean. Having everyone you cared about slaughtered as a young person limits one's ability to be social in the right manner to recuit and lead organized groups, even if the militias rarely had a head-count larger than twenty or even ten. Time passed, and the colonists had increasingly less need for a protective militia; there were only fifteen original militia that dwindled to nine in the chaotic early days and to six before they split up. Versa's militia eventually split into private bounty hunters to preserve the peace and remove criminal corruption. She did not have much authority, so there was not much she could do to prevent everyone from going their own ways.

Quotes
"I get it. You are tall, dark and scary. Move on to the next bimbo unless you have vested interest in getting parts of your anatomy slowly circumcised."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am 

Name: Ghost
Alias: The Rider, Rider, Tormented
Height: 8 feet
Theme: Ghost Riders In The Sky by The Outlaws.
Voice Actor: Michael Wincott (villain from the movie, The Crow)

Legal Status: Freelance

STATISTICS
Speed: 7
Brawling: 7
Firepower: 6
Toughness: 8

DESCRIPTION
[Robot Mode]
Ghost's robot mode is an 8 foot horse-human skeleton, each bone bleach white. It appears like three skeletons were fused together into one; that is because there are at least three duplicates of each bone fused together into one. Pistons, gears, cylinders, springs, and other basic devices of mechanical movement line the inside of the skeleton. All of the mechanical parts have the appearance of rusted steel. The skull is shaped more like a horse's skull and has 64 small versions of railroad spikes lodged randomly over the surface of the skull, one for each human death at a human colony massacre. When Ghost speaks, the jaw of the skull does not move. The feet are horse hooves; the hooves are quite large and appear as a network of intertwined bone and metal wire that have the appearance of rusted steel. Ghost's right hand appears like the rest of the body, except there are only two, thick boney fingers and a thumb that can easily join into a hoof. Ghost's left hand is actually a mixture of bones and revolver parts; Ghost's left hand is essentially a giant revolver with a long Boeing knife sprouting from the bottom of the barrel where it meets the wrist. Mechanical gears and pistons replace muscle control that resemble rusted steel version of Terminator endoskeletons. Ghost wears a tattered shroud that the embodiment of Death would wear; well that would be true if Death washed his black shroud with a paste made out of water and steel rust.

[Beast Mode]
Ghost's beast mode has the same mechanical skeleton appearance as the robot mode, but there is very little human resemblance left after transformation. The skeletal design resembles that of an Earth-born horse. Ghost's hands transform fully into hooves. The horse skull retains the 64 small railroad spikes as the robot mode. Ghost's robot mode shroud seperates, folds and tapers into a harness and straps around his body into a style worn by horses in the old west.

WEAPONS
[Long Bone] This is a double barrel shotgun that fires standard Cybertron issue shotgun rounds. The hilt appears to resemble the skull and neck bones of a horse. The doubled shaft appears like rusted steel forged into a segmented bone sort of texture. This weapon has high spread. The further you are, the less damage you will take. Close range would be quite nasty for an unarmored bot. Ghost has a bone-link belt that holds a total of 12 rounds; Ghost has to refill in town or from anyone that has standard Cybertron issue shotgun rounds after his 12 shells are up.

[Short Bone] This is a pistol that has a hilt handle that resembles the cartilage around the trachea and thyroid. The loading bay and barrel resemble a small ribcage and thick, hollow spine. There is a hair-trigger that appears like cartilage. The pistol fires rounds that are standard Cybertron issue size; however, the rounds look like human teeth and appear like rusted steel. Ghost can load six teeth at a time; Ghost has hundreds of these teeth stuck in various parts of his body. He has to manually shove each tooth into the base of the handle one by one.

[Vertebraek] This is twenty feet of thick, barbed vertebrae fused with wire and barbs that appear like rusted steel. Ghost is particularly skillful with this weapon. Vertebraek remains wrapped around Ghost's chest until needed.

[Clunk] Ghost's left hand is essentially a large revolver with a long boeing type knife that extends from his wrist quite passed the revolver part of his hand. There are six rounds before reloading from within his left arm: 3 seconds between reload. The bullets are three times as thick as standard Cybertron rounds for revolvers. The bullets can easily dent strong armor and could knock a light armored bot into stasis lock if hit in a quite vital area from close range.

EQUIPMENT
[Rust Roses] At any scene of death, or wherever Ghost has witnessed a death, Ghost will leave behind a rose that appears like it is made out of rusted steel.

DEPENDANCY
[Crude] Due to his body being repaired using more primitive mechanics by humans, Ghost has become more dependent on crude oil than energon instead of the usual reverse for Maximals.

SKILLS
Expert: Whips & Chains
Firearms

PERSONALITY
Ghost is a wreck since his life was destroyed so long ago. Having lost who he was, he does not have much else but to hunt down those that do horrible things that he cannot bare to watch. Nothing will get in the way of Ghost defending innocence and making a nice corpse out of those criminals. Ghost makes them suffer appropriately, and he would sooner sacrifice himself than sit back and watch another young boy suffer as he had.

Any Maximal in any civilized place would be seeing psychological help or seek some shaman to explore their mystical awakening. Dustball isn't a civilized place, and everyone has enough problems of their own that led them to Dustball. Ghost buries it all in his mind, and he focuses on lending a helping hand when not torturing the wicked to death. Charity work is one of the few aspects of his former life that remain. Centuries relentlessly and diligently hunting down Novawing made him lose touch with society. He wouldn't even know how to socialize with an Maximal on a regular basis anymore, but he will try.

Ghost does go to the saloon and he makes small talk with those he lends a hand to. Most notice that he doesn't speak much beyond small talk. He does often go through bounties and ask others about new bounties. Ghost prefers to hunt down people that would do unspeakable, horrible things to others, but he will often find a personal excuse to capture other bounties; that seems to be less frequent. He collects the money, but he doesn't do it for the money. Ghost just uses the money for ammo, repairs, and some crude to help keep him going; he'd gladly take those things directly instead of the credits.

Ghost will wander out into the desert when the time is late, and he is not hunting someone. Some nights he weeps so loudly that all desert creatures steer clear of him. Most nights, he is so still that even the skittish Dune Rovers will pass him by or even rest nearby him. Even Ghost can never predict what each night will be like. Ghost will even admit that he doesn't know what’s left inside of the boy he was inside of the monster he has become.

One thing about Ghost remains the same everyday that he is not hunting. Every morning at dawn, he rides the desert. He splits the dunes and makes his way to town. He then often helps people out around town with small things that need an extra hand

HISTORY
It has been a long time since is was clear what Ghost used to be called. Everyone just knows him as Ghost. They know him as the tormented one riding to town each morning at dawn. Anyone that has seen him for a while, knows he spent the night in the desert reflecting. Ghost is known for helping people out around town with small things that need an extra hand. Ghost listens around town for people that have done horrible things, people that cause the sorts of tragedies he has experienced. If there is bounty involved, he has always done it for ammo, crude oil and repairs if they could give him that instead of credits. Only the people that have talked to him long enough have been able to piece together his entire story; he hasn't talked much about it.

Ghost is old, an aging Maximal. Ghost wasted the prime of his life hunting for revenge: time, so much time without any sign of regret.

Ghost was not always a monster. A young hotshot Maximal with a horse beast mode, Ghost was in love, and he reached out to help those in need. Kellion, his love, helped him discover an upstart human colony that was struggling to survive as they branched out from Earth. Several years went by, and Ghost helped the human colony of 100 thrive. There was a celebration with 64 humans present and Ghost with Kellion. The Prediconss used the celebration as an opportunity to raid. Novawing led a powerful wave of aerial Predaconss to take what they wanted. All 64 humans were quickly killed, Kellion died shortly after in defense of the humans. Damaged on the ground, Ghost looked at Novawing as he held his love, dead in his arms. "Nothing personal," Novawing told Ghost before Novawing made Ghost the final victim of the raid.

The Predacon weapons left only bones of the humans. Ghost's last moments were crawling over large pile of the bones. Ghost's internal nanites tried making repairs; however, there wasn't much of his body left and the nanites fused to all materials around. It was still too much for even nanites to repair. The remaining 36 human colonists did the best they could with their technology to repair Ghost. All of Ghost's most high-tech systems were replaced with basic machinery. Ghost became more dependant on crude oil than energon. The human most involved repairs, lost his entire family and decided to make Ghost into a reminder of the massacre; he used bones of his family and close ones in Ghost's new body. Ghost came back online, and paused as he witnessed the monster he had become. While Ghost was offline, Ghost dreamed of the Allspark and losing touch with his love once again since she remained with the Allspark.

Ghost reviewed the identities of every human that died; he drove a spike into his own head after he reviewed each human life, so his memory of each human would never fade from his mind. Ghost erased all purpose in his life besides one purpose, hunt down and make Novawing suffer. Being a pirate and a raider, Novawing was not an easy one to trace. Ghost spent centuries hunting down every Sweep in Novawing's wave, killing them and getting what information he could. The last sweep revealed that Novawing had just broken out of a Cocytus prison block out in the middle of the backyard of nothing where a couple little known colonies resided. Ghost was not deterred.

Ghost followed a trail of bounty hunters looking for Novawing, and Ghost found him first on Dustball, hiding. Novawing defeated Ghost several times by shear power. Ghost was not deterred; Ghost was relentless. Novawing's power storage and supplies dwindled as Ghost always found a way to come back and attack him. When Novawing used the last charge of his proton rifle, Ghost's less power intensive weapons where clearly the advantage on this Dustball. Ghost had Novawing at his mercy. Novawing as Ghost to end his misery. Ghost told Novawing, "I will make you a deal; pray for forgiveness for every spark you have ever extinguished. When your prayers have been answered, I will stop." Ghost made Novawing suffer 65 near deaths before Ghost finally allowed Novawing to expire in the middle of the desert. He had a laughter so loud that nearby Dune Rovers stampeded through the nearby desert. A local worker of the general store in Rotwood took notice of the stampede and found Ghost. Ghost was no longer laughing. He was crying. Ghost broke down and told the worker his story. In the end of the story, he told the worker, "You know a mentor once said that everyman has a devil, and you can't rest till you find him. I found my devil, and I killed him. That put a smile on my motionless face; who knows? I just might have became my own devil in that moment. I tell you one thang; I don't think I'll ever meet my angel ever again."

Ghost started helping out around Dustball whenever someone needed a hand. It was not long before he began noticing the bounties around. He began by taking on the bounties with the most cruel of crimes that disgusted him, but he often found some personal involvement with others. The bodies would often be drug right into the center of town, and he would go right back to helping people out without any sign of remorse, just a Rust Rose left with the corpse.

QUOTES
"I will make you a deal; pray for forgiveness for every spark you have ever extinguished. When your prayers have been answered, I will stop."

"I do not believe you cleared your act of foul aggression with me first."

"You know a mentor once said that everyman has a devil, and you can't rest till you find him. I found my devil, and I killed him. That put a smile on my motionless face; who knows? I just might have became my own devil in that moment. I tell you one thang; I don't think I'll ever meet my angel ever again."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 pm 

Name: Creeper
Aliases: Creep, Creeps
Size:
  • Height: 8'
  • Length: 12'
Theme Song: "Meet the Creeper" by Rob Zombie
Voice Actor: Vincent Price, the well-known actor from early horror movie days, whom starred in the hit Omega Man.

Legal Status
  • Criminal

STATISTICS
  • Strength: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Brawling: 7
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Firepower: 9
  • Aim: 7
  • Courage: 2
  • Toughness: 7

DESCRIPTION
Beast Mode
    >>Click Here For Larger Picture<<
    Creeper usually remains in his beast mode of a tropical extraterrestrial spider that is blue, yellow green, and orange in color. The front legs and pedipalps have evolved into arms with five-fingered hands in this species. The feet of each of the six remaining legs can be used as three-fingereds hands as well. Radio transmitters and recievers are implanted over much of the body; many appear as mechanical bolts. The opisthosoma (abdomen) of the beast mode as been modified mechanically to carry explosives and Creeper's mechanical swarm. A cooling unit is located at the base of abdomen to regulate the temperature of volatile explosive materials. Two three-clawed grappling hooks are implanted at the rear of the abdomen. Mechanical, circular red optics replace the eyes of the beast mode.

Robot Mode
    Creeper does not transform into robot mode often; he has no need to unless he wishes to multitask with even more arms. When he does, his cephalothorax (head) region collapses into a chest while a standard Predacon head emerges with spidery attributes and 6 small green optics. He still has the four arms from his beast mode, but four of his legs are now extra arms attached to his back. The legs can easily slide back down to be used as extra legs if the need arose.

WEAPONS
Swarm
  • Creeper's swarm consists of insects and arachnids that are created from organic and mechanical parts of dead beast warrior transformers and severed limbs. Each one looks like a an average spider, scorpion, beetle, scarab, dragonfly, praying mantis, butterfly, etc; except that, you will see entire sections of the bodies being made of small mechanical parts like gears and switches.
    Individually, they are not much more deadly than their living organic counterparts. As a swarm, the insect's mechanical mandibles wear down and chew through any armor over time. Creeper reserves a 10 gallons worth of volume to store his swarm (standard volume of large trash containers). The insects are not self-aware, and they operate using quartz mechanisms and crude fuel. The insects require Creeper's constant radio transmisions to keep them operational.

Explosive Canisters
    On Cybertron, Creeper's explosives would have been more advanced, but such detail and resources are too costly for Creeper to maintain and restock on dustball. Creeper has two different canisters: the first explodes on impact, and the second uses a spring mechanism to detonate seconds after impact. Creeper carries 24 canisters; 18 are preloaded while 6 are left empty in case he finds better materials to make better explosives. The canisters may be filled with the following:
  • All materials can be found and mined from deserts and desert animals; I can provide lengthy exact details for anyone that requests.
  • napalm facsimile: usually oil/tar base possibly combined or replaced by animal/plant fat/oil
  • standard grenade materials
  • thermite
  • smoke release (usually an oxidizer/fuel-sugar/temperature moderant/colored dye mixture)
  • flares
  • concussion grenade (causes shockwave rather than normal grenade explosion)
  • low grade grenade filled with sharp pieces of metal that causes twice the amount of shrapnel

Pistol Palms
  • Cylindrical pistol barrels can extend from each of Creeper's hands/feet. They fire standard rounds at the rate of a standard military automatic pistol.

EQUIPMENT
Grappling Hooks
  • These grappling hooks are implanted at the rear of Creeper's abdomen. Each hook can pull twice Creeper's weight over the distance of a football field.

Radio Implants
  • These mechanical implants allow Creeper to control his swarm using radio signals. The range is only a few miles, and sources that normally interfere with radio signals will interfere with his control. He cannot operate the swarm outside on the surface of Dustball if he is underground, in a tunnel/cave/etc, or buried a few feet under.

Abdomen Storage
  • Creeper's rear section has been mechanically altered to be used as storage space for explosives and his Swarm with a cooling unit at the base that uses small fans and common refrigeration and air conditioning freon.

SKILLS
  • Acrobatics
      Spider Agility
  • Demolitions
  • Explosives
  • MacGuyver
      If MacGuyver can do it, Creeper can. (MacGuyver had a Ph.D in Physics)
  • Mechanics
  • Science
      Physics
      Chemistry
      Biochemistry

PERSONALITY
    Creeper is not the glorious warrior sort of Predacon. Creeper would rather pick off enemies from a distance than ever fighting anyone close. Creeper is at heart, a coward. Creeper does not want to risk his own skin one bit. Fighiting is not Creeper's forte; he enjoys bombarding people from a distance, but he is not honorable and not the proud warrior type. He does not see the overall benefit of having any sort of animosity toward any group of people.

Creeper has no particular animosity towards the Maximals as a whole or any other group; everyone is opportunity for him to blow up someone, and he cares more about the money than faction wars. Creeper is easy to win over if you have the credits to afford him; he is more interested in building explosives and laboratories to keep himself occupied. Selling weapons he has created and designed to the highest bidder has even gotten him into the trouble that resulted in his exile to Dustball.

Creeper still appreciates the Predacon way of life. There is no way he could fit into Maximal society, and he would not want to. He is more comfortable around Predacons and the hostile sorts that appreciate his need to blow things up. Most Maximals just don't understand his fixation with watching people come apart on slow motion film.

Creeper is cowardly, so he does not like overbearing people. People that get too close to him and in his face make him nervous... even moreso after being captured by the Purification. Even patting his back or leaning on his shoulder bothers Creeper. Creeper prefers to deal with people at a distance. He would rather not be bothered by people that are not paying him to use his time. He hates people looking over his shoulder, but he can bare short visits and appreciates interest in his work as long as people do not become annoying and touchy. He takes pride in his work, and he is not satisfied with sub-par product; he will get very irritated if he is being rushed. Creeper enjoys the respect he gets from others for making reliable, effective weapons.

Creeper loses his temper easily, but he dislikes confrontation even more. You'll here him grumble, snicker, growl, and walk away bitter a lot more than he will ever lash out. Drinking will often give him a false courage, so he has made it a habit on Dustball. Creeper keeps track of his intake though, he always wants to remain capable of thinking clearly and being able to design above-par explosives.

Greed and pride are sins that Creeper cannot escape. The two sins often blind him to the reality of his situation until it is too late for him to escape his problems. Drinking doesn't help, neither do wanted criminals that happen to have enough money on hand to bribe him. Creeper's last option is the face his problems and face his enemies; he will run away if he can... at least until he is out of range of close combat, and he can start throwing his bombs and Swarm again. Even though Creeper lacks skill in close combat; he is not weak nor slow, and he has many arms to hit you with... and each hand/foot can sprout a automatic pistol barrel. He will defend himself if cornered and cannot get away; he would just rather not be harmed.

Speaking of his Swarm, building small mechanical creatures seem to be a relatively new hobby for him. He often has to lay low and be inconspicuous on Dustball; he needed to do something in his spare time. Grave robbing the dead bodies of beast warriors, he uses their bodies to create small insects and arachnids that operate using crude fuel and desert quartz to operate their mechanical parts. These mechanical bugs are constantly moving around his lab in Undertown while he works, sometimes even interacting with other bugs. If someone asks him about it, he just tells them, "What did you expect? My name is Creeper afterall."

Lastly... personal relations... Creeper is heterosexual, and he often has to settle for the brothels to relieve his frustrations. He has never had a real relationship. He doesn't like to be bothered. He is a bug, and mechanical bugs surround him and follow him. His name is Creeper. He enjoys watching people getting violently dismembered by explosives. He prefers women that have his own interests and insectile/arachnid beast modes. Even if Creeper found a woman willing to put all his disgustingness aside and follow his interests, it is doubtful that Creeper would find the courage to approach her and court her. Luckily, there are plenty of brothels with females willing to pretend to be whatever he wants them to be.

The brothel is probably the best place to ambush Creeper since his guard is down, but you won't find him there often... just when his frustrations have gotten the best of him. He will spend most of his time in the lab in Undertown, the worst possible place to ambush him.

HISTORY
    Creeper recieved higher education from a young age and attended prestigious Predacon universities. Skill in physics and chemistries led him to a career in designing and manufacturing explosives and other weapons for demolitions and military use. Creeper had a contract with the Predacon military.

Creeper did not see much combat, and he never took combat training. He always managed to stay behind the action and deploy his explosives and weapons from a distance. He was never able to hold up well in close quarters combat. Still, this served him well for many stellar cycles. Overconfidence got the best of him.

Creeper left Cybertron to meet with a supplier on Earth after recieving alarming intel reguarding the supplier; the planet had some unique resources that Creeper had a preference for. Once on Earth, the terrorist group, Purification, captured, detained, and interrogated Creeper. Creepy was later freed thanks to mercenary leaders, Lightspeed and Prism. A few stellar cycles passed, and his time under their leadship was no longer necessary. Creeper returned to his contract with the Predacon military and took a new beast mode in order to conceal his idenity from terrorist groups such as the Purification.

Creeper was eventually caught distributing weapons to enemies of the Predacon military for extra credits on the side. The military tracked the credits he had been embezzeling for some time. Creeper was exiled from Predacon territory, and Maximal territory would have tried to bring him up on charges of war crime. Creeper was on a transport to the colonies when he discovered that he had lost access to his credit account. Lacking funds, he had to exit the transport when it arrived on Dustball.

Creeper's talent and skill in creating and designing explosives and other weapons made him a commodity to the criminal element of Dustball. At first, he made explosives and weapons to earn credits to get off of Dustball. Time passed, and he realized he was making himself rich on the planet without having to worry about any government tracking his credits and actions; he was easily able to pay off most government representatives if they ever found him.

Greed has consumed Creeper, and he has earned a solid place of respect as a weapons supplier and designer within Undertown on Dustball.

QUOTES
  • "Sometimes I feel as if I'd be better off dead. No... wait. Not me, you."
  • "What did you expect? My name is Creeper afterall."

KNOWN CRIMES
  • assault with a deadly weapon
  • aiding known criminals
  • distributing explosives and weapons to known criminals
  • grave robbery
  • kidnapping
  • murder
  • resisting arrest
  • unlicensed production of explosives
  • unlicensed use of explosives
  • unlicensed weapon sales
  • violating probation

CURRENT REWARD FOR CAPTURE:
  • 25,000 credits

LABORATORY
    A large cave was renovated by Creeper's patrons in Undertown in order for Creeper to continue doing his work. The cave lies on the wall-face near the ceiling of Undertown... which is preferred because of downdraft and the heat and impact resistant clay and dirt.. The cave is not accessable to people that cannot fly, climb wall-faces, or Hulk/Mutant Toad-scale jumping abilities. A radio transmitter is fixed to the ceiling of the lab; this transmitter provides enough control to Creeper's mechanical bugs to allow them to keep his place neat and tidy or to crawl all over people that try to enter when Creeper is not their... they won't attack, but would you want mechanical bugs crawling all over you? Creeper's immediate neighbors are most of his patrons, so they keep an eye out to protect their own investment. Most of Creeper's bombs and weapons are still in the assembly process if they remain in his lab, so most are not willing to risk setting them off by trying to disturb the place. Creeper doesn't have any personal things or deep secrets; as a result, the lab stays open without doors to help vent fumes and smoke. When Creeper is in the lab, he turns off the ceiling transmitter and controls the mechanical bugs himself; he lets them creep around as their organic counterparts would. They would be like pets if he didn't consider them a hobby and disposable. There are three tap-sized pipelines to his lab that tap into local reserves or steal from other pipelines to natural gas, crude, and water to run his equipment. There is a weekly shipment of desert quartz by a criminal that doubles as an errand boy. Creeper's setup isn't high tech anymore because of his location, the supplies are makeshift and no more high tech than you would would find in a chemistry labs in good universities.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:49 pm 

Name: Shackle
Aliases: Roper, Long Arm
Height: 13' 4”
Theme: “Knights of Cydonia” by Muse
Voice Actor: Bob Buchholz (Voice of Gene Starwind of Outlaw Star among others)

[Statistics]
Brawling: 8
Aim: 4
Courage: 8

[Description]
[Robot Mode]
A muscular poweful build but not all that bulky. He's attractive in a rough and tumble way. Patches of fur line the outer parts of his arms and legs. The bison's head splits to form the forarms, leaving the horns to point away from the hands. A winch is built in to his back and feed up to his left shoulder where the electric noose hangs. His metal chest sports the maximal symbol and the UCCA marshal's star. He has a plain but emotive face. ((Drawing coming soon.))

[Beast Mode]
A White and Beige American Bison. Stands 5'7” at the shoulders and is over 8' long. A powerful creature capable of take a lot of punishment.

[Weapons]
Twin Barrel Break-Action Shotgun – Over Under Barrel alignment, armed with buck shot, but could chamber slugs, explosive or beanbag rounds when he has any of those. Plus it's made out of high impact composites to he grab the barrel and use it as a club with out fear of breaking it.
Electric Noose – Impractical to to use in combat, but a useful intimidation tool and when needed, an effective frontier execution device. Generally attached to his winch.

[Equipment]
Heavy Winch
Binder Cuffs
Binoculars
Energy Canteen
Belt Bandoleer, holds 20 shotgun shells (12 buck, 6 Beanbag, 2 Explosive)

[Skills]
Expert: Grappling Hand to Hand Combat
Expert: Criminology
Psychology: General
Engineering: General
Medical: Basic First Aid
Firearms and Melee: Basic Police Training

[Personality]
His first duty and drive is to uphold the safety of civilization. Usually this take the form of upholding the law. But he also recognizes the need to bend and even break the law sometimes to serve the people. He's taken part in his share of executions not sanctioned by a judge.

He's a pretty easy going guy in social situations. Most find him approachable and likable. Though an edge of aloofness exists. Women find he comes on a bit too strong. His enemies find that years of criminology and psychology allow his threats to really get under the plating.

He likes most people, whether there Cactilli, Human, Maximal, or Predicon. His biases are more based around law breakers. He has a hard time trusting and being polite to former criminals. He drinks, but never too much. He has been seen inside a brothel or two. And he's gambled way a paycheck before. He has no family or friends to speak of, other than a few other lawmen. He's a workaholic who even when not on the clock is obsessively looking for crimes and crooks.

He hopes to help make the colonies a thriving civilization where the raiding and massacres are things of the past. He wants to see a system wide society, where the all peoples are on a equal footing.

[History]
I came to S-231 17 years ago seeking a law enforcement career and a exciting life. Spent the first two years an a sleepy train depot town on Westbrook, deputized to a salty old sheriff called Blast-Back. He taught me most of what I know about justice. I had a formal academy education on police work, but this is the colonies. But I didn't really understand that until a group of four bloodied and battered people staggered into town one sunrise. They came from the next town down the tracks, Tranquil Valley. After Blast-Back gathered the details he rounded up the three of us deputies and couple other able bodied bots and we rode out.

The slaughter was an appropriate name for the whole affair. Butchered bodies and stench of death is still jammed in my sensory buffer. By sunset that night we had taken out two of Disaster's gang and they had taken four of us, including Sheriff Blast-Back. The lost of good people and my hand in the killing fundamentally changed me.

I kicked around a few more towns working under other sheriffs. Three years ago I applied for a post and was asked to join the Marshals. They liked my work and heard my story. Said it would give me a chance find Disaster. I started moving around the system with my partner Caliber, performing my duty all the while keeping my ear to the wind for news of Disaster.

[Quotes]
“Marshal Shackle of UCCA, what seems to be the problem.” - to a person reporting a crime

“I notice your glass is empty mind if I buy you a drink” - to a woman at a saloon

“For crime against the United Cybertronian Colonies Authority and the decency of all life, I hearby condemn you to hang by the neck until dead.” - to a murder with an electric noose around his head

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]