The Axalon RPG

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unification of Fan Forums and RPG Forums
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Wanted to get some feedback on this...

As you all know, the www.axalonunderground.com is gone.

I was therefore strongly considering giving the Fan Forums a formal invitation to bring their boards here to www.axalon.org.

In the beginning the Fan Forums and RPG Forums existed together on the same forum, so there is precedent for this.

There are obvious advantages for both sides.

Primarily, I feel this will ensure the Axalon's continued survival.

Post subject: Re: Unification of Fan Forums and RPG Forums
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Well I guess that there isn't much buzz for this idea... that's fine.

Just be nice to have a bit more discussion in general going on here, but I suppose we all have our haunts now... nonetheless... it would be nice.

It's all good.

Nonethelss I remain open to the idea.

If the community should one day be willing to go for this, then I'm in.

I know we are all too old and have too much going on to ever make this place what it was - I'm sure we all have careers, mortgages, families and better things to do in general besides be online.

Nonetheless, if this place ever shut down I would truely miss it.

Post subject: Re: Unification of Fan Forums and RPG Forums
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Riboflavin enters cautiously. When last he left, some eight months ago, he had turned on the motion sensors and remote notification system. It must not be working -- or someone disabled it -- because clearly there has been activity in the interim.

Movement, off in the corner. "Good friend!" says a robotic voice behind glowing green eye slits, "Please assist, I am needing--"

ZAP. The bot is vaporized. Riboflavin sighs. "This better not be all spammers." But soon he sees a light on in the kitchen, and a handful of old friends chatting quietly around the table. He enters, nods, and sits.

As for the proposal, I am cautious but not opposed. My experiences with coordination and outreach with the Fan Forums have all gone south rather quickly. And I don't know whether there's any desire for unification on their part. Their forum still gets some activity, so they might be fine where they are and not want to lose folks in yet another transition. If anyone has good relations with the powers that be over there, knows the proper channels, and is willing to put out a feeler, I'd be fine with that though.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]